It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Approves Nuclear Strike On America

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

What North Korea *could* do is launch a nuclear attack against non-continental US territory (Guam comes to mind) or against an ally (Japan or South Korea). In either case, the US response would (rightly) be apocalyptic.

You're ignoring the best delivery system of all. Sticking a large nuke inside a shipping container amongst other shipping containers on a cargo boat from a proxy origin, and detonating a nuke in a continental US port. If I was NK, this is how I would do it. Bypasses missile defense systems, is difficult to detect, and is within NK's current ability to do. Of course, you can bet the US generals are well aware of it too...

And of course this is their only current means of delivery. One things experts unanimously agree upon is that North Korea is years away from miniaturization small enough to mount on a missile, artillery or even air dropped bomb add they do not have bombers nearly large enough.

No idea why so many people here believe NK is capable of launching nuclear capable missiles or artillery. Almost every single article released on this subject states this fact. Building the bomb is half the work, miniaturization is the other half.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChehystPewpur
not sure what this is worth to you guys but I'm just saying what I know. I don't think our govt is taking this as lightly as they say they are. reason for thinking so. I seen my first string of military dual rotor helicopters yesterday moving from the northern military base in my state to the south. and all day today they've had atleast one military chopper circling the GM building I work at. most likely due to the fact this plant is converted over to a tank plant during wartime. just sayin take it for what it's worth to you but I'm keeping my eyes open and ears to the ground.

Right now have military jets flying over sounds like they are heading out to sea, it is a rare thing for military to be over us North end of CA coast.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
iv avoided these nkorea threads

but i got to weigh in...

what we have here, is a young hot head, with a red button.

i say not to provoke him..as hes authorised by his people, and has adopted a nuclear force

though i do sense that its all a big bluff...he can talk the talk, but if he was to launch an attack. i think he would become isolated and the world would back us, in serving some liberty

for queen n country
god save the queen

lol

peace

why cant we understand that everytime we sanction their people, he gains more support from them in justifying these "anxious" decisions
we need to teach them that what they have set up, is a reaction to negativity....where is the love

lol... i make myself smile
edit on 4-4-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

I can only imagine what it would be like to become a young leader with all the dictators around you being taken out. The ones who had no nukes as deterrent that is. How would I behave if i were in his shoes.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

How would I behave if i were in his shoes.

Here's what I'd NOT do.

1) defy the world's only superpower.

2) defy the wishes of my closest allies.

3) directly threaten nuclear attack to a nation I can't reach, but can turn me into ash

Here's what I WOULD do.

1) Comply with disarmament.

2) Help my people.

3) Become a world citizen and take care of my people, even if it means one less play date with an American celebrity per year.

Just food for thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilation T Cornpone
A lot of the focus seems to assume the nuclear threat potentially coming from a launched North Korean missile ...Kim Jong Un himself describes the method of delivery, however, as "lighter, smaller, and diversified".

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Given the relative limited range of their missile technology, might we be looking in the wrong place? The notion of there ever being the existence of a "suitcase nuke" has been debunked by many experts, but what if the delivery method is equally as diabolically compact and undetectable. Certainly, the statement "smaller, lighter and diversified" might lead one to believe that these warheads may not be mounted on a missile at all. Perhaps we are watching one hand and not paying attention to what the other one is doing. The map of nuclear targets that includes cities not just on the West coast, but also Austin, Texas and Washington D.C. would seem to indicate a longer range delivery method.

Completely disregarding the fact that a launched nuke or North Korean bomber plane would never make it over the Pacific without being intercepted, we underestimate Kim Jong Un and the North Korean Army at our own peril. I don't think it's any secret the rumors they've been potentially working with other rogue states on the development of a nuclear weapon. What if they've stumbled onto something that has become the catalyst behind Kim Jong Un's recent amped up bravado against the U.S., South Korea, and Japan?

What if higher ranking officials in U.S. (and other countries') intelligence know about it? And what if this threat is the reason behind the sudden bolstering of forces in the region from not just the U.S., but China and Russia as well, when in past instances the rhetoric has been dealt with on a more diplomatic level?

There is something very different and unsettling about this otherwise routine situation with DPRK this time around. And I'm pretty sure there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than the probably 10% we the public are privy to. We need only to observe current multi-national troop and supply movements to ascertain the seriousness of things right now in that region of the World. That China, their largest ally, has taken a hardline stance against the North Koreans' actions of late is telling.

