It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Meaning of Life": Share Your Version

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm just curious, as to what you think: the "meaning of life" is? Isn't that the one question that eludes us? Isn't that the missing piece, to the puzzle? We spend our whole lives, searching for the reason to our existence. Why were we born? Were we born just to go through the motions of life, working a 9-5; while spending our free time: stuck in traffic; relaxing, by watching television that pollutes the mind; and sleeping? Is that all there is? Is that "living life"? Is living life: driving to work, in a brand new car, that you can't afford, leaving it at the parking garage, for 8 or more hours; only to drive 3 mph in bumper to bumper traffic, for another 1-2 hours? Is living life: paying a mortgage, on another item you can't afford; leaving it vacant, until you get back from work? Is living life: paying for services that you only use occasionally because you're stuck in traffic, and stuck in a cubicle, 14 hours a day? Is living life: working in a closed environment, rarely getting the chance to see the sun shine because you're too busy "working"? Is living life: buying fast food because you don't have enough time in the day to cook a quality meal, filled with proper nutrition? Is living life: having a credit card, with a credit limit of $5,000 dollars, charging you 21% interest, every time you use it? Are you really "living life"?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
everyone will spend their whole life trying to figure out the meaning of life, to only find that at the end, there's really no meeting at all. Its not sad, that doesn't make life tragic, it makes life more special because there is no destiny and there is no purpose. And life truly becomes what you make of it.
edit on 4/4/2013 by TheSparrowSings because: because talk to text on my phone is stupid sometimes

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm going to be blunt. Its passing of our genes.

Along with our experience and the survivability of the product.

Rest is a temporary euphoria. Self made purpose, and not the intended purpose, which we will never know.

edit on 4/4/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shhhhhh

i think there is no meaning, no purpose, just options, for example death,,
i believe that your mind can stay intact after death, if you pursue it,
or just go, and melt with other energy to be re-assigned,

but i think the thing that makes us tick, needs to experience reality, in all of its aspects,
energy, organisms, and matter.,,

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The advert said...

the experience of a lifetime. To exsist in the physical realm, to expeirience it's realness and marvel at its beauty, to be a part of something grand and magnificent, to see what the inside feels and looks like from within looking out.

But in the small print in the contract it said...

You must work yo ass off for most of your life, To exsist in the physical realm you must work, you can expeirience it's realness and marvel at its beauty after you been to work, and be a part of something grand and magnificent, maybe you could work for a corporation! while your working you can see what the inside feels and looks like from within looking out....

Needles to say I signed and, I love it. Could the meaning be love?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shhhhhh

What is the meaning of life?

The meaning of life has always been in plain sight. It's just that we do not understand that within it's simplicity is the key to ultimate understanding.

We begin our eternal life as conscious living beings obtaining a physical body, are nurtured within a family, have our own family, interact with others, experience life and death, joy and pain, happiness and sorrow, truth and lies, the just and the unjust, to grow in knowledge, understanding, wisdom to experience all things common to mankind and to be good stewards over the earth. We have been given the ability to choose the spiritual over temporal, good over evil, morality not immorality, wisdom not ignorance, peace not war, kindness not cruelty, love not hate and we are accountable for our choices. We are to live our lives understanding that our choices shape and define our eternal destiny.

It is Gods purpose that we become aware of our relationship to Him, our individual consciousness and our interrelationship with others all of which is the reason for our existence. It is through mortal life and death that we obtain the ability to truly comprehend the meaning of eternal life.

It is Gods desire that we progress in gaining knowledge, understanding, wisdom and to grow spiritually. Consider how we now live with the fundamentals that have been given us. If we say we are not yet living that which has been given should we expect greater enlightenment? Or is it more correct to ask: Given our fallen nature would we not do ourselves (and others) more harm physically and spiritually? Let us earnestly live the truths we now have until such time as Gods Spirit reveals to us those things which we are proven ready to receive.

WE are here because God loves us and for our eternal benefit.
I have written about this and other questions for my family at: (knowforyourself.squarespace.com)

Hope this provides you with some food for thought. Danle

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
THE ANSWER IS,........FOURTY TWO!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by shhhhhh

Life has no meaning. It has no rhyme nor reason. There is no point behind this menial existence. Nothing matters. NOTHING!

I might have said that life is just a big waste of time, but that would be inaccurate since time is also completely meaningless, and doesn't actually exist.

Everyone has their own personal unique story, but that inevitable final conclusion is the exact same for all. There's no way around it. I sort of view it as being somewhat similar to 'Movie Spoilers'. Once you know the ending, the story becomes far less enjoyable. There will be no sequel.

