It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Babies Born Right After Fukushima Show Elevated Rate of Abnormalities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

American Babies Born Right After Fukushima Show Elevated Rate of Abnormalities

www.alternet.org

A new study suggests nuclear fallout from Fukushima caused a spike in congenital illnesses among infants in the United States.

The peer-reviewed research, published in the Open Journal of Pediatrics, found increased rates of congenital hypothyroidism (CH) in West Coast babies born within nine months of the Fukushima meltdowns beginning March 11, 2011. Newborns in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington showed up to 28 percent higher rates of CH than in 36 control states. If left untreated, congenital hypothyroidism can impede physical and mental development.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I did search - and didn't find this anywhere on ATS (though the new out-sourced search is less than helpful).

This is stunning news from a reliable source and they conclude that this could, "be a horrific beginning to the revelations" to the damage from the continuing 'fallout' from Fukushima.

They don't even address what the effects are in Japan herself.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yep, they leak this stuff out slow and very grudgingly.....(the scientists that published may find their carreers shortened....)
It was obvious to most that effects were minimalised and readings either eliminated or obscured....in the wake of the disaster.
This happened both in Japan, and here....
The real price of Fukishima will not even be known for a long long time....

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am not surprised by this at all and it was only a matter of time before these kind of effects started showing up.

With several cores in continuous meltdown and not contained, unless you count the ground they are sinking into and given the quake status of the area this isnt anything that can be relied upon, you have a timebomb of unknown potential ticking away.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I don't have the information in front of me right now but there was also a spike in infant mortality in the U.S. -- all the way to the East Coast. One of the articles I read cited information from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. At least that article stated that they couldn't be certain Fukushima was the root cause, but that was the point of the study. In real life I try really hard to act "normal" but I ran my kid in and out of the house really fast every time it rained. Poor kid wanted to catch raindrops on his tongue and I wasn't having it! Pennsylvania campers and hikers were advised not to drink rainwater as it was showing 3000% higher than normal radiation levels. That was the last real piece of warning information I saw (and I was looking).

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't usually have a conspiracy theorist mind, but this case made me think about something.

All the problems (as far as I know) that have been associated with the Fukushima disaster can also be triggered by chemicals, so could it be that the event was used to make some "tests" without public knowledge?

Anyway, here's the link to the study.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

Yes us too. With the rain and the snow you can't help being worried about it, especially with the initial lack of information and then the trickle confirming what we all suspected months and years later.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
www.nationofchange.org...

Indeed, I predict the first evidence of adults being affected in the US will be those in the flight industry.

It's almost like they paid us back with interest from WWII. ( paranoid delusion, do not take seriously.)
edit on 4-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Anyway, here's the link to the study.

Thank you for posting the link to the study, I didn't have time to track it down and/or read it. Now I will and others will have a chance to see the primary source and see if it's been transcribed accurately.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Maybe the Hillary Clinton of 75 years from now will apologize for it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
We've all known this and there were reports of infant mortality increasing too. Its raining on us daily, we need to detox regularly, and keep our spirits very very strong. For strong spirits dont give into the dark side.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just shows you how we cause the abnormal evolution of human kind....in the end our future generations will be looking like aliens....

IRONIC OR WHAT?!?!?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

i`m am truely surprised that there are any problems with the children, if you remember our great governments and power companies and the bankers that backed them along with our great scientific minds tolled the great virtues of nuclear energy as being CHEAP-WHAT A LIE , and SAFE , 3 mile island ,bikini atoll, hiroshima ,nagasaka and all the rest of their close calls and it is SAFE. so is WARFARIN- rat poison just ask our elderly heart patients what their meds are ,i guess the governments have a surplus of this product left so they are feeding it to them saying it is good for you ,so was thalidomide or so they said.and what about flouride same thing a toxic chemical byproduct so they feed it to the masses saying it is good for your teeth and all of those lying scientists hop on the band wagon just to get their grants again .all joking aside of the truth above .
where are all the ones that stayed back to try to stop and clean up this mess it seems they have all disappeared or is it DIED. there is a 20 mile radius DEAD ZONE AROUND THE JAPANESE PLANT, THE SAME AS THE ONE THAT MELTED DOWN IN RUSSIA some one is really trying to put a set of blinders on the masses or is it all hush hush so we the people are to believe ALL IS WELL, or so they proclaim.
1 last note about our NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS WORLDWIDE they are all built on FAULT LINES ---and this is safe ,

