It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Amounts Of Sick Psychopaths Post On ATS In The World War III Forum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by Red Cloak

I think most of it is just for shock value, to see what kinds of reactions they can get out of people. Apparently a lot of people are entertained by that kind of thing.

Also, I doubt they are all psychopaths, more likely bored kids. And not all psychopaths are pro war. Wars are generally very inconvenient. Kind of a broad and unfair brush to be painting with.

I am not saying they are sociopaths. I am saying they are psychopaths. Which they most definitely are if we take the posts seriously. By any measure or definition that would make them psychopaths.

Ok so how do we resolve this issue (if you think its an issue). Most of the times, people ignore them or we just dont have the time to change the world as it is full of people that we dislike due to several reasons. Sometimes it can backfire other times it can work to their benefit if we approach/type words that appeal to them.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Instead, how about you defeat their argument with one of your own.
Well its a good point but at times we dont know who's on the other side of the screen. It could be a 'Jared Loughner'/Colorado Shooter type who just might vent it out into the open on general public.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

If you put what he's referencing into the context of each conversation, it will be fearmongering and strategy nerds, not warmongering.

It'll be defensive tactics talked about in a preemptive manner.

It'll be hysterical jokes and nervous laughter, because of hopelessness, not madness.

He's making it seem as if people have some blood lust, but in reality, they are just scared, or intrigued by the nature of war strategy.

If I had to guess, I would say 99% of the posts he's referring to were made by either scared people, strategy intrigued nerds, or just people trying to data mine the users - not actual psychopaths.

After all, it's the ww3 forum - it inspires crazy talk and hopelessness. It's like going to a football game and saying people scream too much.

There's no problem to fix.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Not to mention there are younger kids/teens on ATS and pretty much many use the video game lingo/analogy. Which they'll eventually outgrow themselves from IMO.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Or they'll go into politics or government service jobs where they can act out their fantasies in RL.
2nd

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

IMO in real life it would be extremely difficult to find a true psychopath because most of the time they are extremely good at hiding their insane thoughts and projecting themselves as being normal people. At least that's what I hear on TV

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Op, you willingly went into a forum where talk about such things and scenarios is the norm. Is it sick or twisted to go into a hunting forum and listen to people talk about cutting off heads and disembowling?

I think your a crybaby, and need a good kick in the chair warmer to jumpstart your critical thinking skills, if they exist at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Do not forget PSYOPS
Its a big thing. Many times its the bots responding via automated phrases/words. Many online media/newspaper companies have already employed them. Lets not also forget they're also used on social networking websites too (FAKE_PROPOGANDA_FRIENDS_MEMBERS) used by many countries. Do not be surprised if someone from a totally different nation is responding to many threads but only attempting to stir the pot with 'psychopathetic' statements and to further fuel the fire between ATS members from other nations (ex: Between US and CHINA or US and UK or US and ME countries etc etc)
Technology is wonderful but it also has its drawbacks when misused.

edit on 4-4-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Although i respect your comments and totally understand your point of view OP i just had a look at your posting history concerning WWIII.

Correct me if i am wrong but you have contributed also to those threads and in a couple of them you actually also mention carrying out Thermo nuclear war...

In my opinion, your comments also added to firing up some of the other comments that you disagree with.

*scratches head*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-4-2013 by Rodinus because: word added

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Did you get inspired by my thread two days before yours, or do we just think alike ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
smh
edit on 4-4-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

So....

Those people are psychopaths for talking about dropping nuclear bombs on other countries.... but Kim Jong Un is not a psychopath for threatening to drop nuclear boms on Austin, Texas?

Hypocrite much? Yes you are, because I know exactly what thread you are talking about, and I know your posting history.

Hypocrite!

I didn't see the OP mention North Korea, it's leader, or his craziness.

The thread is about ATS members who blatantly show their lust for blood and war and justify this lust with twisted versions of reality which cater to their own deluded ideas which in my opinion are usually based on blind patriotic pride that has been caused by years of indoctrination by the media and school systems, either that or they are just obvious trolls/shills.

Your attempt to attack the OP was a weak excuse for character assassination and in my opinion was meant to derail the discussion.

So now, can you please remind me how the OP is a hypocrite?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This topic is being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

<< 1   >>

join