It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody should not have the option of getting a gun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

where you're stupid is the assertion that U.S. bankers caused the problem..as if my country is the reason the world is in the crapper....no...INTERNATIONAL bankers caused the problem, and don't think we're not feeling it over here too....

Everything started with the burst of US housing bubble when Lehman Brothers bankrupted. That caused problem with most financial instutions which were tied with US market. The world is too tied, financial problems anywhere would lead to global problems. Although I apologise for the statement, it was a bit too harsh, as everybody suffered from it and a citizen of any country is not responsible for the things that happen on upper level. I apologise.

you're also stupid because you believe that criminals here are as pathetic as the criminals in your part of your country (where are you from, again?). and because you believe it's not easy to get guns where you are, and because you believe that EVERY american with a gun is a dangerous beast, and that we shoot people just to shoot them. my house has been broken into before...and i'm VERY HAPPY to have had my pistol....i'd rather confront an intruder with my gun, and have them run off, or surrender, than beat the piss out of them with my hands or a club... and just because you pull the trigger, that doesn't mean your target dies...

I would not say it is pathetic if a criminal knows that having a gun with them will result with much higher punishment. It is a smart decision to not use a gun in a crime. I talked about it previous post. Dealing illegal weapons will results with very high punishments, also owning them. It is not naive to believe most criminals, especially house burglars, do not carry a gun with them.

For any person, who fits the critia for gun permission, which is probably around 80% of local people, has no problems getting a gun. Although most people do not see a point in getting a gun, as they do not feel threatened. I could go and get a gun tomorrow if I wanted, although I simply see no point in it.

I have never implied people with guns are beasts. 95%+ of gun-owner use guns as self-protection or hunting, although how to ensure that the other 5% would use the guns on the same reasons and not as means of violence and minimise the risk.

you're horribly uninformed about a great many things, and it seems you have this rather disgusting anti-U.S. thing going, based on, what looks like, absolutely nothing solid...

I apologise if I appeared ignorant. I never meant to offend US, I have nothing against that country, I would prefer living USA to most of the european countries to be honest .I simply tried to understand the point of view of people, who are against stricter gun laws, whether in USA or anywhere else.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

you still won't tell us what country you're from, even though i directly asked you....

and i believe earlier in the thread, you said that you wouldn't live in the U.S. because everyone has guns, then you said you lived here for a while, and now you say you'd rather live here..which is it?

and none of what you said changes the fact that you have your mind made up about how things ought to be in my country, without knowing a thing about how things work over here..you're speaking on a subject you know nothing about...

and again, you're uninformed about a great many things....i have no idea what kind of sheltered BS life you've been living where poor people are criminals because "poverty and crime go hand in hand", and criminals give a fig whether or not having a gun on them is going to get them a longer sentence....

i'm honestly not sure if you're a troll, or really just this genuinely misinformed...

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join