I pray this situation can be diffused peacefully rather than ending in the mutually assured destruction of all parties on the Korean peninsula.
edit on 4/5/2013 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: edited link

Probably bribed their way into Mexico with a nuke and have drug cartels aiming it about now.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I offer a short worse case scenario that should perhaps make us think ( well, I say worse case, but I guess worse case would be the Chinese joining in on the NK side, so maybe 2nd worse case).

Pyongyang day 1..... The Dear Leader survives a second assassination attempt directed by 4 top military leaders.
Travelling to his secret hardened underground bunker in his armoured train, he realises that the end game is in sight.
He is losing control of the military & can see no way to retain his power. His ego & face will not let him back down.
On arrival at the bunker, he consults with his remaining loyal military brass & decides the time has come to execute operation Glory.
This has long been planned against such an eventuality. The remainder of the day is spent checking that all is finally in place.

Secret Bunker day 2.... All elements of the grand plan are in place; all that remains is to give the final order.
It is decided that the plan will commence at 2, when the workforce in Seoul will be at its highest (over 20 million people).

13:30 local time... All final checks are complete; the 3 forward advance units of 200,000 men each, complete with self propelled artillery, medium tanks & mobile missile silos are in place in the massive tunnels excavated under the DMZ, which terminate within 5 miles of Seoul itself.
Special forces spearhead the columns, including chemical & biological warfare units.
Three additional smaller shallow tunnels lead directly underneath central Seoul & it's two main concentrations of urban housing.
These now host 3 X 55-kiloton Atomic bombs.
14:00 local time.... The Dear Leader gives the signal for operation Glory to commence.
10,000 large artillery pieces open fire on the SK forces along the DMZ. Concentrating on 3 potential break through points.
60 Kosan & other long range artillery pieces recently obtained from China or locally constructed to Chinese plans open a barrage on Seoul, firing approximately 4 shells a minute.
The shelling mixture is roughly 75% explosive, 20% chemical & 5% biological.
Within 10 minutes SK & US counter strikes from ground & air based missiles has silenced 40 of these large guns & after a further 5 minutes all long range guns have been disabled.
But in the meanwhile about 1/4 of Seoul lies in ruins, after the initial barrage of 3,200 shells. About 40,000 SK civilians have died and another 25,000 are in need of medical assistance.

Meanwhile, timed to coincide with the shelling, a massed missile attack is launched on the 4 main US bases in SK, with a total of 4,000 missiles fired near simultaneously at each base, overwhelming defences & causing mass damage & casualties to US personnel.
Concurrently, 70 longer-range missiles are launched at an unsuspecting Tokyo & another 50 at the US base on Guam.
40 of the 70 get through & hit down town Tokyo, killing 4,500 civilians on impact & another 1,500 in the resultant fires.
10 of these missiles carried accelerated Anthrax, Smallpox & Cholera pathogens. Before these were eliminated, a further 250,000 innocents would lose their lives & Tokyo & surrounding areas would be isolated for 3 weeks. No missiles made it through the US defences to Guam.
14:15 local time.... As news comes in that the large guns have been silenced, the Dear Leader clenches his fist, gives a bent arm salute & orders the start of phase two.
All three atom bombs explode, approximately 2/3 of Seoul is totally destroyed, causing 2.8 million immediate civilian deaths, with a further estimated 250,000 to follow due to radiation effects.
The 3 tunnels are opened & the Special Forces emerge (90,000 men) & rapidly make their way into an almost undefended Seoul, with orders to show no mercy & inflict as many civilian casualties as possible. It is later estimated that a further 250,000 civilians lost their lives to these forces.
As the atom bombs went off, activated sleeper cells in the USA began blowing dams, taking down electricity supplies & introducing pathogens to the water supply. A state of general alert was issued in the US mainland & all known NK resources rounded up.
At almost the same instance, a 200-Kiloton atom bomb in a container aboard a Nigerian registered but NK owned container ship in the port of South Louisiana & an atom bomb of the same size aboard a Burmese cargo airliner at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago explode.
750,000 Americans are killed or seriously injured & these two major USA trade points are put out of action for the foreseeable future. All sea & air traffic to the USA is immediately stopped & every ship & plane in the USA searched. Another 3 atomic weapons are found aboard various African & Middle Eastern registered cargo ships.

