It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun at Boeing Field (4/2/13)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The other day, we had to deliver a load at a poultry place in Seattle. After that, we had to head to another place in Washington. The route to the second place took us right past Boeing Field (we ended up having to go by it three times, because we had to go back to the poultry place due to a mix up).

On our third time by, we managed to get a few pictures of some of the things out there. They were on a cell phone, taken while driving fairly slowly, while my other half was hanging out the window, so they aren't the best, but they came out pretty good.

First there was the 787 (one of the test articles). On one side was a 737 for Malaysia, on the other, it looked like a 767-300 (hard to drive in traffic and ID specific types and models), heading for Uzbekistan.

Then there were the museum aircraft. This picture has the tail of the Concorde, as well as 86970, a VC-137, that was one of the first three jets to fly the President.

This is a better shot of the Concorde, and if you look right behind it, you can see one of the first (if not the first) 747 test aircraft. To the left, under the museum sign, you can see their B-29, all cocooned.

The last one we were able to get that came out, is the 757 that was used as the F-22 avionics integration testbed. It was a standard 757, with an F-22 nose, and a sensor wing mounted on top of the fuselage. It was used to test avionics, EW, and other systems for the F-22 program. It has an F-22 cockpit installed inside.

We weren't able to get pictures (due to angles, trees, and traffic) of the Antonov AN-124 that was there on the cargo side of things, the probably dozen 737s waiting to be delivered, the P-8 Poseidon, or the Turkish Air Force 737 Wedgetail that were also on the ramp. All in all though, my inner avnerd was in heaven.
edit on 4/4/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I always loved seeing what was out on the tarmac at Boeing Field.

Here's a bit more on the 757 testbed for those interested, and a good shot of the nose/sensor-wing which is hard to make out on Z's picture if you're not sure what you're looking for.

www.boeing.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

We actually pulled over at one point and put the four ways on to take a look.
My AvNerd was going nuts trying to watch the traffic (medium traffic), see and identify who had planes out there, what types, etc. REALLY not easy to drive a 70 foot long truck, and plane spot at the same time. We're heading to Renton again on our next load, so hopefully they'll send us back by there to get a load or something and we can get more pics.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Oi you darn yanks what are you doing with our concord ? Haha always love your posts zaph lucky guy to live/work near some decent sites of interest I'm working on getting my driving license so I can travel around the UK and go 'snooping' at some locations

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Your Concorde........could it have been this....??

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm surprised to see a concorde at that facility....?? New smaller design perhaps..

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Good question PDUK the concord in Zaphs pic even has British airways tail paint .. Did Boeing have any involvement in the construction of concord ?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

It is Concorde G-BOAG at the Boeings Museum of Flight.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
When we drop this next load off, we're going to be right off the bottom of the field again. I'm going to try to go up past there to a truck stop and get some pics of the Wedgetail, and Poseidon if they're still there, as well as the ones waiting for delivery, as well as anything new that's up there. Hopefully by Tuesday I'll have more pics (we deliver Monday morning unless we get up there early).

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We're going to be heading back past Boeing Field tomorrow. It looked like they had two Dreamliners, a 747-8, two E-3Ds (couldn't tell who they belonged to), at least one Poseidon, and maybe a Wedgetail. Going to try to get pictures of all of them as we go by, and post them up here later tomorrow night.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
We got more of the military side this time. There were two E-3s, I believe at least one was Saudi, but we couldn't get a really good look at the flag on the tail. One Turkish Wedgetail that we got a couple shots of, one good one head on, at least one Indian Poseidon, and I believe on Navy Poseidon. A couple of the shots aren't that great because of trees, but considering that she was hanging out the window at 50 mph, with a cell phone they came out pretty good.

The first one is I believe the Lufthansa 747-8i that was turned over to Boeing for testing of upgrades.

edit on 9/17/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/17/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join