Personally, I've always been a pessimist, but at some point in time, I think that may have spilled over into being more of a cynic. I know that many strongly disagree with what I'm saying. To those people, I simply say "Congratulations. You're much better off that way."

Originally posted by shhhhhh

Are you really "living life"?
No.

edit on 4/4/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Danle

Why are we here?

The meaning of life has always been in plain sight. It's just that we do not understand that within it's simplicity is the key to ultimate understanding. We begin our eternal life as conscious living beings obtaining a physical body, are nurtured within a family, have our own family, interact with others, experience life and death, joy and pain, happiness and sorrow, truth and lies, the just and the unjust, to grow in knowledge, understanding, wisdom to experience all things common to mankind and to be good stewards over the earth. We have been given the ability to choose the spiritual over temporal, good over evil, morality not immorality, wisdom not ignorance, peace not war, kindness not cruelty, love not hate and we are accountable for our choices. We are to live our lives understanding that our choices shape and define our eternal destiny.

It is Gods purpose that we become aware of our relationship to Him, our individual consciousness and our interrelationship with others all of which is the reason for our existence. It is through mortal life and death that we obtain the ability to truly comprehend the meaning of eternal life.

It is Gods desire that we progress in gaining knowledge, understanding, wisdom and to grow spiritually. Consider how we now live with the fundamentals that have been given us. If we say we are not yet living that which has been given should we expect greater enlightenment? Or is it more correct to ask: Given our fallen nature would we not do ourselves (and others) more harm physically and spiritually? Let us earnestly live the truths we now have until such time as Gods Spirit reveals to us those things which we are proven ready to receive.

WE are here because God loves us and for our eternal benefit.

I have written more about this to my family at: (knowforyourself.squarespace.com
Hope this provides some food for thought. Danle

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Danle

[color=B8CFE3]In my own personal opinion, I believe that is the entire reason behind the initial creation of religion. I think that religion was invented in order to trick people into believing that life has some sort of meaning.

P.S.

Originally posted by Danle

I have written more about this to my family at: (knowforyourself.squarespace.com
Hope this provides some food for thought. Danle
What exactly is it that you are soliciting here↑?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am existing, I am not alive. I am trapped in an artificial prison of society.

Being "alive" is the meaning of life, sharing and nurturing nature, caring for fellow humans, living in and spreading happiness, caring for the varied animal species and being able to enjoy the natural beauty all around us.. trees, lakes, rivers, mountains, a thunder storm etc etc...

For me that is the meaning of life.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Mister_Bit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm just curious, as to what you think: the "meaning of life" is? Isn't that the one question that eludes us? Isn't that the missing piece, to the puzzle? We spend our whole lives, searching for the reason to our existence. Why were we born? Were we born just to go through the motions of life, working a 9-5

After studying NDE's and supernatural encounters for many years I began to see a pattern emerge.

This convinced me that all of us have a specific purpose and NONE of us is here by accident.

Connecting with that purpose should be every ones goal in life.

We all have scroll prepared by God before we were conceived in our mother’s womb. It’s important we discover what is written on it so we can walk in it and fulfill our Testimony; for it is on this that we will be judged and rewarded. At the end of this life Jesus will compare what we have done with what we should have done with our lives. We have a lifetime to discover what is on our scroll and work it out and achieve it.

Your Scroll and Testimony \\\\\\\\ The Testimony of Your Scroll MP3

You ought to read the book of Ecclesiastes. It is in the Bible. I don't know your belief system, but don't let that deter you. It is considered by some the most perfect writing on "the meaning of life". I think at the very least you will find it interesting. Where are we now?

My children, certainly, would be gravely harmed by my suicide. I was given a glimpse of their future, not the events of their lives but rather energy, and the character that their lives would have. By abandoning my earthly responsibilities, I would influence my children, my oldest son in particular, to make choices that would lead him away from his divine purpose. Before Alex was born, I was told, he had agreed to perform specific tasks during his life on earth. His duty was not revealed to me, but I felt the energy that his life would have up until his young adult years.

I was told that my children were great and powerful spirits and that up to this point in my life, I had not deserved them. I caught a glimpse of how deeply God loves my boys, and how, with my callous disregard for their welfare, I was tampering with the sacred will of God.

Angie Fenimores Suicide NDE

"Ian explains how each person receives their scroll out of heaven at the time of conception."

The Testimony of Your Scroll

When we are walking on the path that God has prepared for us, when we are walking in our destiny, then we know God is with us. And we need to know what is our destiny, what is written on our scroll: and if we do not know, then we can ask God to show us.