PART TWO FOLLOWS

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
15:00 local time.... The order is given for the main advance on SK. 600,000 men pour out of the tunnels. Their main objectives are to advance as far into SK as possible as quickly as possible & to hold this advanced line so that the shorter-range artillery can be brought forward to extend their range into SK.
At the same time, 50,000 special forces troops begin their journey to SK, using fast speedboats, hovercraft, Patrol boats, disguised commercial vessels already off SK coast & aeroplane / helicopter insertions, in an attempt to get behind the US / SK lines.
Their orders are to avoid military confrontations where possible & to inflict as much infrastructure damage & civilian casualties as possible.

US / SK air support & targeted ground & naval bombardment take a terrible toll of these advancing forces & tens of thousands are slaughtered in the first days.
This, along with low moral, near starvation rations & the effect of seeing how the SK population really lived has it's effect & as many as 25% of the NK forces are believed to have deserted during the first two days of battle.
SK / USA achieve air superiority within 4 hours of the assault starting.

18:00… An attack by 20 NK mini subs on SK naval & commercial vessels in port has started. Tactics are to hug the coastline to evade SK / USA sonar / radar.
Before all 20 are put out of action 2 weeks later, over 100 vessels are sunk, including 3 major SK
& 1 minor US military vessels. As SK / USA vessels put out to sea to avoid this, a further 40 are sunk or damaged by 40 Sang-O subs.
The whereabouts of 15 of the 20 large NK Romeo class (1,800 ton 9,000 mile range) subs is unknown.
PART THREE FOLLOWS

23:00 local time.... Reports from all over the world are coming in. The NK Romeo class subs are targeting US, SK & Japanese civilian shipping worldwide, preferring to attack in shallow coastal waters to evade radar & sonar.
USA suspect ports in Iran & Venezuela are being used for refuelling / re-supply & repair.
By the time the last Romeo surrendered 30 days later, most had been located & destroyed, but they had sunk over 100 non-military vessels & driven the cost of maritime insurance sky high. Their most lasting damage however was when 8 of them slipped unnoticed into the Persian Gulf & destroyed 20 oil wells then sunk 8 oil tankers, blocking the Strait of Hormuz.
2 of the 8 Romeos had been modified to launch short & medium range missiles. These launched & landed over 200 missiles on the unprotected Saudi oil fields, setting them ablaze, before they were located & sunk by the Royal Saudi air force.
This caused unprecedented oil & environmental crises that rocked the world for years after.

Secret Bunker day 3... Reports are coming in of massive NK causalities, surrender & desertion rates. The Dear Leader orders all units to hold firm, dig in where they are & fight to the death. US / SK drone attacks & bombing raids on NK infrastructure are at their highest, cause massive infrastructure damage. However, this does not affect the military much as all facilities are hardened & so are communications channels.

Secret Bunker day 4.... The Us / SK carnage of NK troops continues. Fuel and other NK essential supplies are running dangerously low. The NK plan to refuel from captured SK petrol stations & storage facilities has not worked, as SK have destroyed any likely to be captured by NK forces.
The Dear Leader orders a general controlled retreat, back to well defended prepared points in NK, using the tunnels to move the bulk of troops.
The general NK population has been mobilised, so forces now consist of the remainder of the advanced forces, another 3.3 million trained reservists & about 9 million poorly armed very basically trained civilians.

PART THREE FOLLOWS

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Secret Bunker days 5 through 29... The same story is repeated every day. US / SK forces slowly advance into NK, against determined resistance by special forces & the remaining front line troops. US / SK air raids cause untold casualties and damage, but NK do not surrender. The mountainous terrain & bad weather slow the US / SK advance.
In this war, there is no such thing as a NK civilian. US / SK troops are ordered to treat everyone as enemy combatants.
US / SL forces learnt this early on the hard way, when troops advancing through villages where fired on by civilians, including women & children. One of the hardest things the US / SK forces had to face was a mass attack on their advancing columns by a 100,000 strong "rag tag" army made up of mainly elderly people, women & children, mixed with special forces & "politicals" driving the people on. These people would not surrender & died horribly in the 10's of thousands.
NK military communications have been degrading rapidly, to the point where eventually just 4 main control centres, including this secret bunker, are operational. Control of armed forces, apart from the elite troops guarding these bunkers has been lost. Units are still fighting hard & holding out against US / SK forces, but it is now more guerilla warfare than organised resistance.
The average NK civilian, after 3 generations of brainwashing, is still loyal to the Dear Leader, who is considered by many to be a god on earth. A fair percentage of the population is still prepared to die defending the homeland & the Dear Leader.

