It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Approves Nuclear Strike On America

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
reply to post by Jubilation T Cornpone

This clip was back in the 50's. It is a Nuclear Howitzer shell.(obviously modified configuration) I can't remember the yield, somewhere around 1 to 5 kilotons. It's efficient, small and real as of 60 years ago and it wouldn't be too daunting a task to whip one of these together with other delivery methods, even ad lib.

OK, that is the sh!t nightmares are made of........ That was back in the 50's??? Just "imagine" what we got now, or anyone for that matter.......shudder

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ndc86

Land value? North Korea has nothing, thats alot of development opportunities and alot of money just sitting untapped and unlit. Then you factor in the people of N Korea, living like animals forever, give them a taste of what their Southern cousins have...unify the whole damn country, slap in some McDonalds's and you got a new profit center. Much more useful then N. Korea is at this point.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Wow! 1 to 5 kilotons is still alot as this video shows. And they wouldn't need much more than that to make a statement on the international scene.

Their tests of late have all been focusing around a more miniaturized delivery method, including this 7 kiloton detonation back in February:

news.antiwar.com...

This lends some credence to the feeling that they may not intend to attach these warheads to missiles at all. They may have other plans for how these miniaturized nukes will reach their destination. The heads of the North Korean military are not dumb. They know that if they plan on hitting the U.S. mainland they'd have to find a way to get across the Pacific Ocean and around our defenses. And these defenses are no secret for the most part. They know that to make a statement and to have any chance at all at victory, they'd have to have the capability to hit us anywhere in the country. Anywhere from the West coast to the East Coast and in between. A missile, boat, or plane isn't gonna get the job done.

Whether bluffing or not, these guys have something else up their sleeves. And it would behoove us to stay vigilant and to keep our eye on them for the foreseeable future.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Sure, but my point is how valuable can land be after a nuclear conflict?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ndc86

Considering the relative size of the country to the only realistic target in N. Korea (Pyongang) pretty good i imagine.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The press releases from NK pretty much show acute desperation.

Maybe the country is about to implode just like USSR.

The leadership may engage in irrational acts before the implosion.

I see large scale defection of NK soldiers whenever real action occurs.

Maybe time has come for unified Korea.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pieczenik

Are you Steve Pieczenik because if not are you just copying articles from that blog and claiming it as your own? As i find it kind of silly to post your personal details on a website like this. But i guess if you have a website like that then whats the difference. If you are him then fill us in? what are your predictions?

stevepieczenik.com...
edit on 5-4-2013 by icanhearmusic because: change of heart

edit on 5-4-2013 by icanhearmusic because: another

edit on 5-4-2013 by icanhearmusic because: vv

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pieczenik

trying to go to your links now. can you tell me simply...do you think its going to happen....or will someone blink.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I am in a mood to make a prediction:

1. We shall see a unified Korea soon.
2. Unified Korea will not stay in treaty with the US; so it will not be so good for the US.

Wish everybody all the best in their endeavors who read this post.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
I am in a mood to make a prediction:

1. We shall see a unified Korea soon.
2. Unified Korea will not stay in treaty with the US; so it will not be so good for the US.

Wish everybody all the best in their endeavors who read this post.

For the visually impaired, this is an excellent post

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

This clip was back in the 50's. It is a Nuclear Howitzer shell.(obviously modified configuration) I can't remember the yield, somewhere around 1 to 5 kilotons. It's efficient, small and real as of 60 years ago and it wouldn't be too daunting a task to whip one of these together with other delivery methods, even ad lib.

That video is from Upshot-Knothole Grable...the device was a 15Kt yield, not 5.

The thing that a lot of people don't seem to understand is just how difficult it can be to make a compact nuclear device. Even if you can manufacture one that's reliable, the smaller a device is, the shorter its 'shelf life'. Smaller designs have to be very tight, which means that their physics packages are more vulnerable to decay (and contamination from decay products) that will degrade both yield and reliability.

Be advised that what follows is strictly my own opinion:
I don't think that North Korea has the capability to launch a successful nuclear (or EMP) attack against the continental United States. They certainly don't have a manned bomber that could carry a device, nor do they have an indigenous missile that could deliver one. Some people have suggested that they might purchase a delivery vehicle, but I don't see that sale taking place at this point...such vehicles are only available from a limited number of possible sellers (as far as I can tell, the US, Russia, China, Great Britain, and France). Of those, I don't see the US selling a delivery system to a government that's threatening to use it against us. Great Britain and France aren't likely sellers either (for a variety of reasons), and both China and Russia have voiced concerns over the ongoing escalation of events in the Korean peninsula, which makes me think that they aren't interested in tossing any kerosene onto the rhetorical fire at this point.

What North Korea *could* do is launch a nuclear attack against non-continental US territory (Guam comes to mind) or against an ally (Japan or South Korea). In either case, the US response would (rightly) be apocalyptic.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

I agree with most of what you say with one observation:

US may not want to use nukes against NK. SK does not have nukes. So whatever action is seen over NK may be conventional even if NK does manage to use a nuke.

