It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird in the background of a moon photo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Someone on another forum had posted a picture of the moon(original photo), and I was looking at it, and looked at the space background and noticed some weird stuff. Like...I could see stairs and walls. It was weird. Some people couldn't see what I was talking about...so I edited the photo and changed it to Heat Map and filled in some light. And now people were beginning to understand what I was looking at. I'm not claiming anything, but rather want some help on this.

Original photo

Edited version

Am I experiencing the phenomenon where you look at a cloud and see something like a...bunny, or perhaps a dragon breathing fire? I can't remember the term for it. When looking at the photos, it's at the top to the right where the "edge" of the lunar surface is.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Who cares about the stairs-like thing, you actually photographed a cloud! Where is the cloud from, in the first place? The Moon has no atmosphere.

HM, I'll S&F you just for the fact that you photographed a cloud where there shouldn't be one.

Maybe the cloud is something in Earth's atmosphere and it showed up in the Moon shot?
edit on 4-4-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Anyone can tell me how come there's a cloud in this shot? I been an astronomer for more than a decade but I've never seen that!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

All I did was enlarge it, leaving the original black/greys and the black rectangles poking up above the far horizon seem obvious. Seem more like doors than walls to me

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Uh...I didn't take the photo?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Anyone can tell me how come there's a cloud in this shot? I been an astronomer for more than a decade but I've never seen that!

I don't see a cloud, I do see grains, fibers, and fogginess on the photograph that was scanned. It's actually a much cleaner scan than what I used to get many years ago when I was just starting out in astrophotography and scanning film prints.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Those would be some MASSIVE stairs, and that wall would put the Great Wall of China to shame.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Hm. I use digital and it pixelates but it doesn't make that kind of clouds. Maybe I never saw these clouds simply because I stick with digital. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
reply to post by swan001

No kidding. Unless you're Frank Borman, Jim Lovell, or Bill Anders there's no way you took that photo since it's a photo from Apollo 8. Here's a cleaner scan of the photo (AS08-13-2244):
spaceflight.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSpeech

Those would be some MASSIVE stairs, and that wall would put the Great Wall of China to shame.

I think the stairs alone would put the Great Wall of China to shame. Well, the "stairs." So I'm pretty much reading into nothing? I was kind of expecting that anyways.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

reply to post by swan001

No kidding. Unless you're Frank Borman, Jim Lovell, or Bill Anders there's no way you took that photo since it's a photo from Apollo 8. Here's a cleaner scan of the photo (AS08-13-2244):
spaceflight.nasa.gov...

Thanks. That puts the thread to rest, since it was nothing more than a "dirty" scan.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by ngchunter

Hm. I use digital and it pixelates but it doesn't make that kind of clouds. Maybe I never saw these clouds simply because I stick with digital. Thanks!

It's a product of scanning a film print, I use to try to scan my film prints of the moon and this "cloud" is tame by comparison to the garbage I would get (even though you wouldn't see it on the photo itself). This was about 13 years ago though and the technology I had available to me at the time was much more primitive.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

reply to post by swan001

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

From Apollo, eh? That means the picture wasn't taken with a digital camera.

It's a product of scanning a film print, I use to try to scan my film prints of the moon and this "cloud" is tame by comparison to the garbage I would get (even though you wouldn't see it on the photo itself). This was about 13 years ago though and the technology I had available to me at the time was much more primitive.

Oh. I don't do any scanning. That explains it.

Thanks again!

edit on 4-4-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Thanks. That puts the thread to rest, since it was nothing more than a "dirty" scan.

The "stairs" were no doubt caused when astronauts tumbled down the stairs while holding unto the picture

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I love it when a thread like this, has a logical and friendly resolution.

Good job all.....

Des

edit on 4-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah skunk works

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I love it when a thread like this, has a logical and friendly resolution.

Good job all.....

Des

edit on 4-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

i love the fact that everything posted never comes to anything but we always keep coming back hoping that one of the posts ends up being true

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Was you talking about the blue object near the figure shadow

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

Not even close. Sounds like you're trolling. However, the thread has been solved. Ngchunter posted a link to a cleaner scan of the photo I posted. And those "stairs" and "walls" that I saw were gone.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
There are many interesting objects to view in the image.

I spent a couple of hours today enhancing certain parts of the image and found that the 'cloud' effect is obscuring a lot of surface detail. Personally, I do not think this is the true original but a modified version.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join