It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leak reveals more than $32trn stashed in Offshore Accounts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Offshore financial industry leak exposes identities of 1,000s of holders of anonymous wealth from around the world

www.guardian.co.uk...

Just all over the news atm, so I'd like to share this.
This just blows my mind, $32 Trillion (!) just stashed away in offshore tax-havens like the british virgin islands. That's enough money to solve this whole financial crisis in one go, there are clues that this money was not taxed properly... But I'm afraid nothing will happen about it and noone will be sued over this.
Opinions ATS?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well if the money was hidden there to avoid taxes then they should be held accountable.

If it was taxed then placed there to avoid future taxes I say good for them.

Sure its a lot of money and could pay off the debts but that isn't the point. The governments would just run up the debt again and need their money tomorrow.

The government brings in plenty of revenue to solve their problems, they just don't spend it wisely. Taking all of this money would be like flushing it down the toilet.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Talliostro

Icij.org is already offline at times (service unavailable). Perhaps high traffic or DoS attack.
The leaked data are 10 times more data than the wikileaks data altogether are
This is the biggest fraud ever made public.
What will happen now? War! To avoid attention and to focus attention of the poor towards more important events.

www.cbc.ca...

premiumtimesng.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Oh I didn't want to promote a seizure of this money to "solve" all our problems. I agree, that a seizure would just kickstart a new crisis. If there is illegal money (ha I don't doubt that at least) in some accounts, than there should be legal action. But the amout of money there is just so insanly high, propably tucked away by banksters, criminals, corrupt politicians...

War in Korea to solve this in silence, when the plebs is distracted? Maybe, but I think this 2 news aren't really related.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I am soo looking forward until they start releasing all the names. I'm just hoping our current government officials are tied into this leak. It would be the ultimate dream come true

In the Canadian CBC news articles, 2 names were released. Lawyer Merchant and his money loving wife, Senator Merchant.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Majes

Jolly good. Also waiting for our governement officials names. This is a planetary, a global event.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If your country had the lower tax rate then that money would be in your country.

Lets take America,

if america droped its tax rate to 2%, 32 trillion dollars would flud the markets making an economic boom. Raise taxes and that money runs to lower taxed countrys.

Economics 101
edit on 4-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Thatcher did that in the UK, higher rate taxes were 90% when she came to office.

She dropped them to 40%, and upped the penalties for evasion, collected something extra like 100x more tax that year as it wasn't worth the risk to stash it and the tax band was more acceptable.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Over here in France, there is a major scandal going on because a minister was caught with a swiss bank account with a lot of undeclared money. There is NOTHING else on the tv or radio but that. The country is in such a huge craze, no mention of North Korea anywhere.... I am almost expecting to see some heads roll, literally.

And it is such a smaller amount. I kinda find myself wishing other nations would get this riled up about those nasty goings-on.

edit on 4-4-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Talliostro

Everyone should be paying attention to this, spread the word. I do agree that war could spring up to distract the people from realizing the modern slavery we live in, to support these international crooks.

We need another French Revolution. :p
Globally.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Isnt paying taxes what caused all of our problems in the first place?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Its mostly dead money. If 32 trillion were to flood the economy tomorrow, it would lead to a dive of the dollar, because suddenly there is 32 trillion more of those to go around.

As it is its just lying around doing nothing.

new topics

top topics

join