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's not really surprising. There has been a lot of controversy around whether or not they have been truthful about the amount of radiation released, and whether or not it is still being released, how much has leaked into the ocean, what levels are actually safe, etc. There are so many conflicting reports out there, that it is really hard to know for sure what the truth is.

Building such poorly designed reactors right near the coast, right in a very seismically active area, was idiotic to begin with. I mean, seriously, these are supposed to be experts!

The full implications, I'm afraid, won't be known for years. This could be only the beginning. Organisms, such as a fetus, that have a very fast rate of growth, will show the effects first.

I have thought that this is way bigger than its been portrayed from the beginning.. and, this makes me wonder what will happen if they don't get the situation under control before another large quake hits in close proximity to the already extremely damaged plant.

edit on 4-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by picratus

Atoms for Peace. Watch "The Atomic Cafe" sometime for a 'funny' look at the Atoms for Peace program. We ( as the US Scientific Community & Others) knew, hid the effects from Hiroshima/Nagasaki (see "Atomic Wounds") and have been justifing nuclear power and weaponry for decades. I can't stop asking myself, "Why?"

Nobody can ever be safe from this poison, no one. Does power and greed make one that stupid? It meets all the definitions of Insanity - and WE THE PEOPLE allow it.

In the name of Security? Whose?

In the name of 'clean' Energy? Oh Really.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Thats unfortunate especialy at a time when according to the latest everyone is iodine deficient, apparently they used to clean the milk vats out with an iodine solution the residue basicly iodised the milk, now they use a different procedure and hence iodine deficiency.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The source is highly dubious - the publishers - Bentham Science - use the "author pays" model - ie if you want to get published they will do it - if you pay them.

I can't find any info as to who does the peer review they claim.

Bealles list of predatory, open access publishers has this to say of them:

Among the first, large-scale gold OA publishers, Bentham Open continues to expand its fleet of journals, now numbering over 230. Bentham essentially operates as a scholarly vanity press.

Which is to say their authors are people who want to see their name in print and can't get it otherwise.

While the subject is obviously of some concern, the source is dubious at best.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
hiroshima versus detroit.

i don't see too many 4 headed people walking around in pictures from present day hiroshima.

is it all the nuclear hoopla a complete hoax? wouldn't surprise me!

www.big-lies.org...

edit on 5-4-2013 by OutonaLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb
hiroshima versus detroit.

i don't see too many 4 headed people walking around in pictures from present day hiroshima.

is it all the nuclear hoopla a complete hoax? wouldn't surprise me!

www.big-lies.org...

edit on 5-4-2013 by OutonaLimb because: (no reason given)

Are you SERIOUS?
A HOAX?
Nuclear Reactors leaking tonnes upon tonnes of radioactive sludge into an ocean is FAR FROM A HOAX. They have down played the seriousness of this and make sure that the mass media doesn't let any information slip out.. Because once people realize that years down the road we won't be able to reproduce, eat food, farm, or drink water people are going to see that something very very sinister has happened and we weren't warned.

How can you even think that this is a hoax? What would be the point of hoaxing such thing? Are you brain-dead?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

You need to know the facts before downplaying a serious situation.

the reason the nuclear bombs did not cause many mutations is because the radiation from the bombs has a very short half life, and it IS NOT THE SAME RADIATION that is being released by JAPAN'S destroyed reactors.

The radiation seeping out of the reactors is much worse, this is important for You to Know...

"is this a hoax" , sad, just sad how uniformed mainstream is on this, its very upsetting.
edit on 5-4-2013 by concernedUScitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join