It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Roswell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hey guys, sorry if this Roswell topic is kind of repetitive, and just to let you know, I did use the search, but I didn't find anything talking about this question.

So heres my question. How did some people still not believe in UFOs once the Roswell incident took place? It was a huge publicized thing, right? I know the government tried to cover it up, but if some alien flying saucer were to crash today, I would think that that's undeniable evidence that aliens exist. Now, obviously I wasn't around in 1947 so I don't know what information the media had and what the people knew, but if the government tried hiding the fact that it was alien, what did the people that actually believed the government that it wasn't alien, what did they think it was? An airplane? A missile? Or was it just left at, "Something crashed today in Roswell, it isn't alien. In other news..."

Any answers to my questions? And any mods feel free to close this thread if you find another thread that answers these questions. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There are hundreds of witnesses who saw it and handled the ET alloys. As far as we know, an entire town was silenced. Today, if a UFO crashed, in a dense part of a population, that would not be practical. However, if they turned around and said, it's their new top secret plane, then guess what, people are going to buy it. Heck, even if they said it was a social experiment or a Hollywood prop, they still would.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
There are hundreds of witnesses who saw it and handled the ET alloys. As far as we know, an entire town was silenced.

So they just told the whole town to just not talk about it? But then how did the whole country find out about it if the town that it actually happened in didn't say anything about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

So they just told the whole town to just not talk about it? But then how did the whole country find out about it if the town that it actually happened in didn't say anything about it.

Well it was in the news: FLYING SAUCERS RECOVERED and thousands, if not millions knew about it. Then, once it was covered up and claimed to be a weather balloon, it was over, and the rest reached us through word of mouth, whistle blowers, witnesses speaking out later(like Marcel) and UFO investigators. The Roswell incident had ended as quickly as it had begun, it was only resurrected recently.

However, the Roswell case was nothing compared to the giant mothership in Los Angeles in 1942. Here thousands saw it, war planes and artillary bombarded it, it was locked onto by searchlights from all directions, it went on for half an hour, and several papers covered it with photographs. Yet virtually nobody knows about it today.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Iquote: So they just told the whole town to just not talk about it? But then how did the whole country find out about it if the town that it actually happened in didn't say anything about it.

Well it was in the news: FLYING SAUCERS RECOVERED and thousands, if not millions knew about it. Then, once it was covered up and claimed to be a weather balloon, it was over, and the rest reached us through word of mouth, whistle blowers, witnesses speaking out later(like Marcel) and UFO investigators. The Roswell incident had ended as quickly as it had begun, it was only resurrected recently.

However, the Roswell case was nothing compared to the giant mothership in Los Angeles in 1942. Here thousands saw it, war planes and artillary bombarded it, it was locked onto by searchlights from all directions, it went on for half an hour, and several papers covered it with photographs. Yet virtually nobody knows about it today.

profile find posts send U

Is there any other info/links on this story?
Nerver heard about this.
My thoughts are that the entire town knew about this,(Roswell) but was given the instructions to keep thier opinions to their selfs, or otherwise face the same threats for those that seen this occurence and were told to adhire to the silence that was ordered. But by nature, we talk, regardless!

[edit on 2-11-2004 by jessemole]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I guess I would be one of those people that knows virtually nothing about it

But you got me pretty interested in this Los Angeles thing. Do you have any links or anything on this?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Weren't they "persons" too--or merely mechanized predators, as someone would like us to believe?

We'll probably never know.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

But you got me pretty interested in this Los Angeles thing. Do you have any links or anything on this?

Here is the picture:

And here is the story

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I've never heard of that either. Do you have any links? I would LOVE to read more about something like that!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
how is that the only picture.........and it seems fake how theres spot lights all around it....i dono im a skeptical dude.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spew
......and it seems fake how theres spot lights all around it....i dono im a skeptical dude.

I don't see why you think it is fake with all those spotlights. They are spotlights, they have them all around, and ESPECIALLY during a time of war (looking out for the Japanese planes and such). There is nothing fake about the amount of spotlights they have around there.

One thing I would like people's opinions on, and I'm just being the Devil's Advocate on this one, but how do we know this is ET. I do believe it is ET, but for those of us who don't, I think they think that it could be some sort of government test, which would raise the question, "Why would a government that wants to keep all their top secret tests, Top Secret, test it out in the middle of millions of people. Plus many think that our government didn't have the technology back then to make things that float and things that were virtually indestructable, but who is to say what our government can and can't do back then? Even today, I am sure that there are so many things that the government does that we would just think "Wow, I never knew that was humanly possible" For example, many people are trying to find a way to go the speed of light, but if you watch The Discolsure Project (it was on a thread previously... a big press club that proved that UFOs did exist) they talk about some sort of anti-gravity propulsion mechanism and it allows one to go faster than the speed of light. Our government may possibly have already perfected this technology.

