It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: Americans Turn Out in Droves to Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
As Americans go to the polls in what may be the closes election in history, election officials are bracing for what also may be a record turn out. As both candidates wrap up their campaigns and begin the long wait for results, Bush in the White House, and Kerry in Boston, officials indicate that the turnout may be as high as 117 million to 121 million.

apnews.myway.com
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush and challenger John Kerry fought to the wire in their long, bitter race for the White House on Tuesday as Americans turned out in droves to choose between their embattled wartime president and a Democrat who vigorously questioned the invasion of Iraq.

"I've given it my all," the Republican said after voting at a Crawford, Texas, firehouse.

Kerry, a four-term Massachusetts senator, got teary-eyed as he thanked his staff for a campaign's worth of work. "We made the case for change," he said before voting at the Massachusetts Statehouse.

Alongside the first presidential election since the Sept. 11 attacks, control of Congress was at stake as Bush's fellow Republicans sought to extend their hold on the House and Senate. A full roster of propositions and local offices filled ballots nationwide.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This would be the highest percentage sine 1960. Many voters have expressed relief that the long campaign, the most expensive in history, is now over. Exit poll thus far have shown that voters are concerned about Terrorism, economy, and moral values as key election points. Aside from the presidential election, all the House seats are up and one third of the Senate seats. The Democrats are hoping to possible gain a majority in one or both, the Republicans hope to hold it.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am so happy to hear that turn out for the election is this high. It's about time, IMHO, that American's take responsibility for their vote again. I don't care who you vote for, just get out and vote.

new topics

join