It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) about Women

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Here are some quotes by Prophet Muhammad about women.

Muhammad said: "Beat not your wives." Then Sayidina Omar came to the Rasul (Muhammad) and said,
"Wives have got the upper hand of
their husbands from hearing this."

"He is the most perfect Muslim whose
disposition is best; and the best of you are they who behave best to
their wives."

"Women are the twin-halves of men."

"The world and all things in it are
valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman."

"The best women are the virtuous; they
are the most affectionate to infants,
and the most careful of their
husbands' property."

"Whoever doeth good to girls, it will be a curtain to him from hell-fire."

"Whoever befriendeth three
daughters, or three sisters, and
teacheth them manners, and is
affectionate to them, till they come
of age, may God apportion Paradise for him."
He said the same for two when asked.

"Whoever hath a daughter, and doth not bury her alive(it was a pagan custom),or scold her,or prefer his male children to her, may God bring him into Paradise."

"Shall I not point out to you the best of virtues? It is your doing good to your daughter when she is returned to you having been divorced by her husband"
Divorce is never "encouraged" in Islam unless unavoidable.

"Be kind with the soft and gentle ones(females)."

"And woman is a leader of her
husband's house and she is
accounted for that."

This would make some ATSers surprised and some will outright refuse to believe it.
Right now, Prophet Muhammad pbuh is very misunderstood in the West and here on ATS too, i hope this will help change it a bit and i'l like the feedback especially from the people who won't believe it but also from ATSers who want to discuss and know more.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's not the words of the Prophet that many of us take umbrage with, but the cultural traditions of the regions that do keep women in a subservient state.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

It's not the words of the Prophet that many of us take umbrage with, but the cultural traditions of the regions that do keep women in a subservient state.

S&F Not so much the flag, but you got me excited!

Actions speak louder than words!
edit on 3-4-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

any culture that goes against prophetic teachings is to be discarded.

Yes the problem happened when islam spread to cultures who were male dominant and that over age got accepted wrongly as part of islam too.
It however is changing and i hope it does change more and we get a change like at prophet's time when women could argue with him and he allowed them to.(how can mullahs/clerics be offended unless they think themselves as better than the prophet!)
He also cancelled a marriage that was against the woman's wish.
His own wife Khadijah was a business woman.
7th century islamic arabia was having 'modern' values.
edit on 3-4-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

I starred your response because its nice to see someone else who understands what the religion truly says about women.

Kudos, my friend.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yeah it's pretty simple to work out when you put the pieces together. Leaders have taken advantage of the teachings to suit themselves. It's a shame because people in the West in some cases believe this represents the entire religion.. It doesnt help when the media will use these issues to their advantage also to push certain agenda's. I'm with you though man, I think Islam is a great religion, certain people are just trying to destroy it and I guess the same could be said for Christianity also.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Its good to know that there are some posters like you who can seperate the religion and what 'religious' people do.
Thanks my friend

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

very true!
You do understand the basic of Islam and yes its no different in morals and ethics to Christianity.
Religions have become a tool for the power seekers and when things go bad, its the religions that take the blame and ignorants ask/demand that religions should be no more.
Before islam/muslims, it was the communist atheists who were the 'bad guys' and a reason for wars. If it was not Islam the war mongers would have found another excuse.

Qur'an 2:
11. And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "We are only peacemakers."
12. Verily! They are the ones who make mischief, but they perceive not.

Things won't change till people stop blindly supporting whats 'theirs' (country/government, religion, race, tribe etc) even if its objectively on the wrong side.

5:8. O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah and be just witnesses and let
not the enmity and hatred of others
make you avoid justice. Be just: that is
nearer to piety, and fear Allah. Verily,
Allah is Well-Acquainted with what
you do.

edit on 4-4-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Dude, I don't know whether your a Sunni or Shiite, honestly shouldn't matter though but this guy is a god damn legend.. Though he may not be entirely correct (I think he is spot on though), he has taught me much more than any Christian ever will and the way he presents his information is absolute Gold. Considering his views about the West are dark when it comes to, well now I guess
, he also pays respect to the technologies and advancements our countries have given to the world. Unfortunetly though, it's not always going to be like this...

