It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True path from the words of Buddha?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I was asking God through the blood of Christ in prayer as all I do for every post and I asked him about reincarnation and Buddha and so I began my morning with breakfast for my family and so I did a search on Jesus and Buddha. and this website stood out among the list.

DID BUDDHA PROPHESIZE THE COMING OF JESUS?

dhammaprotector.blogspot.ca...

Some time in 2003 a website from Thailand appeared on the internet with an article making an extraordinary claim – that in the 5th century BC the Buddha prophesized the coming of Jesus Christ, and that this prophesy can be found in the Buddhist scriptures, the Tipitaka. This article was quickly picked up by other websites and blogs and since then has appeared in numerous others, as well as in several publications. Now (2009) there are at least four different versions of the supposed prophesy and yet more claims about it. Below is reproduced the most common version of this prophesy.

‘When Buddha was traveling and living in this world, there was an old Brahman priest who wore white robes who asked the Buddha, “How will all men and all Brahmins continue in their merit-making so as to escape the results of sin?” The Buddha answered, “Even though all of you give alms according to the 5 precepts, the 8 precepts, the 10 precepts, or the 227 precepts for 9 trillion years and you raise your hands and offer yourselves as a burnt offering, or you pray 5 times a day, you will still not escape the results of your sins. If you do this every day, your merit gained will only be equal to the smallest strand of hair of an unborn infant which is extremely small. You shall not enter heaven’s doors.” The old Brahman priest asked further, “What are we all to do to be saved?” The Buddha answered the old Brahman priest, “The results of sin and karma are very great, heavier than the sky, thicker than the earth, and so high that it would be like an angel dusting the corner-posts of the temple compound with a cloth post that are 18 inches high - dusting them one time per year - until the posts were worn down to the ground. When the posts are worn down, that’s how long it would take to end your sins.”

The Buddha said further, “I have given up my high position and entered the priesthood. I considered that even though I am good, I would have only a very small amount of merit at the end of the year. If I was given this same amount of merit for 100,000 epochs and live 10 more lifetimes, I would not be saved from sin’s results even once.

The old Brahman priest asked further, “So what should we all do?” The Buddha answered, “Keep on making merit and look for another Holy One who will come and help the world and all of you in the future.”

Then the old Brahman priest asked, “What will the characteristics of the Holy One be like?” The Buddha answered him, “The Holy One who will keep ??? the world in the future will be like this: in the palms of his hands and in the flat of his feet will be the design of a disc, in the side will be a stab wound; and his forehead will have many marks like scars. This Holy One will be the golden boat who will carry you over the cycle of rebirths all the way to the highest heaven (Nirvana). Do not look for salvation the old way; there is no salvation in it for sure. Quit the old way. And there will be a new spirit like the light of a lightning bug in all of your hearts and you will be victorious over all your enemies. Nobody will be able to destroy you. If you die, you will not come back to be born in this world again. You will go to the highest heaven (Nirvana).” ’

Many of you will scoff and say I'm picking at straws and that's OK, it bothers me none and I still love you all, I'm just sharing this because I am reaching out to my fellow brothers and sisters from the religions because he is calling you out of Babylon.

edit on 4-4-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

The website which you linked, Did Buddha prophesize the coming of Jesus? actually refutes the claim that Buddha said anything about Jesus.

The main problems with this are the passages which reference burnt offerings and sin, which are not Buddhist but Christian ideas. They refer to Nirvana as if it is a place like Heaven, though Nirvana is a state of mind. There are also no references stating where this passage can be found in the Tipitaka.

In short, this is a hoax. Buddha didn't prophesize the coming of Jesus. It is merely Christian propaganda.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

What else is new? Christians have to steal from pagan ideals, now they have to seek affirmation from a system that denies most of their teachings. Will they never learn?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
people will find fault because they want to be knowledgeable to others but I don't because I was asking God not men and it's the answered prayer that stands out if you have eye's to see. I don't care of insults or faults of another or things of that nature because it leads to an endless circle of debate, instead I want to show you that good resides in a world of doubt and evil just like other words of doubt reside on a page but its the one the middle you read, just as you look to the inside of a person to know how someone really is.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

all part of the beast of the sea (The Destroyer) from Egypt to Greece and Rome and you get the picture, it has been the dominion of the fallen since the great fall from the first heaven and the NWO will last only for a short time. Every piece of religion spread across this earth has been tainted by the fallen and all the while pretending to be Gods.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There is a Gospel of Barnabas which says this.
www.sacred-texts.com/isl/gbar/

When Jesus had said this, Philip
answered: 'We are content to serve
God, but we desire, however, to
know God. For Isaiah the prophet
said: "Verily thou art a hidden God,"
and God said to Moses his servant: "I am that which I am." Jesus answered: 'Philip, God is a good
without which there is naught good;
God is a being without which there is
naught that is; God is a life without
which there is naught that liveth; so
great that he filleth all and is everywhere. He alone hath no equal.
He hath had no beginning, nor will he
ever have an end, but to everything
hath he given a beginning and to
everything shall he give an end. He
hath no father nor mother; he hath no sons, nor brethren, nor companions.

