It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened tonfree speech?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
my question is, has anyone tried a tweet insulting conservative, like Limbaugh or O'Reilly? if that gets squashed we know they are equal opportunity speech-limiters.. if not we'll know the Tweetverse is partisan.
if they are partisan they are shooting themselves in the foot as they will eventually short themselves of many many customers.

I think the chances are probably very high someone somewhere has tweeting something insulting about Limbaugh or O'Reilly. :

It may boil down to content and how you say it.

Like saying " I don't like whoever because I think his ideas are bad for the country" - that is probably ok.

A profanity filed rant against whoever filled with insults or threats will likely not be ok.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Free Speech in an absolute sense has never applied to private property. If movie theater ejects a patron who will not stop talking during the film - is that infringement?

If I kick a guest out because he won't stop discussing sex or violence in front of my kids - is that infringement?

People have always had the right to dictate behavior on their property in this regard.

While you are absolutely correct, in that individual rights do not aply on PRIVATE property. Sites like Twitter, FaceBook, ATS, or any other "property" that opens itself to the public, can no longer be considered "Private", and must be thought of as "public". This re-instaniates my rights!

Kicking a person out of your home for using inappropriate language, is not the same as someone stating their opinion in a public forum, nor is it the same as some uttering random phonemes in a public place. We all have the absolute right to our opinion, and the stating of it in a public forum. We also have the right to utter abject nonsense in public.

In short; you logic can only apply to "private property".

new topics

<< 1   >>

join