It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Avatars: What's the Story with Yours

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The one thing i've noticed, on ATS, while reading some of your threads and posts is the avatars you use to identify yourself. So, why did you choose the avatar you chose? What was your motivation behind your avatar design? And lastly, why do we use avatars any way?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's a wolf.

I like wolves.

That's it.

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

edit on 4-4-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Jellyfish' are perty.

And I like jelly and fish, though not together. That would be gross.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
hehe interesting thread...

I used to use this one for years, and it is more fitting for my forum name:

Seeing as my name is a different spelling for the ferryman of the underworld, and Rubens' painting Fall of the Damned was always one of my favorites, I used that for years.

As for my current one... well, with some of the material I've been reading on ATS over the past year, it just portrays my reaction better.

Khar

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's an avatar of the gorgeous city I live in, which happens to now have thee worst NHL hockey team. (for now)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I like monkeys.......especially winking monkeys

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have never seen the point of them, but to those who use one I enjoy the pretty pictures.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I was playing the character Sergey Marozov in this independant movie...I stumbled upon the pic today and decided to put it as my avatar.

edit on 4-4-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shhhhhh

My grandbaby loves kitties, especially ones that "do stuff". I change kitties every so often when she wants a different kitty. She loves it!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

"As for my current one... well, with some of the material I've been reading on ATS over the past year, it just portrays my reaction better."

That's a great response.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by shhhhhh

My grandbaby loves kitties, especially ones that "do stuff". I change kitties every so often when she wants a different kitty. She loves it!
That's a GREAT avatar.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Also if I may add here to the mix if you find the moving ones distracting like I do just hit your Esc key and it freezes them for that page only. You have to hit that key every page but I find it it worth it.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I wanna be like Lee Van Cleef!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shhhhhh

I just figured out how to change my avatar. The way I see it the aliens are on their way and when they get here they'll see my avatar and hopefully decide not to eat me. (Better safe than sorry.)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Also if I may add here to the mix if you find the moving ones distracting like I do just hit your Esc key and it freezes them for that page only. You have to hit that key every page but I find it it worth it.

Regards, Iwinder
That's a GREAT tip. Thanks for the advice.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I made mine from the movie Iron Monkey, he exposes the corrupt government, steals from the rich and gives it back to the poor.

edit on 4-4-2013 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Not much to say about mine. I play an open back banjo, like the one in my avatar. The one in my avatar belongs to a great banjo player called Pete Seeger. I like the words written in the head.....

"This machine surrounds hate and forces it to surrender"

I like that. I like that my banjo can make people smile.

CX.
edit on 4/4/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Got a link to some of your music played on your banjo?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
It's an avatar of the gorgeous city I live in, which happens to now have thee worst NHL hockey team. (for now)

And now you lost Iginla too

Edit: oh yeah. I changed my avatar recently. It's a splash page from Spider-Man's 50th issue titled "Spider-Man No More."

I just think it's pretty neat to see Peter Parker turning his back on his destiny, but we all know that's not how it works

edit on 4-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join