Secret Bunker day 30.... US / SK forces advance to within 15 miles of the bunker. The ultimate end for the Dear Leader is at hand. He issues a final filmed message to his people, urging them to fight on, never surrender whatever happens, even if he is killed.
His Special Forces estimate that approximately 250,000 SK troops & 75,000 US troops are within range of the 5 pre-positioned crude 350 Kiloton atomic weapons, guarded by his most loyal troops.
He gives the final order, and the 5 weapons detonate simultaneously, immediately killing 60,000 SK / US troops, 45,000 NK troops & civilians & taking the NK leadership, including the Dear Leader with it.

Aftermath...

The NK Prime Minister officially surrendered the following day, but over 1,000,000 NK special forces / troops & civilians refused to surrender, so for years afterwards, combined forces from the UN, SK, USA & NK have been fighting a protracted guerilla war against the "brothers of heaven" as they styled themselves. This shows no sign of ever coming to an end.
They are kept going by a fairly large civilian backing & are believed to be heavily backed secretly by the Chinese.
Tales of atrocities committed by these forces against what they consider to be traitors regularly come out.
NK is now referred to as the "new Afghanistan".
Hordes of NK civilians had streamed over the Chinese border, up to 8 million were believed to have fled.
They were held in Chinese refugee camps near the border & eventually forcefully returned.
The international community unanimously condemned the Chinese treatment of them, holding them in near starvation conditions & shooting those that tried to escape the camps.
NK is pushing heavily for reunification with SK under peaceful terms, as it is now ready to rejoin the international community.
The South will not even discuss it, as they cannot afford the burden of a large, ill educated, backwards population, especially when the bills are still coming in for the war effort.
For years afterwards the NK people have been a heavy burden on international aid, as lack of government control, flooding, drought, famine & constant low-level warfare have taken their toll.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I still do not understand why the US military has not pin pointed out Kim"s compound via satellite imagery for crying out loud and then send either FBI agents or the Navy SEALS Team SIX who took out Bin Laden. We have the technology for this, but we are not adopting it.

edit on 5-4Apr-132013 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by darpa999
I still do not understand why the US military has not pin pointed out Kim"s compound via satellite imagery for crying out loud and then send either FBI agents or the Navy SEALS Team SIX who took out Bin Laden. We have the technology for this, but we are not adopting it.

edit on 5-4Apr-132013 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that will go over well

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

3) Become a world citizen and take care of my people, even if it means one less play date with an American celebrity per year.

I was thinking that "play date" may have been him TRYING to become a world citizen. People reacted badly to the move. he was not the one that put his country where it is now, maybe he hoped he could change things but saw that he would not be accepted.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, its pretty obvious that Kim isnt so smart. Because If I were to attack a nation I wouldnt even make threats or announce them to the media. So he aint got no brains so to speak.

It would be a "suprise" attack.

I think its just a "power trip" so he can stand up to the world as being the most evil so-called terrorist to the world.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by harbour45
reply to post by frazzle

See the thing is that you took my ONE post and my ONE comment and made it about something completely different from the topic of this thread even. I am on your side….I know that the ones in the background are the ones really running the show and so on and so on, I don't need to be educated about that but thanks.

Okay, so here is your ENTIRE post. The whole thing boiled down to the one comment I responded to: "THEY ARE TRULY EVIL" It didn't seem necessary to quote more than that. But since you asked ...

I totally agree with your friend and I haven't ever been there and don't ever want to go. They are TRULY EVIL and I wish there was a way for all those gov tyrants to be shot up by their own nukes they hide behind. We have seen a glimpse here and there of what they've done to their own people (when someone manages to sneak a camera in the wrong direction) but we can't truly grasp the horrors those millions of poor defenseless people go through every single day of their miserable lives. The last article I read about NK involved the discovery that some people are starving so badly that some have resorted to eating their own children….it sounds absolutely crazy but I can bet it's true. So sicking isn't it.

It really is sickening, you know ~ the way people can never see a place but read a single article and believe it is god's truth and that there is nothing else worth knowing.

en.wikipedia.org...

