Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

CO Democrat Doesn't Understand High-Capacity Magazines Can Be Reloaded

page: 1
16
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Here is a video of a Colorado State Rep. (D) talking about how it is good to get rid of high capacity magazines, because once the bullets are fired the magazine will be useless!

I can't find this video on youtube and I do not have a clue as how to embed it here so I will post the link so you can see how lawmakers can so recklessly create laws based on knowing nothing whatsoever about the topic they are talking about!

This is actually one of the best example of how idiotic some our lawmakers really are!

Link

edit on 3-4-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963
 


Its not exactly surprising. None of these idiots have the first clue what the hell they're banning, and at the same time, they just can't understand why gun rights supporters won't listen to them. Hmm...I wonder why.



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The same party that contains the quote "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it".



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here's what she said:


CO State Rep. Diana DeGette (D) "I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available."

It sounds to me like she is talking about banning bullets. Hence, if people can't get their hands on ammo they won't need high capacity mags.
edit on 4/3/2013 by ApocolypzeNow because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ApocolypzeNow
 



Here's what she said:

CO State Rep. Diana DeGette (D)

"I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available."

It sounds to me like she is talking about banning bullets. Hence, if people can't get their hands on ammo they won't need high capacity mags.


Hmmmmm, so is that the Democrats plan? To ban bullets?

Yes, she does start out talking about bullets and ammunition. But her statement following, "The number of these highg capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available." I the questionable comment.....

So yes, your idea is not wrong, but her idea that a magazine just disappears because there are no bullets, is pretty ridiculous, unless she is talking about them rusting away.......

You do bring up a good point though! Maybe she slipped up and gave away the plan to do away with ammunition. Although I can't see that happening, but as long as Homeland Security keeps locking them in with their contracts, they can sure make it difficult to purchase them!

You made me think, so star to you!



posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
She might be thinking of clips and not magazines, but even eon bloc and most stripper clips are reload able.

Frankly she's just ignorant of what she is talking about.



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The title is totally wrong. She never said they can't be reloaded but people will run out of bullets. Real Clear Politics must be a FOX affiliate.



"I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available."
edit on 4-4-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I saw this same nonsense in defense of David Gregory when he committed a felony on live TV.

They said "so what, it was used up and empty."

They dont think their bills are making felons out of little boxes with springs. They think they are keeping pre-charged single-use 30 round inserts off of Walmart shelves.

It should bother everyone that legislators feel no shame in legislating against things they know nothing about. Today it's little metal boxes. Yesterday it was witchcraft. Tomorrow it'll be something that affects you or someone you love.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
The title is totally wrong. She never said they can't be reloaded but people will run out of bullets. Real Clear Politics must be a FOX affiliate.



"I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available."
edit on 4-4-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)



Still, one has to wonder how shooting all the bullets is going to decrease the number of mags.

Are the mags going to become scarce due to lack of ammo or is ammo going to decrease from lack of mags? Even banning them, ammo or mags, in the "future" isnt going to decrease the number already out there.



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Reply to post by Logarock
 


When a daddy magazine loves a mommmy magazine they can make bullets.

But after about 35 years or so the mommy magazine cant make any more.

So if we ban mommy magazines in half a century or so there wont be any more bullets to shoot. Just a bunch of homosexual magazines.

Just trying to think like an idiot gun-grabbing politician.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere
 
Yea, maybe they are just gun-o-phobics. Mag-o-phobes.



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


And that makes her less of a moron?

while I don't reload rounds personally, literally everyone I know does. As long as you don't get the crappy steel import shells, and stick to brass, you can reload them several times.

It isn't like it is nuclear age technology or something.



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963
 


Probably because in the movies they drop them. Sorry these bad boys cost me $30+ a pop, not about to just drop them on the ground.



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This woman is a typical clueless Democrat. And one of many examples of the ignorance of the American voter these days.



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963
 


She also belittles a senior citizen who does not want his rights revoked. The sound really bites but her response is clear.



I truly fear for my Country. More and more jackwipes are getting into power.



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963
 


here's another link.

www.examiner.com...

More evidence that all politicians should take a mandatory IQ test before they can be elected into office.
They should probably be tested on their knowledge of the constitution as well.
If they don't pass the test and get a political license that let's them run for office then they don't belong there.

I mean if we test and license people to drive a car, cut hair, nursing, dentistry, engineering etc. We should definitely be testing and licensing people who make the laws we have to live by.



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casino
This woman is a typical clueless Democrat. And one of many examples of the ignorance of the American voter these days.


I like to think that I have mellowed out over the years, but everytime I hear stuff like this coming from a supposed educated lawmaker, I just want to punch their lights out.

I know, ya can't beat common sense into people.



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
i bet she will get the go ahead to make a presidential run now .while the words and actions that come out of the majority of politicians are completely absurd , it is no surprise . it is this kind of mentality that is promoting man made global warming , the official 9/11 stance , the fake death of osama bin laden , so on and so forth . please do not worry about it though , they are doing all of this to keep us safe.



posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by seeker1963
 


here's another link.

www.examiner.com...

More evidence that all politicians should take a mandatory IQ test before they can be elected into office.
They should probably be tested on their knowledge of the constitution as well.
If they don't pass the test and get a political license that let's them run for office then they don't belong there.



Reminds me of the german SS made of up losers and dumbasses that believed they were the cream of the crop. Born to lead born to make a new Germany.

Notice how these flat heads are confrontational with the pubic as if they are in office to tell people what to do and how it is. They even seem offended much of the time.





new topics

top topics



 
16
<<   2 >>

log in

join