It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True path from the words of Buddha?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

To many people say that a loving God will not do this but if you look at the hearts of men and the evil things they do and the things they want to destroy and think that the world of plenty will last forever.

In the beginning, there was the word. And the word was with "God", and the word was "God". Everything that came after that, came from him. No exceptions. This means that everything wrong with us, every flaw and shortcoming, came from him. And generally, you cannot create something unless you have a little of it in you. I would say that "God" isn't perfect at all. And any "God" that demands perfection from its creations has more than a few psychological issues it should be attending to, instead of externalizing its obsessions and glorifying its existence for self-gratification. We did not create ourselves. We did not design our personalities and biologies, we did not plan out every second of our lives, and we did not determine the effect our lives would have on us, thereby sealing our fates. We are completely devoid of omnipotence and foreknowledge. But he isn't. He is more capable than the best of us, supposedly, and yet he acts more helpless than the worst of us.

Your god is one of the most paradoxically useless gods in the history of the world. There is nothing more unhelpful than having the power to fix your mistakes and refusing to do so because you are incapable of confronting your own weaknesses for the sake of those suffering. At the very least, don't judge us for turning out exactly as you planned. You had the foreknowledge - if you're not satisfied, you have the power to undo everything, rewrite the universe, and fast forward to this exact point again in the blink of an eye. You could do it a million times. A billion. A quintillion. And you would still be as powerful as ever. That's what omnipotence means. Eternally, utterly, irreversibly capable of doing anything you could possibly imagine.

And yet, you find the will to use as little of your power as possible. All the time you spend bragging, all the time you spend declaring that your vast and immensely capable nature gives you the right to rule everything, yet you so often resist the opportunity to convince us of what you claim to be true. It would be so easy, yet you make it so hard. Why? Why is it so difficult to put on a show every hundred years or so, a display proving your exact nature and intentions. It would be so simple. But I guess subjugating a woman, incarnating within her womb, becoming the forerunner of the Ghandi movement and sacrificing yourself for an S&M acupuncture treatment before doing the Houdini and taking a leaf from Luke Skywalker's book, projecting yourself everywhere and being all Holy Spirit about it, makes a lot more sense. Kinda. If you squint.

So yeah. Looking back at all of that, I can't say I'm too impressed. If "God" wants to be king of the world and keeper of my soul, he's going to have to try harder than that. Like I said, I don't sell my soul. I don't give it away. I share it. And I will never, ever subjugate myself to anyone, holy or otherwise. I am not a dog. I am a human being, descendant of his crowning creation, and I'll be damned if I am ever made to feel guilty about the design he graced me with. Imperfect, am I? Well, that just makes me a lot more interesting than him.

So...yeah.

edit on 4-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Good morning friend, I'm not weak because I choose to love, rather than fight?
Am I weak because I don't want power?

Anger and pride will never out way the power of love, it's love that governs this whole existence and your words are like standing on quicksand because it leads to suffering and not of the "hellfire" but life suffering. I know because I was once a science man, I was once a metal head and still smile to myself when I hear that old kill em' all album but things change, I'm a father of four now and seen a whole new world grow in front of me and seen the beauty of this happen in front of me and it's that opened my eyes. I began to question the existence of how everything came to be and I knew deep inside and this is no accident.

I don't say these to keep you in fear but to make you aware of the scheme and when the time comes you will know, No christian is gonna be taken away before anything happens. We are all in the same boat and no one will go untested and I know some of you will preach the loudest and some of you will receive that out pouring from God and maybe it will be you. It will be people you wouldn't expect and what was once last will be first, nature has funny thing of repeating herself time after time.

Just as it says Christ has suffered so must you, not because of fear and hell because humans have a tendency to follow these repetitions time after time. Always with violence and power and they will persecute those and call them sick and people will be embarrassed to even mention God and Jesus. Just as you turn him away he will turn away and say I never knew you, Christians most of all because they follow him and if one says he's a christian and doesn't open the door to help another will find the door shut for him and he will weep. he will see a thief enter and call out to Jesus I followed you and prayed and fasted and why does a thief enter and not me?

He will answer and say because of your materialism you did not help this man, instead you saved up for material wealth and loved it so, more than your neighbor and more than me, if you have believed in me you would have known that he was in need and in your wealth you stood above him and in the same he will stand before you.

Peace

edit on 5-4-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Good morning friend, I'm not weak because I choose to love, rather than fight?
Am I weak because I don't want power?