If NK does use a nuke, the one to suffer will be SK. The effective delivery platform available to NK is the short-to-medium range missiles. There is serious doubt about NK's intermediate range missiles.

It seems there is a huge appetite in Korea for unification even at significant cost. So this event is very likely to come soon.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Both North and South Korea talk about reunification, but I'm not sure it's going to happen soon unless there is a massive upheaval in one or both countries, simply because while they both use the same word, they seem to mean two completely different things.

North Korean "unification" seems to be based on physical occupation and assimilation of the South, and restructuring the entire nation into a neo-Stalinist 'paradise'. South Korean "unification" seems to be based on economic partnership. Until both sides are *actually* talking about the same thing, it''s not going to happen, and even once they *are* on the same page, it's not going to be a quick or simple process. For a recent historical perspective, look at the problems that the two German nations had coming back together. Now look at how much more dissimilar North and South Korea are. It's going to be a political, cultural, and economic shift of Biblical proportions, and it's going to take years for the situation to settle down.

Barring direct help from China (not likely at this point, given their recent comments on the situation) and / or Russia (also not sounding too thrilled at the idea of getting involved), the North Koreans don't have the military force to occupy South Korea (particularly with South Korea's allies in the region). Barring massive economic 'booster shots' from outside, I don't think that South Korea can afford the kind of massive investments needed to rebuild the North at this point. The more I think about it, North and South Korea are in the same situation regarding unification as a dog chasing a car....he may be enthusiastic in his pursuit, but if he ever catches it, he's got no real idea what to do with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

What North Korea *could* do is launch a nuclear attack against non-continental US territory (Guam comes to mind) or against an ally (Japan or South Korea). In either case, the US response would (rightly) be apocalyptic.

You're ignoring the best delivery system of all. Sticking a large nuke inside a shipping container amongst other shipping containers on a cargo boat from a proxy origin, and detonating a nuke in a continental US port. If I was NK, this is how I would do it. Bypasses missile defense systems, is difficult to detect, and is within NK's current ability to do. Of course, you can bet the US generals are well aware of it too...

Both North and South Korea talk about reunification,

NK has made this public knowledge and their "Prime Directive", but a united Korea under Kim...and yet we are t he aggressor....

edit on 5-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You are not as Asian for sure. Asians value greatly the concept of sacrifice for family members.

It is not about Government and money alone; it is about people. You have the same people, culture, and language on both sides.

I said "implosion of North Korea". Never said NK would win. Please read my posts. I think NK is done as a political entity.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Far from the same culture....now. NK and SK are pretty much different peoples at this point. About the only thing they share (culturally) now, is a language.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by harbour45
reply to post by derfreebie

"Without sarcasm BUMP"??? Are you kidding me? What is this third grade? Comments like yours are derailing these threads. Like another person said before me. Keep on the topic and be civil to others.
edit on 4-4-2013 by harbour45 because: Wanted to reword my comment.

I didn't have enough stamina to stay up and edit my comment, which was a complement
to both you and frazzle for addressing the root cause of all this. If it was third grade of me
to neglect punctuation I'll aplologize here-- but keeping with the T&C I refuse to derail
anything.
This whole matter regarding our present analysis of threat using information that's
regulated by the elites we all mentioned is at best a diversion. Whether a sneak attack,
false flag, or anything else is a moot point. The 4th, and maybe by the time you read this
most of the 5th is gone too; with very little if nothing else backpedaling from the war drums
by NK. That observation is strictly in keeping to the subject matter. For the most part the
people actually running the show are beginning to do openly whatever they want regardless
of political fallout, because unlike we few on ATS the general population is preoccupied with
just maintaining their diminishing status quo.
Hungry people scare less easily. The Independent told us "North Korea Approves..." .
Maybe that could be construed by a more well-read observer of world kabuki as 'The powers
that be have given their blessing to saving me the moderate inconvenience of emptying my
checking to pay the remainder of last month's rent: because in maybe 45 more minutes from
anytime they wish, the Northern Hemisphere is going to get lit up.' Call me somewhat
desensitized after 50 or so years of jumping under the desk to avoid the Tsar Bomba,
even immature. But I'm going to go write the check anyway-- then try and sell a couple of
homemade cigararette lighters in trade for a pound of hamburger. I found over a small time of
adjustment to political reality it's very unhealthy and time consuming to attempt second
guessing a psychopath, hidden or visible.
Check the avatar, I'm not him or would want to visit there to even briefly BORROW him. Finally
ask yourself-- when has the UN's little Security Clique ever stopped a profitable war, if all the
members were to somehow profit? Have a great weekend, I need to go be poor now.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

That is not a 5 kt explosion. That was a 15kt test...

Still... the US did came up with a "nuclear rifle"... the M29(?) I think.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

I understand...and I apologize myself to you. Looking forwards to your future threads and comments!
Thanks very much for the reply.....MS

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join