It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hackers attack North Korea news website, Flickr account and Twitter feed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Anonymous hackers attack North Korea news website, Flickr account and Twitter feed

www.news.com.au

ACTIVIST hackers appear to have infiltrated North Korea's official news website and its accompanying Twitter and Flickr feeds, posting unflattering images of leader Kim Jong-Un.
The China-based website of Uriminzokkiri, which distributes news and propaganda from the North's state media, was inaccessible and its companion feeds attacked and defaced.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4/4/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So, Im torn between 2 places. YEah its funny for them to hit NK and show them how far behind the technology curve they are.

But then, with how tnsions are, will this be the tipping point? Will Lil kim take this as an attack by the American government, use it propaganda and "justify" an attack?

Thoughts?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's a good point, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the hornets nest has been stirred enough without Anonymous giving it another good whack .

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Goog job Anonymous. "Hack" accounts to change profile pictures and make a "wanted" poster of Kim Jong Un...

When are they ACTUALLY gonna do something note worthy?

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My initial thought when I saw that article was how ill-timed their move was, too. Has the same kind of stamp as their activities in other countries with varying degrees of destabilization but seriously awkward (and perhaps idiotic?) timing overall. We have CNN with their article basically stating that the defense department is doing a little "whoops!! maybe we laid it on too thick" and yet, Anon does this...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
We better be ready for a serious attack back off the North Korean hackers with there superior technology..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I totally agree that this is such bad timing, as soon as I heard this I just thought oh no! Way to make him super mad anonymous! They should of sent him messages of peace and love.

But would it only be the government officials of nk who have seen this?
edit on 4-4-2013 by zippy101 because: didn't insert picture properly, wanted to add a question.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BalderAsir

Here's a list of a few other ways to antagonize and add fuel to the fire, stir the pot, play with hornets nest.

Have a seal team sneak into his palace and not do anything but sprinkle itching powder in his bed.

Take Dennis Rodman as a hostage.

Send him an e-m asking if his Pop ever referred to him as mini-me ?

Or maybe he does know his mothers name ?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well if the Government wanted to get themselves involved what better way than to stir the hornets nest using the guise of an leaderless and anonymous member group of hackers. That is what sucks about the Anons is that you never now if its official or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If the defacation of a website is the tipping point leading to war then Kimmy is even crazier and stupider than already believed possible.

No- this will not be the tipping point.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BalderAsir

I don't think you can blame it on 'Dated' technology. They may have some old stuff, But, I am pretty damn certain that they have used some of their budget on a decent computer.

Plus make note. . . . Anonymous has crippled some pretty sophisticated systems.

ESPECIALLY in countries with 'Superior' technology.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Seriously........................awesome.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
umm me thinks its a signal that hacking of other more important systems could easily be accomplished - say missile commands? beware of psych ops people they are going to liter the news. look deeper. think harder.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
N.K. website hacking prompts ‘pro-North’ witch hunt

This article says that Anonymous has posted information about people who frequented these North Korean sites, which has prompted others to hunt down these people as being “pro-Pyongyang”.

ETA:
I should clarify that I despise hacking and hackers and all attempts to disrupt the Internet for users who want to make the most of this wonderful extension of our world.

... just sharing this news article.
edit on 4/4/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ahahahahaha, awesome pic. Wonder if Little Jong - Un can live up to his Dad's rep and where on earth is Team America when you need them??

And Just to prove he is a chip of the old block, here are some amazing pics of the man himself in action....

www.news.com.au...
edit on 4-4-2013 by markosity1973 because: Added most awesome link

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
For all those who think you know something about Anonymous or might not know to much this is a good video to watch.

you tube video

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Without a doubt, Anonymous and Lulsec have had a substantial impact on the socio-political arena. If they weren't such a threat, they wouldn't be listed as a cyberterrorist group by our own government. Ddos'ing and defacement is only part of their game. They also loot files, passwords, and other sensitive data for often public release. It's just the "evidence" of their activity (defacement/overriding message utilizing the hacked website/account) that tends to get featured in the news as that is the visible face of what they are doing. I don't think I've seen one of their pastebins hit the news media though. So, I don't dismiss the impact that Anon has had globally. I just question the wisdom of playing with fire. I don't think that North Korea is the same as Egypt or Tunisia as it is a collectivist culture. It's kind of like the internet censorship in China. I was researching Google's interactions with the Chinese government in terms of internet freedom a while back and was stunned that the majority of Chinese tend to be the ones reporting sites for censorship and also this:

According to Robert Deng, an associate professor of new media at Fudan University, many Chinese view the search giant's [Google] decision to challenge the rule of law in China as inappropriate, even irrational behavior.

www.cnn.com...

Collectivism is a wholly different cultural beast than the individualistic culture that we live in. What we find disturbing, they may not because they do have that heavy collectivist nationalism that basically allows for it. Or, it could be Stockholm Syndrome like Isaac Mao suggests. You don't have that kind of culture in Egypt or Tunisia where Anon has stepped in before. What they did could actually be more inflammatory than liberating to the N. Korean people and not in an "oh look we have freedom" kind of inflammatory way. If Google's actions in China were considered to be of "bad form" by the majority of Chinese, how do you think N. Koreans felt about Anon's activities yesterday? Hooray for Anon or epic rudeness and an insult to their nation?

edit on 5/4/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yes they have had the big impact in the political arena, they just do it my way of the internet and in some cases they all showed up to protest. What I wanted to get across is that they do stand up for internet freedom and free speech. In the case of North Korea they are ruled by and almost god like individual. I don't know how they will feel about Anon doing what they do. But if it were my choice I would want them to at least know that there are other systems out there that do not get some one thrown in jail for whistling.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

That's a good question. What have you done that's noteworthy? Oh, nothing? Nothing even as noteworthy as hacking a foreign country's social networks? Interesting. Are you the black pot or the black kettle?

new topics

top topics

join