It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United World Alliance Against North Korea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is interesting. Russia has come out and told North Korea to shut up. China has also had enough. Instead of a world war that we are fear and dread it rather looks like it will be the world V North Korea, it seems to me the major super powers are now going to at the very least contain North Korea and if need be take out North Korea if one missile should fly.

So no boom boom today. Not over North Korea anyway. Boom Boom Tomorrow perhaps but not over North Korea anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Isn't this one of Nostradamus prophecies?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Dunno about predictions but who knows!
I just want peace and for everyone to live happily ever after. But I guess not.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Neither one of those countries wants a nuclear war, with the US and SK, going on in a country that they both share a border with. A little too close for comfort.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
This is interesting. Russia has come out and told North Korea to shut up. China has also had enough. Instead of a world war that we are fear and dread it rather looks like it will be the world V North Korea, it seems to me the major super powers are now going to at the very least contain North Korea and if need be take out North Korea if one missile should fly.

So no boom boom today. Not over North Korea anyway. Boom Boom Tomorrow perhaps but not over North Korea anyway.

We are to take your word for this ? No link's, just your statement ? China will back N.Korea to the hilt. This is a war by proxy on China . The only thing keeping a US military base of China's border is North Korea.That ain't going to happen. Would not like to be anywhere near a US military instillation in South Korea or Japan right now. These will be the first to go.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Neither one of those countries wants a nuclear war, with the US and SK, going on in a country that they both share a border with. A little too close for comfort.

Agreed, and any conflict of this nature ensures destruction around the world.

We all go to ashes or we all live there is no other option.
I myself think we are being led astray by the media and the people whom have other plans for us other than war.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

well i do not know where you have been but yes China is going to go against DPRK, US, China hold Mil Talks

General Pace Meets with Top Military Officers
Adjust font size: ZoomIn ZoomOut

Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, arrived in Beijing on Thursday for a four-day visit, a sure sign of improving ties between the two armies.

Coming at the invitation of Chief of the General Staff of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Liang Guanglie, Pace's visit is the first paid by a high-ranking US military officer to China this year.

"Your visit is one of the most important items of the China-US military exchanges this year," Liang told Pace Thursday afternoon following a welcoming ceremony.

"I agree with you that this visit is very important for the two countries. I truly believe the future promises great things for both China and the United States," Pace said, shortly before entering closed-door talks at the seat of the Central Military Commission (CMC), China's top military authority.

Pace added he and Liang should "help each other, understand each other and find ways to do good things for the future of the two countries."

Liang described overall China-US military ties as seeing "good momentum of stable development", citing the progress on high-level exchanges between military institutions. He further stated China's hope to see military exchanges with the US deepen at all levels.

He said China would like to further military exchanges with the United States at various levels.

Addressing the Taiwan issue, Liang also re-affirmed China's stance, saying that Taiwan is an inalienable part of the Chinese territory and that a close watch has been kept on the Taiwan secessionists' actions. For his part, Pace confirmed that the US government will adhere to the one-China policy and expressed his hope of seeing the Taiwan issue resolved peacefully. To this end, Liang reiterated that "we will make our utmost efforts to safeguard the stability of the Taiwan Strait and push for a peaceful unification of the motherland."

The Taiwan issue has remained an obstacle between the two countries with repeated arms sales from the US to Taiwan. In late February, the US Department of Defense announced that it plans to sell to Taiwan over 400 missiles worth of US$421 million. The proposed sale will include Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air missiles, Maverick missiles, as well as spare parts and maintenance equipment.

Later Thursday afternoon, Pace met separately with Guo Boxiong and Cao Gangchuan, both of them Vice-Chairmen of the CMC.

"The current momentum of China-US military ties is not easily attained and it must be treasured by both sides," Guo said, before briefing Pace on China's path of peaceful development and about its defense policy.

Cao, who is also China's Defense Minister, reiterated that China's defense policy is based on self-defense, and that China's defense spending remained moderate.