Understanding The Times

God is Love. That is His very nature. It was what caused Him to create the universe and to create every one of us. And Love wants the best; God wants the best for us, for each of us. He knows what the best is for each of us, that best is already written on a scroll, if you read Psalm 139 it says that He knew you before you were even born. Already on that scroll in heaven your whole life is set out, His will for your life, and He wants to reveal it to you. He wants you to know the best. Truth

God wants to reveal all that you need for your life and destiny. God wants to disclose what is to come for us as individuals, for our life, for our destiny in God; he wants to reveal the things he has already prepared for us before the foundation of the world. As that scripture tells us, the Holy Spirit came to reveal to us those things that are to come.

Now the choice is, are you listening to Him? Have you seen your future destiny? If you have seen it, you can have it, that’s how it works. In fact you have to see it in order to have it, and you cannot have it unless you have seen it. ‘Faith is the substance of things hoped for’, that is to say, the things you have seen in the spirit. In the realm of the spirit, God wants to show all of us the things that are our destiny. He wants to show us what was written on our scroll in heaven before we were even thought of in a worldly sense.

Heavenly Visions

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
[color=B8CFE3]In my own personal opinion, I believe that is the entire reason behind the initial creation of religion. I think that religion was invented in order to trick people into believing that life has some sort of meaning.

You ARE absolutely correct about religion, it was invented in order to trick people.

Religion is a LIE created by the father of ALL lies.

The post you replied to was referring to GOD who happens to ALSO hate Religion.

You and that poster are talking about two ENTIRELY different things.

God and Religion are ENEMIES.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think life is God playing hide-and-seek with himself. I think it's God playing Hokey-Pokey with time and space. That's what it's all about.

Lila (Sanskrit: लीला, IAST līlā), or Leela is a concept within Hinduism literally meaning "pastime", "sport" or "play". It is common to both non-dualistic and dualistic philosophical schools, but has a markedly different significance in each. Within non-dualism, Lila is a way of describing all reality, including the cosmos, as the outcome of creative play by the divine absolute (Brahman).

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There is meaning in life. The fact that we—living beings, life's supreme creation, life's only ticket off this rock—speak, think, create and act in meaning as our fundamental language, shows that at the very least, meaning is a byproduct of mankind and therefore of life. There is such a thing as meaning.

But although meaning exists, it is an invention not a natural law; and it's found nowhere else but in the minds of men. The only way we could find a purpose to life is to see its end result, what becomes of life when it finally ends. This is, of course, impossible, but at the moment, life exudes the qualities of a virus, something that destroys itself and takes as much as it can with it.

Everything else can only be its own purpose.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So, in other words, most of you believe we're here taking up space, waiting for our "death call"? Then, why do we bother trying to collect material things? Why do we give a damn, about anything?

I believe that life has meaning, and that meaning is to do what's in your heart to do. Whatever it is that you were born to do and love to do, that only you can accomplish. I believe, we're here to contribute something to the planet and people around us. I also believe that whatever we do, here on earth, will be replicated in heaven, but the work will be finished to perfection. What if earth is a field and your life is the seed; which will yield it's fruit, in eternity. If life had no meaning, then why should we care who starves to death? Why should we care about murderers and rapists? Why should we care about that mother with an "unwanted" baby? Why should we care if the "elite" steal everything away from, us via lies, deception, or even genocide? Doesn't it seem a little unfair, that some people actually try to live a "decent" life and not get rewarded, according to their decency; while those that steal, kill and destroy reap all the benefits, of living a "good life"?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shhhhhh

We are here to Experience a Physical Life in which we Develope Soul Growth in order to then procede to the Next Level of Godhead . Through our Creators Creation , we eventually become Creators Ourselves.....

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Murgatroid

You and that poster are talking about two ENTIRELY different things.
Only within your misinterpretation, but not from my perspective.

When I said 'religion', I was referring to god also.

Regardless, I'm still slightly curious about this↓.

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Religion is a LIE created by the father of ALL lies.
Who is "the father of ALL lies"?
Is it satan?

If the answer is 'Yes', then: Who created satan?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I think "religion" has been a way to distract us from the truth, of who we really are. It's just another way to control the masses and keep them asleep with a feel good story, while completely ignoring it's teachings. If you spend enough time STUDYING the Bible, you'll come to find out, there's not much "religion" to it. Man has made it a religion, knowing people AREN'T going to "study" it. It's a big book. Not something slaves are into. Dr Seuss is much more entertaining.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shhhhhh

If you spend enough time STUDYING the Bible, you'll come to find out, there's not much "religion" to it. Man has made it a religion.......

The bible was written by man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join