It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama claims Adam Lanza had a FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPON..............

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What so Obama doesn't keep up with the worst school shooting while he is president?

So he relies on staffers to tell him whats going on? If you are president you should give a damn about these things
I think he should analyze current events right now and see why these guns should be legal.
What if Korea does get to the united states soil. Then you have no guns to protect your selfs.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
What so Obama doesn't keep up with the worst school shooting while he is president?

So he relies on staffers to tell him whats going on? If you are president you should give a damn about these things
I think he should analyze current events right now and see why these guns should be legal.
What if Korea does get to the united states soil. Then you have no guns to protect your selfs.

I believe Truman was the last President that actually sat down with a stack of newspapers every morning and poured over them. Everyone since then has people that consolidate the important information, headlines, opinions and so on for the President which is wrapped up in a nice little briefing for him.

Bush didn't even have that. He waited for information until it required some sort of action on his part. He was, in his words, "A decision maker", whatever that means.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

As for his statements he said during the election, that is irrelevant. You should know that politicians say anything they have to in order to win and very often do not follow up with them.

Funny you should say that in spite of the fact that you often parrot talking points from a far left leaning viewpoint. If in fact it is true and you concede by your own admission that the current government, the one before it and the one after should just all be assumed liars and frauds, why do you have any opinion other than that of a return to law and too justice?

If what you just admitted from your own lips is true and you believe it then the American government is an obvious sham and no longer is for the people by the people. Shouldn't you then lend yourself to Constitutionalism to preserve the republic rather than defend the criminals currently in office?

Just asking......

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Slip of the tongue among familiars? Sometimes people get too comfortable and truth will slip out if someone is bent on making their emotional message as strong as possible.
As for the weapon being full auto I pondered that question in my first thread about Sandy Hook and given M.E. Carver's statements about each victim being shot a minimum of 3 times it suggested using select fire for 3 round bursts.
That said, police did recover not only a Saiga shotgun from the trunk of the black Honda but also an AR 15. So who did the shooting inside the school with an AR seems like an open question to me still.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

As for his statements he said during the election, that is irrelevant. You should know that politicians say anything they have to in order to win and very often do not follow up with them.

Funny you should say that in spite of the fact that you often parrot talking points from a far left leaning viewpoint. If in fact it is true and you concede by your own admission that the current government, the one before it and the one after should just all be assumed liars and frauds, why do you have any opinion other than that of a return to law and too justice?

If what you just admitted from your own lips is true and you believe it then the American government is an obvious sham and no longer is for the people by the people. Shouldn't you then lend yourself to Constitutionalism to preserve the republic rather than defend the criminals currently in office?

Just asking......

I am actually about as far right as you can get and still believe in a government. I do like to clarify points I am in contention with however, no matter which side I have to defend.

And yes, the government has gotten far out of control, though I do not see it as a result that many others on this site do. Governments, not a single one in the history of the planet, have ever run smoothly and without complications. Ours is no different. Does that mean its unrepairable?

Of course not but I will grant you that there are many many problems with it. Not sure what else to tell you.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Who knows what he really had?
None of us saw a thing.

It's your choice if you want to put faith in their allegations without seeing evidence...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree although when he said a fully automatic weapon was used was he really talking about the AR-15 OR the Saiga?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I am actually about as far right as you can get and still believe in a government. I do like to clarify points I am in contention with however, no matter which side I have to defend. And yes, the government has gotten far out of control, though I do not see it as a result that many others on this site do. Governments, not a single one in the history of the planet, have ever run smoothly and without complications. Ours is no different. Does that mean its unrepairable? Of course not but I will grant you that there are many many problems with it. Not sure what else to tell you.

Well, I will give you credit for being a complicated person because I would have guessed you liberal. That said, having conviction is a good quality and seeking knowledge and applying conviction is even better. Hopefully you see that these simple "slips" of the tongue as mentioned in the OP or the one Michelle Obama made on national television regarding kids with fully automatic weapons is not a simple mistake.

Everything that is shown, everything that is said is for a reason and the reason currently seems to be that more Americans will accept what they believe from the MSM than they will from any other source. CNN or FOX could run a story that is watched by their viewers no matter how wrong, warped or false and they will defend that information to the death if they can identify with it regardless of the amount of facts or information that prove it completely and totally wrong.

