It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Traces of Isolated indigenous Found in Peruvian Amazon Rainforest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
While the rest of the world is in a prelude of a nuclear war, somewhere in the Amazon Rainforest there are people still living in total harmony with Mother Earth.

Revealed the existence of an indigenous people in isolation in the Alto Purus National Park, outside Yurúa in Ucayali River, reported the National Service of Protected Natural Areas (Sernanp).

I think this is amazing, a group of people living in a so primitive state, untouched by our civilization.

During an inspection in Murunahua Territorial Reserve, the rangers found six shelters made of palm leaves "shapaja" and "shebon" constructed so scattered in the forest, in a statement reported Senarp.

It also found "motelo" turtle shells, tapir bones, they use to carry their food and a stove that used at night.

Regarding that area :

Alto Purús National Park and Communal Reserve is a 25,107-square-kilometre (9,694 sq mi) national park in the Amazon Rainforest area of Peru, created on November 20, 2004. It is home to groups of indigenous people, including some that have avoided contact with the outside world.

elcomercio.pe...
www.protectedplanet.net...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So these people are trying to live a secluded life, unbothered by the outside influences that I'm sure they know exist.

Meanwhile, groups of scientists are trying to find these isolated people to make a name for themselves and have their day of fame on the news...

Typical in history =(

"Civilized" people... ugh.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Interesting. However I would love to see the 'stove' and their hunting tools. If any of them are metal tool(s), they're in touch with civilization.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Interesting. However I would love to see the 'stove' and their hunting tools. If any of them are metal tool(s), they're in touch with civilization.

Satisfy that curiosity could put at risk their conditions.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Satisfy that curiosity could put at risk their conditions.
True but then again how can we or the scientific community can conclude that it is truely indeed 'indigenous' and 'isolated'? or is it some TV channel not shooting for 'Survival' or 'Reality' show?

edit on 4-4-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

They could also trade through friends/family in touch with the outside world. These kind of people have skills, knowledge, and resources to trade with that are unknown to most anyone outside of that culture.

For me I am curious to know of their cutting tools, especially for wood, along with their firestarting methods. I can see the shelters in the photos.

For cooking, I would imagine either a traded item or a clay pot... Though firing clay for cookware takes a LOT of wood and a few days time, so you would need some tool to prepare the wood.

However, imo just let them be. They obviously don't want to be found. They know their choice.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what myths and legends these natives have developed about their world and the "world beyond) (The "modern world", essentially). Do they have myths of giant "metallic birds" that fly in the sky (planes) or thunderous sounding monsters that tear down the trees (tractors and logger equipment). Do they even know we exist? I'm just curious if their mythology would compare to the mythology of their more distant ancestors. All fascinating stuff---I say we leave them untouched, but simply observe from distance.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what myths and legends these natives have developed about their world and the "world beyond) (The "modern world", essentially). Do they have myths of giant "metallic birds" that fly in the sky (planes) or thunderous sounding monsters that tear down the trees (tractors and logger equipment). Do they even know we exist? I'm just curious if their mythology would compare to the mythology of their more distant ancestors. All fascinating stuff---I say we leave them untouched, but simply observe from distance.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I agree 100% they shouldn't be bothered. Here is a video, from another isolated tribe in the Amazon Rainforest. As you can see, they don't need us. Actually, at the end of the video, the lady in the boat says "Flecha, flecha, flecha !" (Arrow, arrow, arrow!), before they escaped.

From the video source :

According to indigenous-rights group Survival International, uncontacted people from the Mashco-Piro tribe have been seen numerous times recently in the park with one ranger being hit by an arrow without a tip as a message to back off. Tourists have also been accused of leaving clothes for the indigenous people, a practice that could threaten the lives of tribal peoples since the clothes could carry disease.

Also :

The oil workers and illegal loggers are invading the lands of uncontacted tribes in Peru. They risk introducing infectious diseases that could wipe out the Indians. The president of Peru reaches even to deny its existence. Not survive if they do not stop the invasions. Please sign the petition and we will send you the current President Ollanta Humala.

www.survival.es...
edit on 4-4-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Quick we need to spread the message of Christ to them and save their eternal souls!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Quick we need to spread the message of Christ to them and save their eternal souls!

Yes, and also important things like land ownership. But then again that's usually what the church introduces so they can "buy" land for peanuts.

top topics

join