It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NeuroSleep = Sleep in a bottle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
NeuroSleep

NeuroSleep is a product that I decided to try on a whim yesterday. I am a skeptic when it comes to certain products and the claims that they make but the packaging looked sleek and I had a few bucks to spare. So the marketing worked, I snagged a bottle on my out of the convenience store. I didn't bother gulping down the drink right away as I had just left work and had a few other things on my mind, if it actually worked then I'd miss out on some valuable time to accomplish other things. So this mystery liquid sat in the house untouched for several days, that was until last night.

I should have done some research before drinking this stuff, I didn't even drink a third of the bottle and I felt drowsy, it didn't take me long to crash at all. I slept really hard, through two different alarms and was still drowsy well into the early afternoon today. So then I do what I should have done, some research. It appears that this stuff is legit, however after reading some reviews I noticed that some people stated that it gave them horrible nightmares. I totally missed that side effect, however I'm going to tinker with it a little more and see what comes of it.

If anyone else has tried this stuff or has some additional input I'd really like to hear what your experience was like. They have several other variants as well, I'm going to try the Bliss one next.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It works because it has melatonin in it(magnesium too but that's not as much of a factor). Melatonin is the chemical that is secreted naturally when the sun goes down. It'd be a lot cheaper to just buy melatonin from the drug store...you can get ~300 5mg tablets for ~$8. Take 3-5mg about an hour before bed.

Melatonin i/ˌmɛləˈtoʊnɪn/, also known chemically as N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine,[1] is a naturally occurring compound found in animals, plants, and microbes.[2][3] In animals, circulating levels of the hormone melatonin vary in a daily cycle, thereby allowing the entrainment of the circadian rhythms of several biological functions.[4]

In mammals, melatonin is biosynthesized in four enzymatic steps from the essential dietary amino acid tryptophan, with serotonin produced at the second step. Melatonin is secreted into the blood by the pineal gland in the brain. Known as the "hormone of darkness," it is secreted in darkness in both day-active (diurnal) and night-active (nocturnal) animals.[20] It may also be produced by a variety of peripheral cells such as bone marrow cells,[21][22] lymphocytes, and epithelial cells. Usually, the melatonin concentration in these cells is much higher than that found in the blood, but it does not seem to be regulated by the photoperiod.

Melatonin
edit on 4-4-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

While looking at reviews for the product a number of posters have noted that it seems to work better than straight melatonin, which makes me wonder what else is in there that would have this effect for them.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It has taurine, 5htp, theanine, magnesium, etc in it.

Decent combo of nutrients, but you have to be careful with melatonin because a little spoken of side effect is chronic diarrhea with some consumers. The chronic diarrhea can last for months after you stop taking it. It should also not be used by people with autoimmune disorders.

5htp-also has a list of side effects, can't take it if you are on SSRIs (antidepressants).

The supplement is in a liquid form, so that limits or restricts the form of magnesium they use. I didn't see the form of magnesium identified, but most liquid mg tastes like crap. These forms are also the ones that are better for reducing blood pressure as opposed to muscle relaxation.

I would like the supplement better if it were in a capsule. I can see the potential for these ingredients to be unstable in liquid form.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

L-Theanine, 5HTP, and melatonin work synergistically with each other.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Trévo works better. Try it!

Check on the link in my signature below

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It might be uncomfortable sleeping in a bottle

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Tried it a couple weeks ago after realizing I'd forgotten to pack my "calm" magnesium supplement. Slept like a baby and awoke refreshed and ready to go. Good stuff! ~

top topics

join