During his visit, Pace will hold a seminar with PLA Military Science Academy researchers on Friday, before visiting several of China's military areas and institutions, including those in Shenyang and Nanjing.
here is the link www.china.org.cn...
opps that's the 2007 one here is the current talks www.spacewar.com... form the link

US military chief to pay rare China visit
by Staff Writers
Washington (AFP) April 2, 2013

Top US military officer General Martin Dempsey will pay a rare visit to China this month as the Pacific powers discuss concern over tensions with North Korea, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel confirmed Dempsey's visit when he paid a congratulatory telephone call to China's new defense minister, General Chang Wanquan, Pentagon spokesman George Little said.

Hagel "said he looks forward to hearing the results of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Marty Dempsey's trip to China later this month," Little said in a statement.

Little said that Hagel also invited Chang to visit the United States later this year.

The telephone call comes as the United States shifts its military in Asia in a show of force aimed at deterring North Korea, which has defied even its ally China in recent months with actions including a nuclear test.

Hagel told Chang of the "growing threat to the US and our allies posed by North Korea's aggressive pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programs" and called for US-China cooperation, Little said.

The United States and China hold frequent talks but defense relations are less regular, with US policymakers perceiving the military as the most suspicious of the outside world among the power centers in Beijing.

China has frequently snapped off military contact with Washington to protest US military sales to Taiwan, which Beijing considers a territory awaiting reunification.

US law requires the administration to assist Taiwan, a self-governing democracy, in ensuring its self-defense.

Dempsey's predecessor, Admiral Mike Mullen, visited China in 2011 in what was the first trip by a US chairman of the joint chiefs of staff in four years
sometimes the search puts out more than you want it too

edit on 4-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

edit on 4-4-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

We are to take your word for this ? No link's, just your statement ? China will back N.Korea to the hilt. This is a war by proxy on China . The only thing keeping a US military base of China's border is North Korea.That ain't going to happen. Would not like to be anywhere near a US military instillation in South Korea or Japan right now. These will be the first to go.

Your about 50 years out of date. China's only interest in NK is keeping a massive starving mob from rushing its borders. In fact it would be more likely at this point for China to take actions against North Korea, to preserve its vital trade with the West, then it would be to take action to defend the North.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
United World Alliance Against North Korea

U WAANK!!!

that's funny..

Sorry OP, I had to go there...
edit on 4-4-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Where have I been ? I'll tell you, I went to OLD SCHOOL . I understand your interpretation of your cut and paste.
But here is mine. Beggar's cap in hand meeting , behind closed doors.Not very transperant ? As for that US - China military exchange ? Interprete that anyway you like,if it helps you sleep better. This meeting is nothing special , there is a four day sumit taking place this week. Many international heads of state will be attending.How ever the US is not attending and any official discussion on North Korea is off the table. Talk about alot of egg's in one basket. I'm just hoping Julia Gillard does not return.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Your about 50 years out of date. China's only interest in NK is keeping a massive starving mob from rushing its borders. In fact it would be more likely at this point for China to take actions against North Korea, to preserve its vital trade with the West, then it would be to take action to defend the North.

I agree with you about the starving mob........ China keeping a buffer around it's borders makes sense too. Taiwan and the U.S. have an agreement about coming to the aid and defense just like China has with N. Korea if my sources are correct?

China provided North Korea with arms and assistance, and the PLA and the Korean People's Army developed close ties because of their association in the Korean War. In 1961 China and North Korea signed a mutual defense agreement, and Chinese-North Korean military cooperation continued in the late 1980s.
search.yahoo.com...=A0oGdVNoDV5RA3wAoqdXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'E1ZXRwZWF0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNgRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDIwOF8yMTU-/SIG=1 3faiijfi/EXP=1365147112/**http%3a//www.photius.com/countries/china/economy/china_economy_foreign_military_coo~7417.html

One question we might ask ourselves could be "Would they honor the mutual defense pact"? I for one think they would have to due to their expansionist plans for S.E. Asia...Can't make agreements on that sort of stuff and turn tail when the going gets tough...Little country maybe but China and it's future plans I can't see them running away.