Power has nothing to do with it. Self-respect has everything to do with it. Are you a man, or a mouse? Do you have the integrity to determine your own fate, or are you so mindless as to dedicate your entire essence to a being who has no use for you? You are a pawn. A worthless pawn. Subjugate yourself to the intentions of such a deity, and you are as expendable as a plastic spoon. Where you have come from, thousands more will come. Where you will go, thousands more have already gone. Your story has been written and enacted thousands of times, just with different faces in different places.

You're not weak, but your mission is. Your mission is meaningless because it's happening for all the wrong reasons. It's an exercise of futility. Are you incapable of finding a purpose on your own? Are you incapable of imagining a fate that would bring you true joy? Or will you always hunt for perfection, fight to live forever? That's what those who seek power want. They fear death. They fear imperfection. They fear being flawed, being vulnerable. I don't seek to be perfect, and I don't seek to answer to a perfect master. I want nothing to do with perfection. I want to be satisfied with imperfection, because when that happens, I'll be perfectly happy with who I am. And that is the true miracle.

Maybe you should try it.

Anger and pride will never out way the power of love

Perhaps you should inform the Judaic deity of that. He is the epitome of pride, the countenance of anger. It is his anger we must fear, right? It is his pride we will answer to, right? His power entitles him, and his wrath justifies him. What a pathetic god. Even as you harp on about anger and pride being worthless, your deity demonstrates those exact emotions to utter perfection. His face should be emblazoned beside those words in the dictionary, a standard avatar for those ideas.

I began to question the existence of how everything came to be and I knew deep inside and this is no accident.

I never said it was an accident. I have described the source of all existence being a single line of code containing the entire lexicon that determines the behavior of the most basic blocks of the chemical language that comprises the manifestations we perceive at the universe. That does not mean it's a god. I do not believe it to be any kind of conscious being at all, actually. But that doesn't make it any less precious.

I do believe, quite firmly, that any being who demands worship is not worthy of it. Any being which entitles itself to rulership of the universe is not worthy of it. When those whom you would rule demand that you take the crown, even knowing the best and the worst that your character has to offer, that is when you take it. But not when you insist that you are the greatest and most perfect being in existence.

There was a point in time in which Superman attempted to deny all of his powers. He attempted to become a mortal human, a creature of vast weakness and ignorance. He chose not to be godly, because he had a reason to be human. I would liken "God" to being more like Lex Luthor. He pretends to be benevolent, but he never does anything unless there's something in it for him. And when he demands your service, it's always in your best interest...but even if you decide your best interest isn't your first interest, it's never a good idea to say no. Yes, if "God" had a face, it would be Lex Luthor's face. I'm certain of it.

Sorry. I've been watching Smallville lately. But now that I've thought of it, it's a delightfully uncanny resemblance.

He will answer and say because of your materialism you did not help this man, instead you saved up for material wealth and loved it so, more than your neighbor and more than me, if you have believed in me you would have known that he was in need and in your wealth you stood above him and in the same he will stand before you.

Is that why the Pope still has his golden scepter and crown? Big words, all kindness and compassion and feeding the poor and saving the world, yet all the Vatican seems to have an obsession for retaining its material wealth. How much in assets does the Vatican have? Enough to host a banquet for all of Syria for a week straight? Enough to feed the starving in India? Enough to maybe put some walk with all that talk?

But nope. Not a chance. Just one more tiny detail to add to a laundry list of discrepancies. Don't mind me, I'll just sit over here and continue to not take Christianity seriously.

edit on 5-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Before I forget about what I was gonna say about "A loving God would not do this" argument and I find it strange that we had that protected life and could have lived long lives. everything we needed to survive was there but we fell to lies and know you praise Satan for freeing you from everlasting life and giving you knowledge of good and evil and now we must live and feel death and repeat the cycle. That ended when Christ was crucified because the knowledge of Good leads to eternal life through Christ who revealed the truth and the light and paved the way to eternal life and you ever wonder why their is an explosion in population is because reincarnation stopped and sealed the path through him.

The old way God taught is over by repeating itself and learning from past lives and it's Satan who keeps feeding these seeds of doubt, God is conversing with Jesus when he says we will make them like us. Because of Satan, we have been in the dark and we still are and he uses Religion and governments to hide who is really running this land and it's not of good. The path is through Christ and walk like him,the truth because he told you the way and saw it and is of it. The light because he has shown you the way because this is it and he is the only way to make it, by being good and loving each other as he did for you.