And because God hath no body,
therefore he eateth not, sleepeth not,
dieth not, walketh not, moveth not,
but abideth eternally without human
similitude, for that he is incorporeal, uncompounded, immaterial, of the
most simple substance. He is so good
that he loveth goodness only; he is so
just that when he punisheth or
pardoneth it cannot be gainsaid. In
short, I say unto thee, Philip, that here on earth thou canst not see him nor
know him perfectly; but in his
kingdom thou shalt see him for ever:
wherein consisteth all our happiness
and glory.' Philip answered: 'Master, what sayest
thou? It is surely written in Isaiah that
God is our father; how, then, hath he
no sons?' Jesus answered: 'There are written in
the prophets many parables,
wherefore thou oughtest not to
attend to the letter, but to the sense.
For all the prophets, that are one
hundred and forty-four thousand, whom God hath sent into the world,
have spoken darkly. But after me
shall come the Splendour of all the
prophets and holy ones, and shall
shed light upon the darkness of all
that the prophets have said, because he is the messenger of God.'
And
having said this, Jesus sighed and
said: 'Have mercy on Israel, O Lord
God and look with pity upon
Abraham and upon his seed, in order
that they may serve thee with truth of heart.

what would you say to this?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

people will find fault because they want to be knowledgeable to others but I don't because I was asking God not men and it's the answered prayer that stands out if you have eye's to see.

You mean if you have the will to lie to yourself. That's all faith really is. If you can't use facts to support your conclusion, that means because facts contradict the belief you hold. And if you continue to hold that belief, it's because you have what you consider to be a damn good reason to lie to yourself. Because you're too weak to live with the truth. To live with the facts.

There's nothing wrong with being weak. There's plenty wrong with catering to it.

I don't care of insults or faults of another or things of that nature because it leads to an endless circle of debate, instead I want to show you that good resides in a world of doubt and evil just like other words of doubt reside on a page but its the one the middle you read, just as you look to the inside of a person to know how someone really is.

Good and evil are words we use to describe how we feel about the world around us. They are labels that have always reflected more about ourselves than anything else. They identify our stance, our position, because that's always what's most important to us. How we feel. To hell with everything else. If we don't like it, then by all that's holy, it's evil and blasphemous and must be destroyed and its grave forgotten.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Religion is to spirituality as government is to society. A system designed to exploit the most useful aspects and squash any hindrances. And in the end, the machine demeans the purpose. The machine gives a savage personality to the vision that drives its function.

Just like the church.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

I say Amen to you and it's wise to test those who you feel you need to, God works in men also and the good lord who was without form became flesh and was also the word.

Isaiah 43:10-11
New International Version (NIV)
10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD,
and apart from me there is no savior.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The body is your temple and it's where your mouth resides and a body in motion is a walking church for who needs a doctor if one is healthy and in the same way I am here to show you that the material world is a lie and we took the money changers route. A church was there for the gifts you give to the father and a place to discuss and learn and not become greater than the follower but to be equal.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The body is your temple and it's where your mouth resides and a body in motion is a walking church for who needs a doctor if one is healthy and in the same way I am here to show you that the material world is a lie and we took the money changers route. A church was there for the gifts you give to the father

I do not give myself to anyone. I share myself with those who show they are willing to share equally with me, those who show that I am worth as much to them as they are to me.

and a place to discuss and learn and not become greater than the follower but to be equal.

Not become greater than the follower, but still become equal? This is a contradiction of terms. The thing that has always confused me is the whole servant and master relationship. I don't want to serve anyone. I'm perfectly okay with sharing, but that's not enough, apparently. My soul is my own to share. I will never give my soul. I may share it, but only with those who are willing to share just as much with me.

I am a friend, not a follower. I am a companion, not a servant. I consider advice, but I do not take orders. I listen, I weigh, and I exercise my free will. And it will always be so.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

True path from the words of Buddha

Not exactly on your topic .. but kinda is ... The Middle Way. Buddhism has 'The Middle Way'. I've read about it. I've tried it. I still try to do it when I remember to. I agree that it CAN be the best way to live. But man .... it's just not 'me'.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Christ is the way and the only way! don't you see their is no reincarnation and the Christians are gonna be judged the hardest because they know the knowledge of gospel and it's what in the heart and the mind. Christ and only Christ can redeem you. He will baptize you with the holy spirit and in the dark times God will take away the church but will replace it with outpouring of love and make men like Christ.

