It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea May Launch Mid-range Missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

North Korea may launch mid-range missile South Korean Defense Minister Kim Kwan-jin says the North appears to have moved a medium-range ballistic missile to its east coast for a possible test launch.

Kim made the remarks on Thursday at a parliamentary committee meeting. A recent US intelligence image appears to show the missile being moved by train to a launch site on the coast.

Kim said that the missile is believed to have a considerable range. He added it could be for testing or drills.

South Korea apparently thinks the missile is a mid-range Musdan, unveiled at a North Korean military parade in 2010. The Musdan is estimated to have a range of 3,000-5,000 kilometers. Japan and the US Pacific island of Guam, home to US bases, are within its range.

South Korean officials say they cannot rule out the possibility that North Korea will fire the missile. They say they are closely monitoring the situation in close consultation with the United States and Japan.

Apr. 4, 2013 - Updated 11:44 UTC

Newsline

This may have been covered but not sure. Even so, I have one haunting question.....Are we missing A or The bigger picture? While we scramble with our missile defense systems, gather additional forces into one corner of the world, are we being set-up for a bigger fall?

Perhaps the Mid East, Russia or the borders? I have no idea, but something about this whole thing doesn't feel
right! Is this the real deal, or a great distraction?

Please, I'd like to hear your honest thoughts.....

Also, can some in the Military please comment on the Musdan Missile?

Thanks for your time,
Pax

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread : here

new topics

join