It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Hiring Ad: Bachelor's Degree + 2 Years Cashier Experience

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
washingtonexaminer.com...

No surprise here. College/Universities are pumping out hundreds of thousands of graduates per year and clearly not enough jobs to fulfil every persons field of expertise... In 2012, 284,000 college graduates had a job that paid minimum wage, according to a recent Wall Street Journal report.

So, why not hire the best-of-the-best unemployed workers?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Dude, what!?! Can't believe this. So difficult to wrap my head around.... Won't this just cause alot of problems nationally?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What a load of BS! (pun intended)

If things keep going this way, they might as well sign up all high school graduates onto welfare because they won't be able to get a job until the finish a few years of college for even a broom pusher position.

They're making sure everyone enters the workforce just the way they want them; saddled up with loads of debt they can never repay so they'll make better wage slaves for their masters.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Cool.. Now maybe my order will be correct every time.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blindlyzack

Yes. It will. I'm still doing concrete 7 months seasonal in Alaska. I have 6 years of college, and three degrees.

And people wonder why I am alcoholic,lol

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

Hahaha, The only reason why that's so funny, yesterday morning I ordered one thing and they still got it wrong

The manager, gave me all my money back, and insisted I choose a meal of my liking for free
edit on 4-4-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Ahhhh. . . .

Hope and *here's your change*

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So you need a batchelors degree to run a cash registrar at McDonalds? I don't know if thats a good thing or degrading to the graduate

edit on 4-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: fn g button

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Most likely a typo on the job posting website.

There is no such requirement here

EDIT: Maybe you have to register to see the requirement. This job site is apparently the source of the job posting that went viral

more for registered users ....

edit on 4-4-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Won't happen, unless the requirements of the job demand it. Companies are always wanting to save money, so they will want to hire the least demanding employees.

A person with a degree is not the least demanding!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wow - now I'm not even qualified to work at McDonalds, that's a kick in the balls.

Maybe I can get a paper route.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce

Cool.. Now maybe my order will be correct every time.

I really doubt it. They may even spit in it.

From my experiance, people with degrees who take jobs that they think are beneath them are the worst workers. They just don't care.

And often don't realize that everyone has to start at the bottom, even most of those born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
Wow - now I'm not even qualified to work at McDonalds, that's a kick in the balls.

Maybe I can get a paper route.

PhD required.

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Won't happen, unless the requirements of the job demand it. Companies are always wanting to save money, so they will want to hire the least demanding employees.

A person with a degree is not the least demanding!

It won't demand it really; however, if someone has a degree and another person doesn't..
(same age, sex, etc etc) who will get the job?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Wow.
Just wow.

Though I don't blame them. If they can get the best. Then get the best.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It won't demand it really; however, if someone has a degree and another person doesn't..
(same age, sex, etc etc) who will get the job?

Probably the one without the degree, as the one with the degree is a day-to-day flight risk.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What I find scary is how Americans will only see college and getting degrees as a way to get cheap paying jobs. I feel the American dream is dead because of how much money and support we put into businesses that would end up being the only options we had for work.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wanted: New Stereotypical Position For Average High School Dropouts.

Requirements: Low Standards, Crappy Hours, and Minimum Wage With No Benefits and The Added Comfort of Local Uneducated Jerkoffs.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

What I find scary is how Americans will only see college and getting degrees as a way to get cheap paying jobs. I feel the American dream is dead because of how much money and support we put into businesses that would end up being the only options we had for work.

I feel the American dream is dead because it makes money look like the answer to life...and it really isn't.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm an individual who loves money. Money is currency and has the value to help you achieve your dreams and help you pay your bills, buy food, buy videos games, etc. We live in a civilized society where money plays a big parts in our lives. Many people do not understand the value of money and will not save properly. But in the end they'll end loosing everything because they haven't responsibly saved and used their money. That is my view on money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join