I can't wait to see men and woman become like Christ when the outpouring comes and it will shine with hope, unlikely people people all walks of life for the spirit has no nationality or race.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The true path is the middle one. Too much righteousness can send you on a crusade killing millions of innocent people.

Too much evil can send you into a black hole.

The middle is just right.

Goldy locks knew all along!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

You may see the path but can you stay on the path.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

The body is your temple and it's where your mouth resides and a body in motion is a walking church for who needs a doctor if one is healthy and in the same way I am here to show you that the material world is a lie and we took the money changers route. A church was there for the gifts you give to the father

I do not give myself to anyone. I share myself with those who show they are willing to share equally with me, those who show that I am worth as much to them as they are to me.

and a place to discuss and learn and not become greater than the follower but to be equal.

Not become greater than the follower, but still become equal? This is a contradiction of terms. The thing that has always confused me is the whole servant and master relationship. I don't want to serve anyone. I'm perfectly okay with sharing, but that's not enough, apparently. My soul is my own to share. I will never give my soul. I may share it, but only with those who are willing to share just as much with me.

I am a friend, not a follower. I am a companion, not a servant. I consider advice, but I do not take orders. I listen, I weigh, and I exercise my free will. And it will always be so.

No it's not because being equal to the one that is teaching is the nature of things but materialism came and messed with the flow of nature, as the same way God became flesh to show that even he was willing to wash the feet of his followers because that is the way the world should live.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No it's not because being equal to the one that is teaching is the nature of things but materialism came and messed with the flow of nature, as the same way God became flesh to show that even he was willing to wash the feet of his followers because that is the way the world should live.

That's funny, because "God" did a lot of things that Jesus never did. Thinking about it, it seems that "God" caused destruction in a lot of places that Jesus just talked about stuff. Parables. He told riddles, much the way the Buddhists pass on their wisdom. "God" was all about swift and merciless action, while Jesus was about gentle conversation. "God" and Jesus were not the same kind of person. That much is obvious in the way Jesus practiced humility and obeisance at the same time that "God" practiced dominance and grandeur. Unless Jesus was somehow managing to both humble himself and exalt himself at the same time, there's no way he was united with "God" in any true fashion.

As such, what Jesus did, according to your stories, was a gesture of equality, far aside from the distant demeanor of "God".

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

That's funny, because "God" did a lot of things that Jesus never did. Thinking about it, it seems that "God" caused destruction in a lot of places that Jesus just talked about stuff. Parables. He told riddles, much the way the Buddhists pass on their wisdom. "God" was all about swift and merciless action, while Jesus was about gentle conversation. "God" and Jesus were not the same kind of person. That much is obvious in the way Jesus practiced humility and obeisance at the same time that "God" practiced dominance and grandeur. Unless Jesus was somehow managing to both humble himself and exalt himself at the same time, there's no way he was united with "God" in any true fashion.

As such, what Jesus did, according to your stories, was a gesture of equality, far aside from the distant demeanor of "God".

Unfortunately people of God are in the middle of all this evil and punishment,it is often met with them being killed but if he knows God and loves him he will know that God will love him and take care of him. In the end, good is the only thing that can withstand the punishment and everything else perishes because it has gone bitter. Who else is better to teach you the way than the father, to many have been lost to this materialism and they fear to leave this and it causes them great pain.

To many people say that a loving God will not do this but if you look at the hearts of men and the evil things they do and the things they want to destroy and think that the world of plenty will last forever. The truth is if good must prevail evil must be cleansed and it has to be destroyed and made new and some evil hides in good and so on.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

The website which you linked, Did Buddha prophesize the coming of Jesus? actually refutes the claim that Buddha said anything about Jesus.

The main problems with this are the passages which reference burnt offerings and sin, which are not Buddhist but Christian ideas. They refer to Nirvana as if it is a place like Heaven, though Nirvana is a state of mind. There are also no references stating where this passage can be found in the Tipitaka.

In short, this is a hoax. Buddha didn't prophesize the coming of Jesus. It is merely Christian propaganda.

This was God answering a prayer I wanted knowledge of and he did and I asked him if reincarnation was real and if Christ is the only way, and the answer is NO and Yes. I was also showing if someone could see past what I wrote and see that it was the prayer that was answered and if you could not see that than how can you understand the bible.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I don't believe that Buddha said anything like what is purported in the OP. Buddha never talked about sin or salvation or angels. In fact, I don't think that Buddha fancied himself a "prophet" at all.

Buddha taught "The Way" and Jesus did echo many of his teachings.

Buddha taught reincarnation and many Buddhist believe that ascended masters do choose to reenter this life to assist with others trapped in their karma, like the 14th Dalai Lama. Jesus certainly could have been one of these ascended masters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join