It's amazing how most Christians cannot get past their beliefs or ego's I guess to learn a bit about the other side... It's actually amazing how similar the two religions are.. I recommend this to any Christians, get to know your enemy because the time is drawing near

edit on 4-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

wow! I watched it.
Thanks a lot for the video, i'l be looking for more videos of this legend, he makes a lot of sense.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

wow! I watched it.
Thanks a lot for the video, i'l be looking for more videos of this legend, he makes a lot of sense.

Theres 5 parts to this lecture..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I don't see anything about 50 year old men sleeping with 9 year old girls.

Regardless of what was acceptable at the time, marrying a 6 year old girl then 'consummating' the marriage 3 years later tells us all we need to know about Mohammed's attitude towards women, and children...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Why did you cherry-pick?

What about his stance on having sex with a little girl?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What is there an echo in here or something?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Regardless of what was acceptable at the time, marrying a 6 year old girl then 'consummating' the marriage 3 years later tells us all we need to know about Mohammed's attitude towards women, and children...

Thanks for the post, i was expecting it
not from you specifically but in general.

I hope you'l not disappear after my reply, please do bring more misconceptions, you are helping Islam and muslims more than you know.

Here's the reply to your accusations

Age of Aisha at time

of marriage with Holy

Prophet Muhammad It is believed on the authority of some Hadith reports that the marriage ceremony
(known as nikah, amounting to betrothal) of Aisha with the Holy
Prophet Muhammad took place when she was six years of age,
and that she joined the Holy Prophet as his wife three years later at the age of nine. We quote
below from two such
reports in Bukhari. “It is reported

from Aisha that she said: The
Prophet entered into marriage with
me when I was a girl of six … and at

the time [of joining his household] I was a girl of nine years of age.” “Khadija died three years before
the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed [alone] for two years or so. He married Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he
consummated that marriage when

she was nine years old.” As to the authenticity of these reports, it may be noted that the compilers of the books of Hadith did not apply

the same stringent tests when accepting reports relating to historical matters as they did

before accepting reports relating to the practical teachings and laws of Islam. The reason is that the
former type of report was regarded as merely of academic interest

while the latter type of report had a direct bearing on the practical

duties of a Muslim and on what was allowed to them and what was

prohibited.
Thus the occurrence of reports such as the above

about the marriage of Aisha in books of Hadith, even in Bukhari,
is not necessarily a proof of their credibility. Determination of the

true age of Aisha It appears that Maulana Muhammad Ali was the

first Islamic scholar directly to challenge the notion that Aisha was

aged six and nine, respectively, at the time

of her nikah and

consummation of

marriage. This he did in,

at least, the following

writings: his English booklet Prophet of

Islam, his larger English

book Muhammad, the

Prophet, and in the

footnotes in his
voluminous Urdu translation and

commentary of Sahih

Bukhari entitled Fadl-ul-

Bari, these three

writings being

published in the 1920s and 1930s. In the

booklet Prophet of

Islam, which was later

incorporated in 1948 as
the first chapter of his

book Living Thoughts of the Prophet
Muhammad, he writes
in a lengthy footnote as
follows: “A great
misconception prevails as to the
age at which Aisha
was taken in

marriage by the Prophet. Ibn Sa‘d
has stated in the
Tabaqat that when
Abu Bakr [father
of Aisha] was

approached on behalf of the Holy
Prophet, he replied
that the girl had
already been
betrothed to
Jubair, and that he would have to
settle the matter
first with him. This
shows that Aisha

must have been approaching majority at the
time. Again, the

Isaba, speaking of

the Prophet’s
daughter Fatima,
says that she was born five years

before the Call and
was about five
years older than
Aisha. This shows

that Aisha must have been about
ten years at the
time of her
betrothal to the
Prophet,
and not
six years as she is generally
supposed to be.

