It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find treatment to kill every kind of cancer tumor!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I searched and could not find this posted so apologies if its already been reported on. If i hadn't seen it reported on a few different websites i wouldn't have even paid any attention.

Researchers might have found the Holy Grail in the war against cancer, a miracle drug that has killed every kind of cancer tumor it has come in contact with, the New York Post reported.

The drug works by blocking a protein called CD47 that is essentially a "do not eat" signal to the body's immune system, according to Science magazine.

This protein is produced in healthy blood cells, but researchers at Stanford University found that cancer cells produced an inordinate amount of the protein thus tricking the immune system into not destroying the harmful cells.

With this observation in mind, the researchers built an antibody that blocked cancer's CD47 so that the body's immune system attacked the dangerous cells.

Source

"What we've shown is that CD47 isn't just important on leukemias and lymphomas," says Weissman. "It's on every single human primary tumor that we tested." Moreover, Weissman's lab found that cancer cells always had higher levels of CD47 than did healthy cells. How much CD47 a tumor made could predict the survival odds of a patient.

To determine whether blocking CD47 was beneficial, the scientists exposed tumor cells to macrophages, a type of immune cell, and anti-CD47 molecules in petri dishes. Without the drug, the macrophages ignored the cancerous cells. But when the anti-CD47 was present, the macrophages engulfed and destroyed cancer cells from all tumor types.

What Wiki says about CD47 :

CD47 is a membrane protein, which is involved in the increase in intracellular calcium concentration that occurs upon cell adhesion to extracellular matrix. The protein is also a receptor for the C-terminal cell binding domain of thrombospondin, and it may play a role in membrane transport and signal transduction. This protein has broad tissue distribution, and is reduced in expression on Rh erythrocytes.

Four alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been found for this gene.[1] Isoform 2 and 4 are the most abundant. Other than thrombospondin, CD47 also binds CD172a. CD47 deficient mice have been generated. Their reported phenotype is a defect in cellular migration of the CD172a expressing cells, suggesting that CD47 to CD172a interactions are necessary for the proper distribution of these cell types.

Source Wiki

My father is battling cancer at the moment so i fully appreciate the implications of such a discovery. Im sure there's many people here who have loved ones affected by this terrible disease.

If this is true then this is incredible news, it seems Weissman's group recently received a $20 million dollar grant to move their research from mouse to human safety testing. Finally there seems to be some light at the end of this long dark tunnel. This news came out about a week ago and i don't think its getting the attention is deserves

New York Post : One drug to rule them all: Researchers find treatment that kills every kind of cancer tumor

edit on 4-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wow! Great news! I wonder if it would help against auto-immune diseases also, just reverse the procedure?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hopefully it pans out, they should be throwing a hundred million at it. maybe speed things up a bit!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Hi op excellent news.
How long will it be before it has a mind of its own and start attacking other cells.

You know as well as i that these claims come to fruit several times a year, when most of us know the cancer killer...
Bicarbonate of Soda

ETA: my dad died a horrible death of stomach cancer 10 yrs ago, I do understand op.

edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Interesting find--hopefully the CD47 protein won't mutate in a way that prevents it from being recognized by the antibodies, yet still retain immunity. Either way, this is an astounding breakthrough, and I can't wait to see the range and extent of the drug. I do have one concern about the antibody: what prevents the CD47 antibody from recognizing the CD47 protein markers on healthy cells other than by mere difference in ratio of CD47s in cancer cells to healthy cells? Would this antibody induce the immune system to attack healthy cells after the cancer cells with CD47 are gone? Anyway, great post.

edit on 4-4-2013 by ForwardDrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

i know of a cure that i have used and works everytime. if you want the cure msg me

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yet another in an extremely long line of cures, free energy devices, etc that will change the world and yet are swept under the rug and never heard from again.

Isn't it interesting how everyone one of these stories, there is zero follow-up. This miracle treatment will never be developed, and months and even years from now the very people excited about it today (including yourself) will not ask anyone else "hey what happened to that miracle cure"? Very soon you won't care, or you will be distracted by the next big thing which will also never come to fruition.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
Yet another in an extremely long line of cures, free energy devices, etc that will change the world and yet are swept under the rug and never heard from again.

Isn't it interesting how everyone one of these stories, there is zero follow-up. This miracle treatment will never be developed, and months and even years from now the very people excited about it today (including yourself) will not ask anyone else "hey what happened to that miracle cure"? Very soon you won't care, or you will be distracted by the next big thing which will also never come to fruition.