In the past God knew that he would have to remove the impurities and start fresh, the natives new this but fell and are my ancestors the fallen who fell I don't know? but all I know is, it's not gonna be like religion fed us. The world does have to pass away to make way for the new earth and heaven both inside and out. This time will it will be of peace for a thousand years and it will be these years where you shall rest but when the thousand years are up Satan will be allowed to tempt man again but it will only last for a short time before evil is done away with

Don't you see the levels Satan has fallen from, from the first heaven and it resides at the throne room of God, to the second which is space and is in war with arch angel Micheal and will lose this realm as well and fall to earth and we will finally see him come and play the grandest scheme of all and it so happen their is talk of aliens coming and some even say they created us by saying they messed with our DNA and created a slave race. Most of you believe we are created from the dust from stars and dust from space and at least you and God agree on one thing.

This where evolution comes into play and all that, anti matter and matter is just a mask for good and evil and scientists know this because of who has dominion of earth and banking world knows a spiritual life is not profitable because he would live of the land and the earth would replenish and heal it self. The earth is here to nourish us back to health but we kill her by taking the life blood. This will return and the old ways will flourish for once was will be bought back.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

everything we needed to survive was there but we fell to lies and know you praise Satan for freeing you from everlasting life

So death is a bad thing? Why?

and giving you knowledge of good and evil and now we must live and feel death and repeat the cycle. That ended when Christ was crucified because the knowledge of Good leads to eternal life through Christ who revealed the truth and the light and paved the way to eternal life and you ever wonder why their is an explosion in population is because reincarnation stopped and sealed the path through him.

Again, why do I want to live forever?

The old way God taught is over by repeating itself and learning from past lives and it's Satan who keeps feeding these seeds of doubt, God is conversing with Jesus when he says we will make them like us. Because of Satan, we have been in the dark and we still are and he uses Religion and governments to hide who is really running this land and it's not of good. The path is through Christ and walk like him,the truth because he told you the way and saw it and is of it. The light because he has shown you the way because this is it and he is the only way to make it, by being good and loving each other as he did for you.

It's really not that hard to understand. You are fighting yourself. You are fighting the imperfection of your very nature, as though it's something to be ashamed of. Are you ashamed of being flawed? Are you ashamed of being incomplete, of being able to grow and change? Would you rather be a marble statue that never feels or thinks because it has already done everything it's going to do? That's what perfection is. Existence without direction or meaning, because everything meaning has already been explored to its deepest shades and every direction has transpired to its furthest potential.

Perfection is the worst sort of existence for a human mind. Do you expect to die and no longer be human? Do you expect to be something more than human? Something that doesn't feel or think? Something that suffers an eternity of monotonous emotional stasis?

I don't think you know what you're asking for. I think what you want and what you need are two very different things, and you haven't yet realized it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It's not death but the irony, first your happy for Satan giving you knowledge of good and evil and giving you death and now say how could a God kill his creations and why not just give us life?

Why would you not want to live forever?
Be able to see the planets and marvel at the beauty first hand and other creations of God through out our universe and maybe others. Maybe to explore the very nature of how things played out and see how far you where off, on the mysteries you long to know?,all things will be bought to light, I don't know but it's going to be wonderful.

This whole existence is flawed both spiritual and physical, don't get me wrong I love the arts that humanity has to offer and who doesn't like a good western movie like Good the bad and the ugly or a good song that takes you back to better time. My life ain't for you to call flawed because I know who I am, and yes I'm a bit to kind and bit to serious at times but I do love a good story. I like video games and though I don't play as much as I used too but I do still like to play a game hockey against my brother from time to time and still whip his butt, poor guy lol.

Everything slows down to a trickle out in the woods because that world takes you away from the flawed reality that is the hustle bustle of everyday city life brings.

See you my friend, talk soon and so I leave with a bit of comedy and think there is some conspiracy happening because every time I write Satan without knowing it I write Stan lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It's not death but the irony, first your happy for Satan giving you knowledge of good and evil and giving you death and now say how could a God kill his creations and why not just give us life?

Could you quote me on that?

Why would you not want to live forever?
Be able to see the planets and marvel at the beauty first hand and other creations of God through out our universe and maybe others. Maybe to explore the very nature of how things played out and see how far you where off, on the mysteries you long to know?,all things will be bought to light, I don't know but it's going to be wonderful.