So I'm just looking for anyone that can really provide any evidence that would prove that this mothership was ET and not human made. I for one think it was ET, but just curious to see how other people can back that up.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
All UFO encounters from any decade face the question you asked; "maybe they are just ours" "maybe they are just secret technology" I have seen this "maybe it's ours" from the early 20th century to 500 yeats ago.
Well, the problem with that hypothesis, it requires even more variables to compute, and many of those variable have to be fabricated.

This UFO encounter is in 1942, at this time, the US's best aviation breakthrough, was jet propulsion, which was still in the developmental stage.
If they had antigravity propulsion, energy sheilding, and supertensile alloys, then, where was it? Why was it not deployed in the wars, and why were they wasting money and time on propellor propulsion, jet propulsion, steel and rocket engines.

Now consider, if this was theirs and they wanted to keep it secret, why on earth would they siren air raids, lock onto it with searchlights from every direction, and then shoot at it for half an hour.

To answer the above, I would need to juggle around too many variable, and invent many more, just so that I can say "their ours" Whereas using the ET hypothesis, all I have use to is known variables, and say:

1. The probability of ET civilizations existing is extremely high
2. We are are a relatively toddler civilization in the universe, thus the probability of more advanced ET civilizations is extremely high
3. We are capable of space travel, so therefore an advanced one, should definitely be too, and have more advanced space technology
4. The probability of being visited by ET civilizations is extremely high

So, a craft, exhibiting technology far in excess of our own, by simple logic, not ours, and if it's not ours, it shows it's from an ET civilization, allowed by the ET hypothesis. As Occams Razor states; do not multiply quantities unnecessarily.

The most simple explanation for UFO's, and UFO depicted in the past, is the ET hypothesis. I like to keep things simple.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Nice 1 Indigo-child! ive read about this for years,was going to start a thread but youve done a good job,your pictures the best one ive seen

That was a real weird encounter,from what i can remember the falling lead from the sky caused an awful lot of damage and even deaths-that probably has to be an even bigger coverup than Roswell!!
I mean when do people just stop talking about something like that and let it lie?
It would be good if you could get your hands on some of the material the goverment tried to publicise after it happened-probably had the same theme to it as Roswell-Just another weather balloon that we accidentley pumped thousands of rounds of metal at and couldnt bring it down in one of the major cities in the world!

someone should try and find out what the initial enquiry came up with?

Regards.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
to get back to the roswell question i believe you have to know a bit about roswell to understand how it could have been covered up, the first thing about roswell is how isolated it is, it is 200 miles from anywhere, there is nothing around, the crash site itself is about 40 miles north of town and i believe 20 miles off the highway....all that there is in that direction is a ranch, and the ranches are hugh down there, roswell now is a growing town, due in no small part to the ufo crash, the entire downtown is ufo stuff, but back then it was just another small desert town, with one difference, it had the air base....not just any air base but the one that had the atom bomb that ended the war.....the men based there were not just run of the mill soldiers, they were the elite that the country had to offfer, the country was just over a war and still jittery, the russian menace was hovering on the horizen, roswell becuase of it's isolation was not exactly a media center, so when the military announced that the original headline was an error there were few around to dispute that. i don't know how many civillions there were in roswell at the time, but when the air base finally closed it was said that it took 1/3 of the town with it, the setting and the town were perfect for covering something like this up. i may be wrong but i think that it was in the 80's when a book came out and this finally became a big story...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
the setting and the town were perfect for covering something like this up. i may be wrong but i think that it was in the 80's when a book came out and this finally became a big story...

Hmm... I didn't know that much about the actual town itself and I didn't know it was that rural. But like Indigo_Child said, hundreds of people were still witnesses actually picking up the ET alloys. So despite it being rural and all, it's just kind of weird that none of those people that actually held an ET craft would tell their friends or family about it. If this had happened, then it would've been a huge story in no time. Which would lead us to the conclusion that those witnesses didn't talk. And then that makes us wonder "How much power does our government have" if they can just shut up hundreds of people just like that. My only thought would be bribe, similar to the beliefs that Neil Armstrong is being paid massive amounts of money, not to give away the truth about the landing on the moon.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
sorry bout the double post

[edit on 11/3/2004 by Josh Man]

top topics

join