It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why some planets don't have life.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenpachi7

Science is a lie created by the Illuminati to keep the masses distracted from reality

yep, because your interpretation of a video game is reality... HAHAHAHA

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

Actually, on that note, you suggest the Illuminati are deliberately distracting the masses from reality, yet on the other hand you say they are "illuminating" so to speak, the masses about reality in the form of video game plots, not codes or hidden symbols - plots.

ahh every once in a while i see these threads, and don't know if they are good trolls or serious.

There are some games that i wish were real, and take me to another place, but come on man. I grew up playing quake and was able to discern the difference between an artist's creativity and hidden messages.
edit on 4-4-2013 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
kdog1982, Thanks for the update, I will try and catch it soon. I usually like 80s movies anyway.

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
reply to post by kenpachi7

Since we talk science fiction i'll quote a famous Star Trek line: "It's life,Jim, but not as we know it"

You propably mean that some planets don't have humanoid life. Because even a bacteria is considered life.
We know from extreme enviroments, here on Earth, that some forms of life can survive in extreme high or low temperatures or in the bottom of the sea.

Following this logic and knowing a little to nothing about the universe, we can assume tht certain forms of life can survive in planets with high or low gravity/high or low temperatures, that would kill humanoids.

If these lifeforms are able to create a technological civilazation is a matter of another discussion, but still they are life. I'm not saying that every planet that exists in the universe is ihabitable by any life form, i say that planets that seem uninhabitable by humanoids can sustain life.

I made a post on extremeophiles.

It is hard to say for sure but when the word "life" is used, especially for laypeople, they are thinking of something more complex than bacteria. Bacteria is amazingly powerful but even still we have bacteria here on earth that has not changed for millions, well actually billions of years with cyanobacteria. So it is true that it seems Cyanobacteria is one requirement.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Science is a lie? So why do we have computers? Planes? Cars? Ships? Medical treatment? Why are you on this website using an Internet connection? All these things were caused by scientists! Seriously, that post about science being a lie was rather...funny.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Cause space is the most dangerous environment known to man, and a planet with out a proper atmosphere can't support life and reflect harmful radiation from it star. Also there are planets that have atmosphere but lets say Venus, you would be literally boiled or dissolved by its hostile environment, also you would be breathing acidic air.

Planets with rings just seem to have a very high gravity, and gravity just does it thing making the ring. It all just cloud of dust and rock, but big enough to see like Saturn for example. Also Jupiter and Neptune(cant remember) also have a ring, it just not as noticeable of Jupiter.

Space ain't no playground.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I played the Halo games about 6 years ago, full of religious references.

The rings were in a sense Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
They were to destroy all sentient life when the flood was bound and also act as a Ark a bit like a seed bank of all biological life that ever existed that were to release the 'seeds' when the terrible flood was gone.

Many many more religious references but I can't be bothered to mention them as they have all been probably wrote about on ATS I can imagine

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You must be trolling, if not then i'm worried.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadhatterTheGreat
First stop playing Halo.

Secondly, no. The reason some planets don't have life is because they are unable to sustain life and lack all the necessary organisms/bacteria, etc. to create life, and some are too far or too close to their star (if they even have one) to meet the necessary temperatures. It's called science, not Halo.

Doh! Organisms/bacteria ARE life! what you probably meant is chemicals/compounds etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

phew, ok. You have not really looked into astronomy at all, have you?

Here is a little hint. Google the term "habitable zone".

A whole new world of knowledge will open itself up for you, I promise.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

Keep living in your little life of science, most of the people on earth are sheep!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
For the love of God man, when you turn 18 do not join the military because....

YOU DON'T RESPAWN

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

It amazes me the hubris of anyone that declares that life does not exist in a location that they know a bit more than nothing, consider the fact that even on Earth life is so prevalent that it is found almost everywhere, add to that the hypothesis that life was not even started on this blue planet and the probabilities grow exponentially.

In any case I would require not only an in loco (presential) observation (not done by remote instrumentals and layers of complexity) and also verified by a second independent group, as to declare something as simple as "we haven't detected life in " . The best response is simply state the truth "so far hasn't been able to detect life elsewhere" (even stating mankind or we would be disingenuous, since institutions and organizations have their own goals and objectives and only a few can grant them representation right in determining negatives (a negative is never provable, except in mathematics and absence is only proven by contradiction, the presence of something that excludes the other).
edit on 9-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
For the love of God man, when you turn 18 do not join the military because....

YOU DON'T RESPAWN

Oh, I don't know, after I joined the Army I respawned a lot, sometimes in places you ought not. Like Rick's Lounge on Hay Street.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenpachi7
reply to post by Nightaudit

Keep living in your little life of science, most of the people on earth are sheep!

I don't know why you always have to be judging me, just because I only believe in science.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There are other earth-like planets out there but it does seem that the universe is filled with relatively barren planets. Why do we need an exotic explanation for this?

Advanced technology could certainly make such barrens planets habitable, especially if we consider that most advanced alien species live underground. It makes so much sense. Such dwellings would be easier to secure.

Another disadvantage to your world is that human beings live above ground, which is not preferred by most advanced races. Underground settlements have proven to be far more effective and accommodating, especially when you are actively engaged with other Greater Community powers. This gives you greater security and a greater opportunity to protect your physical resources and your population at large.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join