Because no thing is meant to last forever. The universe must always remain in motion to maintain balance, and motion means change. When you stay still for too long, you forget that you're supposed to move, and you forget why. And when that happens...you forget why you live. Just like having too much money demeans the value of money, or having too much sex desensitizes the sensations of sex. Too much food undermines the taste, the flavor. And too much life takes away the value of being alive.

I don't want to forget what it is to live. That's why I don't want to live forever. That's why immortality is a curse. When the novelty is gone, when everything has been seen or said or heard or done three or four times already, all that's left is death. The one thing you can't have. The eternal sleep that erases everything and lets you see the world through fresh eyes.

I don't want to forget. I want to keep refreshing, keep seeing the world anew. I don't want to know everything about life. I want to have new mysteries, new thrills and challenges, new motivations to make me look forward to each dawn as eagerly as the last. And when it's over, I'll start again in a new body and a new path. There's no better way to spend eternity. What's the point, otherwise? Do you have a better plan?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

If Love holds no recorders of wrongdoings as The Bible says then how can there be a "Book of Recorded Sins"?

God is everywhere. When you believe you are separate from God you may want to regain the connection that was never lost, and cause yourself to suffer.

You are already forgiven because the past is gone, and NOW is happening...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

First, we must forgive ourselves. We must embrace our imperfection, or we will never move forward. We can't expect anyone to forgive us if we can't let go of our own faults. We can't expect anyone to appreciate us for who we are if we don't take the first step towards accepting ourselves. As long as we keep fighting our imperfection, keep punishing ourselves for being flawed, it will always hold us back. The only way to move forward is to stop fighting our nature. We think we must answer to some higher being...but the truth is, we are judging ourselves. We always have. And if we don't stop judging ourselves because of what we think we should be, then we will never find our wings and fly.
edit on 6-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I didn't mean you personally and I'm sorry if made you feel it was directed towards you.

Science says the universe has more stars than their is sand on earth, I don't think your ever gonna get bored and if you do I'm God will give you the rest you deserve and dim the light that was your soul if you wish.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You will see the pages wash away with your own eyes as you face life with a loving heart as all the things start to be shown to you as memories of people you've hurt and the things you've done along the way.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by arpgme

First, we must forgive ourselves. We must embrace our imperfection, or we will never move forward. We can't expect anyone to forgive us if we can't let go of our own faults. We can't expect anyone to appreciate us for who we are if we don't take the first step towards accepting ourselves. As long as we keep fighting our imperfection, keep punishing ourselves for being flawed, it will always hold us back. The only way to move forward is to stop fighting our nature. We think we must answer to some higher being...but the truth is, we are judging ourselves. We always have. And if we don't stop judging ourselves because of what we think we should be, then we will never find our wings and fly.
edit on 6-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Love your enemies as yourself and we know your biggest enemy is yourself, this is true and if we love ourselve we can show the path as Christ did.
edit on 8-4-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Love your enemies as yourself

And yet for every time the Bible instructs us to do so, it gives us three reasons to judge and condemn one another, not to mention ourselves. Speaking of which...

and we know your biggest enemy is yourself

You are your own worst enemy - but only when you do not comprehend your own nature. The more you struggle to suppress your flaws, the less you know about them and the less you learn from them and the less you know about working with them. Your flaws will never go away. Your weaknesses will never go away. When you can't make the shadows go away, you must learn everything about them so that when you light a candle to hold the darkness at bay, you know exactly what you are resisting and why. And on those days when the candle doesn't seem to give off light, the shadows won't seem so scary because you know exactly what you are facing...

And you know you can face them.

There's no point to fighting or suppressing imperfection. It only keeps you from knowing who you are. Should you deny what you are in favor of what you want to be? Why? Ask yourself that first. Why do you want to change? Why isn't your nature good enough? Nothing is perfect - why should you be? Christians like to speak of gluttony, of envy...isn't the quest for perfection a quest of ingratitude?

If you are imperfect, that gives you more challenges. And more challenges means more triumph when you finally discover true happiness. Subjugation and worship won't bring you happiness, it will only make you more secure in your mentality of being cursed. My personal opinion is that once you realize you are not cursed, that you are not indebted, you won't need to prostrate yourself anymore. You won't need to repent. Instead, you'll want to ascend.

Ascend to a greater state of living. A state that finds the light in every shadow. A state where nothing is condemned except condemnation itself. And when you are open to all possibilities...well, you're limitless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join