Speaking of education, NK has a literacy rate of 99%. Compare that with the 80% Illiteracy rate in New York and ask yourself why our leaders keep telling us we need to pay more taxes for school lunch programs because kids without full bellies can't learn. So if N Korean kids are starving, how do they do it?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

What North Korea *could* do is launch a nuclear attack against non-continental US territory (Guam comes to mind) or against an ally (Japan or South Korea). In either case, the US response would (rightly) be apocalyptic.

You're ignoring the best delivery system of all. Sticking a large nuke inside a shipping container amongst other shipping containers on a cargo boat from a proxy origin, and detonating a nuke in a continental US port. If I was NK, this is how I would do it. Bypasses missile defense systems, is difficult to detect, and is within NK's current ability to do. Of course, you can bet the US generals are well aware of it too...

And of course this is their only current means of delivery. One things experts unanimously agree upon is that North Korea is years away from miniaturization small enough to mount on a missile, artillery or even air dropped bomb add they do not have bombers nearly large enough.

No idea why so many people here believe NK is capable of launching nuclear capable missiles or artillery. Almost every single article released on this subject states this fact. Building the bomb is half the work, miniaturization is the other half.

What if it were right here in the USA since long ago. Not many incoming containers are checked, they used to be checked even less. China owns ports in the US also. There are possibilities for sure nothing is known until after the fact everytime something big goes down in the world.

The Terrorist Threat in Cargo Containers

Two years ago, South Korea's busiest port installed a $3.5 million scanner to check U.S.-bound shipping containers for nuclear weapons. The machine sits idle, however, because truckers won't drive through it. They're afraid of radiation exposure. That means about 1.9 million containers left Busan for American ports last year without U.S.-mandated screening. Singapore and Hong Kong, the world's busiest and third-busiest ports, also don't participate. Fewer than 1 percent of the 14.5 million cargo boxes reaching the U.S. by water are scanned abroad for terrorist threats, the U.S. government says.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
thursday 4th has passed please close thread

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by minibigs

This is all actually some really good analysis, assuming he really was that desperate in using chemical, biological, and nuclear attacks. I do think you may be downplaying the effectiveness of missile defense systems and air superiority, as well as overestimating the accuracy and number of effective NK missiles, but you did paint it as a "worst case" scenario..... Excellent posts, hope folks read them, despite the length.

I'm not so sure they could actually mobilize near that number of troops either in those places, and their special forces on the sea would be lambs to the slaughter...but you really put a lot of time and thought into it.

thursday 4th has passed please close thread

After 23 pages of member content? I might as well wear a white robe and white pointed hat in Harlem.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by minibigs

As of April 4th 2013, we have reached the 3:00pm hour in the Day of the Lord (Pentecost 2012 to Pentecost 2013). Jesus Christ was put to death at 3:00pm on Passover 31 AD.

I find not only your scenario fascinating but the timeframe of it more so... 29 days to bring down the USA. (almost 2 hours, or 3:01pm to 5:00pm).

Leaving 15 days remaining (1 hour) until Pentecost 2013 (6:00pm, the end of the Day).

"and the 10 horns (of the Beast) which you saw, are 10 kings (governmental leaders) and they gave their power to the Beast for one hour..."

The 10 nation unification of Europe (the Beast) occurs as a result of the removeal of the USA as the global superpower.

Your scenario varies only slightly from what God has revealed wil soon come to pass, but your timing I find remarkable!... thus the remark lol

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback on this.

As I am fairly new to all this, especially the military analysis aspect, I appreciate all feedback & discussion.
This will hopefully improve the content & accuracy of anything I do in the same vein in the future, so don't hesitate to comment & criticise; I will take it in the constructive spirit that was intended.

It was meant to portray the worse possible series of events I could imagine that still fell within feasible boundaries .
I decided to investigate the NK situation in depth, as what I was hearing in the MSM did not seem to add up.
This lead to me analysing the NK military, in as much as one can, given their secretive nature & conflicting reports.
I must admit I found it all strangely fascinating.... I think I might have found a new hobby! I will look into Iran next I think.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
And then our dear leaders mouthpiece says this today.....I think the White House knows a lot more than they want us to know about NKs capabilities.

White House won't be surprised if NK launches missiles

Video can be seen here.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It amazes me that people don't see the bigger picture.

All fat boy has to do s make 1 attempt on SK and shtf.

It doesn't matter if he can't make a big splash.....he just has to try.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join