I still think the N. Koreans kept turning the volume up trying to make an easing of the sanctions and some assistance with food and money (as we always have done in the past) their main goal but it ain't gonna happen this go around. The underground nuke tests and the missile launch derailed that money train (for now anyway).

When the border got shut down with S. Korean workers trapped in the North (hostages?) that put a whole different slant on the volume knob. The S. Koreans will wait a bit but no way will they let their people be held hostage by the North.

Some of the best, hardest troops I have ever been around were the Koreans and they were from the South; educated and having many western values. Now take the North; hard cruel life. Raised since the cradle with marshal thoughts of war and the training that goes with it. I have little doubt they have some tough mean hand to hand, great shot fighters...think they have 125,000 special forces alone?? Fortunately for us those days of looking your enemy in the eye and going toe to toe are mostly over.

If the North makes an all out attack along the DMZ ( I still don't think it will happen) then those skills may come in handy for the first day or so until the U.S. gets it's act together, then, no contest.

Nukes will not be used from our side due to fallout and I am not just speaking of the mushroom cloudy type.

The biggest problem I see at this stage is some type of mistake by either side along the DMZ or their dear fearless leader making an even bigger miscalculation than he already has; just my opinion.

edit on 4-4-2013 by 727Sky because: korean

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

well the point is China will not come to the aid of Un unless we make the first move on him , we have to let China deal with him or when he decides to make attack or a missile launch aimed at Japan SK or the US, it does seem Un got the message. english.yonhapnews.co.kr... from the link

"Yes, there's a subtle shift in Chinese foreign policy...Over the short to medium term, that has the potential to affect the calculus in Northeast Asia," Kurt Campbell said at a forum hosted by the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies.

"You've seen it at the U.N. (Security Council). We've seen it in our private discussions and you see it in statements in Beijing," he added.
yes China has had it with little Un but that does not mean we can make a first strike.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'd say the most probable scenario right now is China making a move against NK to install their own stable puppet regime.

They do not like NK whatsoever, never have, its the territory they want to maintain some control over. China is at or near superpower status and they are not going to risk that by defending the North. China does not want economic sanctions placed against them for helping lil' kim so I would not be surprised if they simply storm in there, take out the leadership, and place their own man in charge.

Perhaps they will let the korean military run the show and give them full nuclear capability for their promised allegiance. Its an option I would definitely consider if I were in the Chinese leadership.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

He's correct your ridiculous and living in the past

One world govt coming right up dude

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

They do have treaty that says that says they would have to oppose with any necessary measures an attack by outside forces. It does not spell out or require a militart response and in this case North Korea will be attacking first so the treaty would not be activated anyway. And you are correct the South do have very hard and well trained troops. The North no doubt has some very hard troops but, while the South Korean troops are training the North Korean troops are working the fields and doing other things to keep the country from falling apart. The lack of training do fuel and parts shortages among their airforce will mean the North will quickly lose the air and trying to advance with allied air power ripping you apart would end any chance of a sucessful invasion. The question would be would an invasion of the North be worth it? How loyal would the Northern troops be under such pressure? In Iraq we saw an army that was willing to grind it out with Iran cut and run when faced with a truly modern power. Nobody will really know unless it happens I suppose.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

All valid points; myself, after reading some of the reports by people who escaped the prison camps I would like nothing better than to see the current situation resolved once and for all. No one should have to suffer as some of the people do...

With regards to missile tec, If this isn't settled soon with what the North has today, they will only improve over the next few years and then some of their threats may not be so hollow.

As many have said we shall wait and see where this B.S. leads.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

I absolutely and totally agree with this. What is in it for China to go in with NK - like it our not our economies depend on each other.

new topics

top topics

join