Hya
I very much agree though..
Prevention is better than the cure

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Consider this scientist dead within a few weeks ---- probably in a weird jogging accident or reports that he died in his sleep... you know... died of natural causes!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Good point, that's usually because people have a an inherently incorrect view of what "technological solutions" actually refers to. In fact, I would argue that technology isn't so much a solution to problems as it is a response or reaction to a problem. As such, it will usually a result in another problem, as opposed to a final solution. Hence, why people never really seem to ask any follow-up question, because they assume the problem has been solved without really thinking further. In this particular case, nobody other than perhaps myself or you asked what the side effects maybe with this new drug. I think it really isn't a folly of technology, more a folly of perception about what technology really is and what it really does (and is capable of doing and not doing). Doesn't mean the tech (biotech, in this case) isn't worth pursuing, however.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

Hya

Generally true, but not everything can be prevented--In this particular case, not every cancer can be attributed to poor/unhealthy lifestyle. My mother had kidney cancer and lived an extremely healthy life-style. So some technological responses are engendered out of the need to respond to things that aren't always predictable and preventable.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ForwardDrift

I agree, it was Bill Hicks who said that non-smokers die every day. I watched a video of a guy who grew up knowing his family was pre-disposed to cancer and he did everything he ever could to be super healthy and it still got him.

But at the same time the risk of cancer is why i quit smoking a few years ago.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just want to say that I wish your Dad all the best. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. I have battled cancer myself.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

This is pretty awesome. No one in my family has ever died from cancer, but we have had some issues with auto-immune disorders

Maybe some of this research will help with Auto-immune disorders like lupus or C.r.e.s.t. syndrome someday.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Just proves that there is hope in the world. This also gives us a hint of other great things to come. The youth elixer of life, stopping the body from ageing and they are not far off either .

Such a great post amongst all the doom sayers.

Im sure this post will make a lot of people feel better

edit on 4-4-2013 by STARTRUTH49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForwardDrift

Hya

Generally true, but not everything can be prevented--In this particular case, not every cancer can be attributed to poor/unhealthy lifestyle. My mother had kidney cancer and lived an extremely healthy life-style. So some technological responses are engendered out of the need to respond to things that aren't always predictable and preventable.

If i had a penny...so much have i wanted to scream...Your lifestyle doesnt mean anything
If that cancer guy wants to get you he will..
Look at Roy Castle (record breakers)
He never smoked and drank very little but he sucumbed to that horrible illness.

What I mean is...that bastardo cancer person strikes whether you have a crappy lifestyle or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Never get approved here in America. It would collapse our economy.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Just want to say that I wish your Dad all the best. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. I have battled cancer myself.

Thanks for your kind words Night Star, i think one of the hardest things about this disease is that it seems to get people even if they otherwise seem pretty healthy.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Hi op excellent news.
How long will it be before it has a mind of its own and start attacking other cells.

You know as well as i that these claims come to fruit several times a year, when most of us know the cancer killer...
Bicarbonate of Soda

ETA: my dad died a horrible death of stomach cancer 10 yrs ago, I do understand op.

edit on 2012/06/12 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

Can you possibly explain the physiology and/or biochemistry behind your claim that bicarb "kills" cancer.
It's just that it seems very different to what I understand about the human body and its biochemistry/physiology.

Here's my knowledge...

Baking soda is good for a few things, one remedy it used to be used for widely was to relieve heartburn. It does this as it neutralises stomach acid-hydrochloric acid (HCl). However in doing this it also neutralises itself. Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) so the chemical reaction goes like this
NaHCO3 + HCL = NaCL + H2O + CO2 i.e. the baking soda plus acid is converted into common salt (NaCl), water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2 which is why a lot of people burp after ingesting it).
There is no sodium bicarbonate left to be absorbed into the body. The stomach acts as a buffer to prevent this and help maintain your body's extremely stable pH levels (urine pH levels vary quite a bit but since it is waste, it has no bearing on the actual tissue pH).
Now you can alter your body's pH directly with a base but you have to inject it intravenously. I really wouldn't recommend this at all though as you can kill yourself very easily. This procedure needs to be constantly monitored by professionals and is generally only used in life or death situations.

So please tell me where my knowledge is incorrect and what bit of the bicarb miracle cure I'm not getting please?

Oh, to the poster who wants people to message him for his "cure" any chance you could message it to me please?
edit on 4/4/13 by Pardon? because: spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth
Consider this scientist dead within a few weeks ---- probably in a weird jogging accident or reports that he died in his sleep... you know... died of natural causes!

You're right, this will never get to see the light of day. The pharmaceutical companies would go out of business, and they won't let that happen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join