It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pro-Gun Laws Passed Outnumber New Anti-Gun Laws Passed...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This, I'd say, is self explanatory.

Of course the liberal mainstream media doesn't mention the Pro-Gun state laws. If they do, the liberals try to play down the significances of Pro-Gun feelings in America....

As for all those anti-gun polls...well, do the math.................

Since the Sandy Hook school massacre, five states have passed laws that strengthen gun restrictions, while 10 states have passed laws that weaken them.

States have passed more laws since the Newtown, Conn., school massacre that weaken gun restrictions than laws strengthening them, according to a tally by an anti-gun-violence group. But the group says a simple bill count doesn't tell the whole story.

Lawmakers in numerous states have also proposed bills aimed at overriding any new federal gun-control legislation.

news.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I agree with this part

What I don't agree is is "pro guns laws "passed out number antigun laws

When it I can buy a suppressor as quick as a gun then i might believe it.

As it stands right now people can buy a gun quicker than a suppressor.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hmmmm.....you can buy a suppressor right along with your gun.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Unless you are living in one of the fewer states that passed anti-gun laws....instead of living in one of the more states who passed pro-gun laws.

You live in an anti-gun state, you can't do nothing.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

Hmmmm.....you can buy a suppressor right along with your gun.

No you can pay for one but have to wait 3 to 6 months after BATFE approval.

Thats every state as per federal laws.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Huh?

I mean, that's all I can say is Huh?

I guess I could ask what state you live in.....would New York be that state?

Cause New York is one of those fewer states where you can't go anything.
edit on 4-4-2013 by coltcall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Doesn't matter what state google suppressor wait times there is no one except LEO who can go in and take it home the same day.

Which tell me there are way more anti gun laws passed than pro.

edit on 4-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I don't think NEO is talking about the cosmetic flash supressors that adorn AR-15s.

He is right . . . a real suppressor (silencer) is a Title II (or NFA) item and all states must follow those regs.

I'm in Arizona and there are plenty to be bought, but you have to go through the waiting period and BAFTE rigamarole.

EDIT - NEO beat me to it anyway . . . carry on.
edit on 4/4/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

I understand.

You people aren't really gun people. So you don't know these things I'm talking about.

Ah, well.......

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Your assumption is wrong.

Can you buy them . . . yes. Are they restricted . . . yes.

That was NEO's point . . . there are already too many gun laws, as it is. When things like suppressors aren't regulated, then we can talk about more "pro-gun" laws than not.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Whatever you think you know...that's what you know.

I'm sure either some philosopher or psychiatrist said that before me.

Whenever it was first said, it still applied today: Whatever you think you know....that's what you know.

Actually, I think it was Don Vito Genovese who said that. Oh, well...............

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There's a new sheriff in town...

Well, the GOA has been around since the 70s. But like everything else with pro gun ownership, the Gun Owners of America is enjoying rising success.

Every vote in the senate counts a whole bunch against the Feinstein Sister's gun grabbing, Second Amendment killing legislation.

The GOA has turned the heads of a number of senators who might've caved into the Feinstein Sister's anti-Second Amendment threats without compromise.

Gun Owners of America: For when the NRA hasn't 'gone far enough'
news.msn.com...

Despite being dwarfed in size and war chest, GOA has become an influential voice as a series of gun-control measures heads to the Senate floor.

According to the Times, the group has succeeded in freezing some senators, particularly Republicans, who have appeared to be on the fence about supporting bills to expand background checks and increase penalties for illegal gun purchases.
Ron Paul, the libertarian congressman from Texas, has called the GOA "the only no-compromise gun lobby in America."

The GOA has frequently opposed the NRA in the latter's endorsements and ratings of politicians and candidates. It has also publicly criticized the NRA for what it sees as compromising on gun-rights issues. This week, for example, the group urged its members to write NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre to oppose a motion to bring gun-control legislation to a vote in the Senate.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
After the gun grabbing incidents following Hurricane Katrina, the Louisiana legislature moved to ensure that gun grabbing does not happen in Louisiana again.........

Six other states are following Louisiana's example.....

Louisiana law floods courts with pro-gun cases

NEW ORLEANS – Pro-gun advocates cheered the passing of a statewide amendment in November that strengthened gun rights in Louisiana to some of the highest in the nation, claiming it locked in privileges for years to come.

Republican state Rep. Chris Broadwater, who co-sponsored the bill that led to the amendment, said the bill's intent was not to change gun laws but to ensure gun rights for all Louisianans. Recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions that only narrowly favored gun rights and the way police confiscated firearms from residents in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 led lawmakers to pass the amendment, he said.

Starting last year, lawmakers in seven other states – Minnesota, Missouri, Alabama, Iowa, Illinois, Oklahoma and South Dakota – have introduced near-identical bills to apply "strict scrutiny" to pro gun laws

www.usatoday.com...

new topics

top topics

join