It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Responsible For ATS's Recent Downtime?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

Well, nice to meet ya Glencairn! Don't be a stranger, and if you've got something to get off your chest we're all ears here.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Yeah that was very funny and interesting too.
Nice to know some of u guys now.
And good to be back................

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It seems that AboveTopSecret and GLP went down same time. Both suffered from DDoS attacks, I smell conspiracy here. ATS was totally down, when GLP was just very slow. GLP received much smaller attacks, when ATS got mega attack.

Its impossible to prevent DDoS attacks, and impossible to know who did it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

We have received some reliable information that a few people who were banned from here and GodLikeProductions.com for improper posting related to Sandy Hook were involved in the attack, and apparently are still focused on another round.

If they are here in the US, that makes this a punishable offense since damages were incurred by loss of revenue, which entitles you to involve the law and press charges. I would.

I also don't believe it was just those people either... to take your entire site down with a distributed attack would require more than just a coordinated few, no? It will be interesting to see what follows over the coming hours / days.

Thanks for the update SO.

~Namaste

Can't be them, because GLP received DDoS attack too, about 100 times smaller attack though. But they have smaller servers.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by daryllyn

What happens in Egas-vay stays in Egas-vay....

That's very nice and right,i guess.

Nice to made some new FB Friends and get some Info there.

But we all missed Phage, or Mr. Lithgow. ;-)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Hahaha Lay off the tequila boss, you're giving them funny ideas over there. I think they're running in circles unsure if the ground is safe.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Thank you to SO and who ever else worked to bring ATS back online!!! Those of us who are addicts had serious withdrawal issues. Love this place!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This was me last night, after refreshing my screen a million times...

I don't frequent any other "conspiracy" website,
I don't like the other formats. Grey on black forever.

Over at facepalm I found isitdownetc.... and then the Back-up ATS.
Thank you to the creator of that. It was a welcome surprise and much more comforable than the all-over-facebum-comments-for-anyone-to-read that were on the isitdown page.

It was interesting to recognise other members from their facecomic identities.
Never spotted Heff, though. Good one.

I didn't like the idea of mixing ATS members and faceslap.
It seemed almost frivolous, maybe i'm being paranoid, but
using your real photo for both sites is a bit, well, not really ATS.

I know that nothing is ungoogleable, but a bit of internet privacy is never amiss.
I use shamebook for communication or sharing with people I know in real life,
but I personally don't think that anyone should put their real name or face there.

So this is my message to people who tried to close down ATS

All you did was this:

Thank you, SkepticOverlord, for the OpenDNS information. Worked first time. Link to post

I'm glad to be back.

edit on 4/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.” ― Benjamin Franklin

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I noticed it was down as well. I am wondering if we are about to see a major cyber war / possible EMP strike.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Good to see u back, u should send ur pic to christies, better than the Munch stuff.

2nd

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
ATS still down for me (having to connect through a proxy)

A load of us banded together last night and set up a backup forum, (which has the approval of the ATS admin's whilst the still remains down) , check it out....

abovetopsecret-backup.tk...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This site is available to everyone to check on ANY site to see when you think it's down.

www.isitdownrightnow.com...

enter the domain you want to check on....
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I was finally able to connect again using revised DNS settings suggested by Sceptic Overlord:

208-67-222-222 and 208-67-222-220

Why has there been no thread containing this information on the ATS Home page? It would really be helpful for those browsing the site through proxies to be able to quickly find pertinent information about this "downage".

I just can't believe that this situation is not the subject of a thread on the ATS "Home" page. Words fail me.

. . . . and another thing. The essence of cool, of personal magnetism, of website magnetism, is to be your own person and not give a ggd what your effing advertisers think, or what the "cosmetics" are. Forget "appearances". Just tell the gd truth and your numbers will continue to rise and the next time one of your advertisers tries to tell you what they think you should be doing, kick them the hell out of your office.
edit on 4-4-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
ATS... you may want to invest $60,000 in a brand new, state of the art IPS. McAfee has a pretty good one.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Carl.

*shakes fist at Carl*

Carl is the one responsible for the ATS downtime.

The power plug to the ATS servers was in his way. He kept tripping over it when he went for a smoke break in the server room at ATS Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.

*shakes fist at Carl again*

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Sorry guys,
I tried to run Barry the Bunny simulator on the ATS servers, I did not know it will take the website down.

It was just a DDoS attack, or probably a high volume of babies trying to join our not so secret clan!
All seems good at the moment, unless we experience another one, I think it is alright.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's only just now become accessible for me in the UK, not that I was trying every 5 minutes, honest.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Fine I'll spill it.

We all ended up on the same support site, which led to a FB page... where I cried like a girl scout in a horror movie at midnight - while all of these wonderful folks took turns comforting me and then pointing and laughing.

I can't blame them though... my mascara ran and everything.

I read this reply last night and I laughed so hard that my mascara ran, too.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

I am so glad this site is back up. Even as a newbie to the site, I found I was getting withdrawals. It has been a long time since I trusted network news, and even if there may be some misinformation here, the fact that so many are contributing information from diverse backgrounds, I feel the information to be (collectively) more trustworthy. That, and the fact that many of you site your sources, which is helpful, and was always mandatory for me in college.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

I didn't like the idea of mixing ATS members and faceslap. It seemed almost frivolous, maybe i'm being paranoid, but using your real photo for both sites is a bit, well, not really ATS.

Are you talking about me?

I am apparently horrible about being anonymous, because, my picture is the same at both locations, which is why I thought you were referring to me.

Freedom of expression, my friend, and with that I chose to just be 'me'. I am not sure if that makes me 'not really ATS' as you said, but, I will just say that I am not at all afraid to be myself. I have never been good at creating alter-egos or other personas for the internet (or for anything) because, I am truly more comfortable just being 'me' and I'm prepared to take whatever comes with that.

Others are not at all comfortable with a lack of anonymity, and I can totally respect that. Totally understandable.

To each their own.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join