This is further
borne out by the
fact that Aisha
herself is reported to have stated that
when the chapter
[of the Holy Quran]
entitled The Moon,

the fifty-fourth
chapter, was revealed, she was

a girl playing
about and

remembered
certain verses then
revealed. Now the fifty-fourth chapter was undoubtedly

revealed before
the sixth year of
the Call. All these
considerations point to but one
conclusion, viz.,

that Aisha could
not have been less
than ten years of
age at the time of her nikah, which was virtually only
a betrothal.
And
there is one report
in the Tabaqat that
Aisha was nine years of age at the
time of nikah.
Again it is a fact
admitted on all
hands that the
nikah of Aisha took place in the
tenth year of the
Call in the month
of Shawwal, while

there is also
preponderance of evidence as to the

consummation of

her marriage
taking place in the
second year of
Hijra in the same month, which
shows that full five
years had elapsed
between the nikah
and the

consummation.
Hence there is not
the least doubt
that Aisha was at least nine or ten years of age at the
time of betrothal,
and fourteen or
fifteen years at the
time of marriage.”

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Well it's very easy of criticise Mohammed without any factual evidence to back your claim but one thing you forget to mention is 50-60 year old Catholic priests molesting 7-14 year old boys in the Modern World... But we both know that is undeniable.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Why did you cherry-pick?

What about his stance on having sex with a little girl?

hey NuT!, thanks for joining.

Let me remind you that people who live in glass houses should not throw stones at others.

Refer to my reply to Prezbo and let me remind you that Mary was 12-14 years old at the time of her marriage to Joseph and he was 90!!
God chose a teenager to get pregnant and give birth to Jesus pbuh.
I am fine with it, God knows better as to who is 'adult' not a secular arbitary law making it at 18 years. Hope you agree with me.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Thanks for the post, i was expecting it
not from you specifically but in general.

I hope you'l not disappear after my reply, please do bring more misconceptions, you are helping Islam and muslims more than you know.

Here's the reply to your accusations

A broken wall of text copy and pasted from an unknown source is definitely a reply, it's not your reply is it?

And while attempting to wade through it (seriously why post it like that??) I failed to see anything that showed conclusively that Mohammed didn't marry Aisha when she was only 6 yrs old and have intercourse with her when she was 9.....

I mean, if my most bff/god/prophet was accused of pedophilia I'd have more than a few claims from obscure books and leaflets to defend him with.

That is assuming that my bff was of-course innocent...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Well it's very easy of criticise Mohammed without any factual evidence to back your claim but one thing you forget to mention is 50-60 year old Catholic priests molesting 7-14 year old boys in the Modern World... But we both know that is undeniable.

Why would you think I had forgotten about the Catholics? if anything the fact that other religious folk have been having sex with children just adds more fuel to the fire.

And just like Catholics you attempt to sweep this issue under the rug and pretend as-though it never happened. If you're so good at pretending certain things did happen, pretending other certain things didn't happen must be a walk in the park.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A few other things Muhammad said about women ...

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (6:301) - Muhammad said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'"

Ali - raised as a son by Muhammad, said this and Muhammad didn't correct him - Ishaq 593 - "As for Ali, he said, 'Women are plentiful, and you can easily change one for another.'"

Al-Tirmidhi 3272 - "When Allah's Messenger was asked which woman was best he replied, 'The one who pleases (her husband) when he looks at her, obeys him when he gives a command, and does not go against his wishes regarding her person or property by doing anything of which he disapproves'."

Tabari Vol 9, Number 1754 - "Treat women well, for they are [like] domestic animals with you and do not possess anything for themselves." From Muhammad's 'Farewell Sermon'

any culture that goes against prophetic teachings is to be discarded.

Any culture that blindly believes a murdering thief who claims prophetic visions from God is to be discarded.
Any culture that treats women as subserviant is to be discarded and is unworthy of respect.
Any culture that tries to regress to the year 600 instead of progress and treat all people equally under a secular law is to be discarded.
There ya' go .. I've got a few 'to be discarded' statements as well.

let me remind you that Mary was 12-14 years old at the time of her marriage to Joseph and he was 90!!

Not true. There is absolutely no historical information stating that Joseph was 90.

And half the Christians on the planet - 1 billion - believe that the bible states Mary
didn't have any sexual relations with Joseph at all. So age wouldn't have mattered.

Also in Islam -
Bukhari (2:28) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants. :shk:

What the Qur'an says about women ...

Men are better or worth more than women -
Qur'an (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Inequal inheritance -
Qur'an (4:11) - "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"

... and there are so many more ... many, many more. Most frightening is the teaching that a woman's testimony in court is worth less than a mans. That reeks.

<<   2  3 >>

join