It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relaxation - to be without passion - the middle path, the center point...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think I'm saying that passion is the glee that arises with opportunity, and what you're speaking of is the unconditioned ground of being wherein there is nothing that we are compelled to do, out of which, ironically, an authentic passion arises (to love and play and co-create), but with humor, as the creativity of our present moment being and becoming and creating yet without concern or strong attachment.

I've been to nothing and from nothing springs a deep passionate love, of everything and nothing in particular, so you start looking around for something to DO, as a heartfelt place from which to create out of the domain of limitless possibility and therefore limitless choices.

To fail to choose, and to just be without doing and creating, is a failure in my experience and trust me on this one I've been there done that got the t-shirt when it comes to doing nothing and sacrificing my gifts, talents and passions on the alter of nothing and it's very painful and in the final analysis, self destructive or nihilistic.

Our most fundamental self is a loving and creating self, but you are definitely correct that there needs to be a touchstone of authentic being without a frantic pursuit of desire.

So I guess we're both in agreement really where it may be said that one must "first place your heart on the kingdom of heaven, and store your treasure there where nothing can corrupt or destroy, and all these things will be added unto you."

Desire is then met already, but of course we then still must have the courage, and the audacity, to willingly receive and to deploy our special gifts and talents to the MAX in pursuit of that which truly resonates with our inmost hearts desire or passion. It is the very purpose of life.

FUN - it has to be pursued and there's no getting around it.

WHAT we are creating then is what matters most, and the life that we are living and living into. We should never give up and "turtle" in other words that's all I'm saying, while justifying ourselves that we are making progress in a spiritual evolutionary process - because life is meant to be lived even to the full and to overflowing, and that's a life of passion and a passion for living. If we lose that then there goes the whole ballgame you see.

So I ask for the courage to exercise my true passion or my innermost hearts desire, which is to be most helpful and to love and be loved and love some more, and help out if I can. And when I'm really in alignment with that I experience joy even if my present moment outward circumstance, does not match my dreams. So it's a love that goes beyond all sorrow, and makes it safely to the other side! Jesus was passionate.. and in him the spirit tells me to keep on going and have some triumphs after all this struggle and time of difficulty. That's funny you see. Really funny.

It's the humor of creativity as the knowledge of true understanding.

It's an ecstatic enjoyment and passion, but it's not attached to a particular outcome, but if it were, what creative power is there?

Best Regards,

NAM

P.S. I'm not trying to be right or make you wrong so please don't read me that way but as ATS it's easy to get one's back up I do realize and I did start out my last post with "I disagree." sorry about that, I didn't mean it to come across that way.

edit on 6-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I think the misunderstanding comes with the word "passion".

I was using "passion" in the since of "longing" , yearning for something that is not yet here and thus suffering.

When we make the "goal/end" our main focus, we can get too passionate about that and then forget to have fun during the journey. That is what I am saying. I do not mean to completely eliminate emotion.

Just to stay relaxed through emotion so that "IF" you don't get what you want you won't suffer so badly and if you do, you won't anchor all of your joy to a THING or SITUATION which can change at any moment as life is always changing.

Being "without passion" in the since of allowing the emotion to come and go, allowing yourself to have preferences of course, but to stay relaxed so that "IF" it doesn't work out you don't suffer so badly...

And you know what, when you are "relaxed" your mind is less clutter and more creative thoughts can flow in...

edit on 6-4-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes I got you and it's cute, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The opposite to relaxation is contraction, stress and tension. Contraction feels like fear. When there is a total relaxation of the energy you are made of it melts back into the whole. If there is any idea of 'me not doing it right' then that is contraction. When there is no longer any need to 'make it right' or 'do it right' then that is relaxation.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

Because being a God is the ulimate expression of ego.

That would depend on your definition of God. If your definition of the Universe and everything in it is God, then you are just the Universe, playing its part out as a human being.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

reply to post by arpgme

Because being a God is the ulimate expression of ego.

That would depend on your definition of God. If your definition of the Universe and everything in it is God, then you are just the Universe, playing its part out as a human being.

The poster said 'being a god'. God is God. There is not more than one. If you 'think' you are 'a' god then that would be totally egotistic. However, to realize God is the egoless state.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The poster said 'being a god'. God is God. There is not more than one. If you 'think' you are 'a' god then that would be totally egotistic. However, to realize God is the egoless state.

nicely explained!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Itisnowagain

nicely explained!

I agree. I'm new to this game, but enjoy learning more. I don't really know what I'm talking about, but find the subject matter fascinating.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Arpgme saying he is a god can be completely not ego, now can it. Egoless is godlike.

Also, If God is our father, aren't his sons gods then too?

John 10:34

King James Version (KJV)

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

My understanding of God changed a bit, I'll speak about it here but I don't want to too much because it will go into another thread I'm making..

Basically it is like this.

The Garden of Eden represents perfection when life was natural and easy, full of peace (relaxation).

Being separate from God is what happens as one began to STRIVE for the forbidden fruit (knowledge), it leads them to an endless cycle of learning and loosing the peace for the passion of striving for more and more knowledge.

To become one with God "God is Light" , "Be a Light unto the world" as Jesus say, is to go back to the state of how it was before taking up that forbidden fruit. Relaxing into life...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In biblical terms it would mean not sinning anymore. One would live eternally because of it too.

Adam's state. Is it right to say adam 'was not the flesh'.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Angle

The Garden of Eden represents perfection when life was natural and easy, full of peace (relaxation).

Being separate from God is what happens as one began to STRIVE for the forbidden fruit (knowledge), it leads them to an endless cycle of learning and loosing the peace for the passion of striving for more and more knowledge.

To become one with God "God is Light" , "Be a Light unto the world" as Jesus say, is to go back to the state of how it was before taking up that forbidden fruit. Relaxing into life...

The Garden of Eden is where life is happening (presently) but to most paradise has been lost. Here and now there is light appearing - look can you see it? This light only appears presently. Let there 'be' light - God saw the light and it was good.
Stay where the light is and you will be present as God.
Eat from the tree of knowledge and you can 'become' like God or 'become' one with God. Some are 'striving' to 'become'. Those who believe in 'becoming' will not know 'being' (God) - they have left paradise.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Not only is there much wisdom in this thread, but the thread itself is very relaxing and peaceful! Love and light everybody, keep shining in the darkness

top topics

<< 1   >>

join