It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you SERIOUS? What is WRONG with society?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The concept of the cultural paradigm has been largely anonymized: we don't have to wait for "thought leaders" to introduce a paradigm shift or identify it when it happens, but in consequence we've also lost the ability to pin-point specific subcultures as the engines of prevailing thought. One hundred years ago you could point at a single small circle of cafe-goers in a city somewhere in Europe or America and say "These crackpots, what are they trying now?" and of course what that really means is "These are the vanguard of the next movement in thought." But we can't really do that anymore, because, through the internet, thinking is a part-time job. Full-time creators are increasingly dominated by for-profit creators, and their works are designed to suit the market (think Hollywood). Amateurs have unprecedented opportunity, these days, to be the leaders in their fields, but nobody is going to remember their names.

This isn't just the case in cultural fields, by the way. The same changes are happening across society--what was the last major "popular" scientific discovery to be attributed to a single person? When the last generation of "classical" (in the cultural sense) physicists dies out, when the Penroses and the Hawkings are gone, who will we hold up as our "geniuses" then? The more important a paper these days, the more names cover its first pages. Principle Investigators be damned, everyone gets to take turns.

I think I've diverged from the topic at hand a bit, but I hope you see what I'm getting at.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In answer to your question in the OP that you very carrrefully qualified yourself with cover for not really doing anything, I suggest that those other people did exactly as you did, nothing except to go talk about what glimpses of nasty life they had just witnessed. Typically human response. Don't beat yourself up too badly over it, because that seems exactly what you were doing in an arm's distancing way when you project on to other people your exact same actions. More or less.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I feel ya, OP.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Its unfortunate but stuff like that happens. Seen more times than i like to. You get used to it

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

What's wrong with society? What's wrong is that they turn their head the other way and ignore the injustice and suffering of others.

What's wrong is the "not my problem" mentality that infects the majority of people.

Evil triumphs when good men and good women do naught

Yes, I'm talkin' 'bout you, OP. Take a stand, grow a spine--be the the best of what society has to offer.
edit on 5-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
They are scared of bullies. That's the problem. The people watching were garbage

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but this sentence cracked me up:

Alright, so about an hour ago, my mum gave me a ride to subway in town, because I was craving a footlong.

It was like a mixture of Napoleon Dynamite "can you pull me into town" and the "I woke up to get me a cold pop" lady.

Again, I have a twisted sense of humor, carry on.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Bioshock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A crime is a crime. I know of no crime done out of love so I guess all are hate crimes unless it is against a white person. If it had been a white man being beaten nobody would have done anything either.

The fear people have of being called childish names (birther, truther, tin foil hatter, nut job, racist, etc) has created a society afraid to speak out against evil. We now have a society of jibbering mindless morons who agree with anything the controlled media/government propaganda machine has pounded into their pea sized brains.

It is time to awaken and stop focusing on things that don't matter such as gay marriage and political correctness. These are created to divide and conquer while the zionist mafia destroys our society through deception. Research false flags like 9/11 and Sandy Hook while we still can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join