What the problem is for us and for much of the rest of the world is a problem of carefully planned and executed sedation, incentive to be docile and manipulation that only trillions of dollars will buy you. The average person, American or otherwise has almost no chance as long as their fed and have a roof over their head. I guess thats why so many people want the bottom to drop out, so others will wake the hell up to what is really happening every day.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Haha, you give our politicians far too much credit. If you think they are infalliable and have a meaning for everything they say then you have not dealt with the ones I have. Do you remember that video of Obama talking over the British national anthem when he was visiting the Queen?

I can post it if you want.

You really think that was intentional?

I wonder what his true meaning was?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by Helious

Haha, you give our politicians far too much credit. If you think they are infalliable and have a meaning for everything they say then you have not dealt with the ones I have. Do you remember that video of Obama talking over the British national anthem when he was visiting the Queen?

No, I don't give the politicians that much credit and you know why? Because politicians don't actually make any real decisions. The people that make decisions, decide policy and law are the ones that pay for the politician to be in office. Those people employ the lawyers that draft the incredibly complicated bills that are introduced into congress and the reason that most congressman can't even understand the bills before they have to vote on them.

And yes, I do think it was intentional and the reason why is because I can guarantee you that hundreds of thousands if not millions of people out there now think automatic weapons were used and have already invested in that argument, secondary reporting will not convince a large number of those people because so few of us actually apply critical thinking to every day politics, agenda pushing and strategic posturing.

The "true" meaning was to convince more people than not that automatic weapons and semi automatic weapons are bad. It's a simple message delivered in a simple form based on the knowledge that most people don't need anything other than the initial seed of information from a source to believe it is true.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by Helious

No, I don't give the politicians that much credit and you know why? Because politicians don't actually make any real decisions. The people that make decisions, decide policy and law are the ones that pay for the politician to be in office. Those people employ the lawyers that draft the incredibly complicated bills that are introduced into congress and the reason that most congressman can't even understand the bills before they have to vote on them.

And yes, I do think it was intentional and the reason why is because I can guarantee you that hundreds of thousands if not millions of people out there now think automatic weapons were used and have already invested in that argument, secondary reporting will not convince a large number of those people because so few of us actually apply critical thinking to every day politics, agenda pushing and strategic posturing.

The "true" meaning was to convince more people than not that automatic weapons and semi automatic weapons are bad. It's a simple message delivered in a simple form based on the knowledge that most people don't need anything other than the initial seed of information from a source to believe it is true.

Actually I bet if you ask 10 people on the street about this incident 9 of them won't remember the details let alone what type of gun was used.

Its already faded from front page news and has, for all intents and purposes, died out. Even the big rush for gun legislation doesn't have that much push behind it anymore. If this was a false flag to get gun control passed its safe to say that it was a complete and utter failure.

People nowadays have about a 5 day attention span for any given news item. If it doesn't stay in the headlines people are just to apathetic to really care. You still have some states writing up some legislation and Obama and the dems still talk about it once in awhile but the topic is fading quickly and being replaced with new concerns like North Korea.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012

I agree although when he said a fully automatic weapon was used was he really talking about the AR-15 OR the Saiga?

The Saiga only comes in semi-automatic so could have only been referring to the AR15.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

A friend of mine said it best when he heard that Connecticut passed some harsh gun laws. He said they are just telling the whole world to come rob them and rape their daughters. They've been pacified. The Democrats that voted for it are obviously the enemy. The Republicans that went along with the Democrats need to be taken out of office immediately.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It may come that way but it can be modified to fully automatic same as the the AR-15.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Here is an article in full support of the Conn police claiming Obama was mistaken.

www.guns.com...

The POTUS does not accidentally claim 4 months after a shooting that a fully automatic weapon was used. Any argument that claims he somehow made a simple mistake or this happens all the time is absurd. One of the most highly profile and politically manipulated shootings in history and Obama has an oops about an illegal fully automatic weapon being used? I doubt it........

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I believe the White House could use something from the ATS Membership. We all ought to pitch in for a giant banner size message to be strung up in the park across from the White House fence.

D E N Y * I G N O R A N C E !

It kinda has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Almost like I've heard it somewhere before........ Oh, it'll come to me.

They're sure not words heard often in the halls of power these days. A reminder would never hurt.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Samuel L. Jackson rendition of that quote is hilarious.

Caution there is certain adjectives and verbs that people may somehow in someway consider inappropriate.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

true story and i second that opinion as well. star!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join