It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOTICE this Amber Alert - April 3, 2013

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
First of all, please see the article and alert authorities if you see these children:
www.wftv.com...

Hillsborough County sheriff's investigators are looking for Cole Hakken, 4, and Chase Hakken, 2.

According to investigators, Joshua Hakken went into a home on Shady Shores Drive early Wednesday morning, where he tied up Patricia Hauser, the children's maternal grandmother. Investigators said he took the children and left in Hauser's 2009 Silver Toyota Camry.

Investigators said Joshua Hakken, the children and Sharyn Hakken could be traveling in a black, 2006 GMC Sierra with Florida tag number U95KT, and may be pulling a popup camper.

(The underlining is mine)
*Could someone please paste the children's photos into the thread. Thank you in advance.

Like I stated, this thread is about finding these children and bringing the parents into custody.
The article does state that they are believed to be armed and dangerous, so please call authorities if you spot them and do not attempt to approach or intervene.

The other thing I'd like to discuss is the fact that the article states this:

According to investigators, Joshua and Sharyn Hakken are anti-government and have attempted a previous abduction at gunpoint in Louisiana.

Why does it matter that they're anti-government? Isn't this a no-brainer anyways since the government is most likely the ones who decided they weren't fit parents? The important part is that they are dangerous and a threat to society and their own children. Why do we have to know that they are anti-government?
Is this going to be a new trend when the authorities are going to be looking for people?
Does this make the perp(s) look more scary?
Are they focusing on the anti-government angle because they are in possession of guns and using them for violence?
Are the authorities mentioning this so people will think, "Hey, I know an anti-government group. Maybe they're heading there and I should call and report their whereabouts"?

What does everyone else think of this?
Like I stated, the important part of this thread is to locate the children. They probably are in danger as the "adults" they are with are violent loose cannons who should not be around, let alone raising, children.
If anyone can locate any records on these people, I'd be interested in seeing them.
I'll post any updates I see and please do the same if you see any reports.

Sending good thoughts to the kids. I hope they're found soon.

edit on 3-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

In my opinion its a way to start locking up people that go against their agenda. They obviously kidnapped their own children, who's to say they don't know something we all don't know about the Gov so they decided to take their kids and split?
Seems like the perfect way for the media to gain hate toward someone by calling them "anti-american" and it would also make guns look more "evil".

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This article has better pictures of the boys and doesn't mention anything about the parents being anti-government or being in the possession of any guns.
www.clickorlando.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I hope they're found safe.

edit on 3-4-2013 by Casandra because: Added better pitcure from above link

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
reply to post by Afterthought

In my opinion its a way to start locking up people that go against their agenda. They obviously kidnapped their own children, who's to say they don't know something we all don't know about the Gov so they decided to take their kids and split?
Seems like the perfect way for the media to gain hate toward someone by calling them "anti-american" and it would also make guns look more "evil".

I'm thinking the same thing. It appears that calling them anti-government is simply demonizing them further. It's hard to say what's going on here. I hope the kids weren't taken away because some teacher heard the kids talking about how their parents hate the government. You just don't know these days.
I also find it strange the way the second article I linked to doesn't mention anything about the parents being armed and dangerous. I would be very interested in seeing any arrest records on these people.
Thanks for your comment.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Thanks for posting the pics!

Edit to Add:
It would be helpful if the reports showed what the parents looked like. I doubt if they stop anywhere, that they'd tote the kids in with them. Most likely, one of the parents will go inside to get food and drinks while the other waits in the car with the kids. Reporting really sucks these days.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here's what the parents look like and more details.
www.tampabay.com...

The Sheriff's Office said it had obtained a warrant for Joshua Hakken's arrest on several charges — two counts of kidnapping, two counts of interference with child custody, one count of false imprisonment, one count of burglary and battery and one count of grand theft auto.

The agency said no charges have yet been sought against Sharyn Hakken.

The children had been living with their grandparents since last year. They were taken away from their parents after an altercation in Louisiana, the Sheriff's Office said.

Joshua Hakken was arrested in a hotel there on drug charges after attending an anti-government rally, the Sheriff's Office said. Sometime after the arrest, the state of Louisiana took custody of the children and placed them in foster care.

But Hakken showed up at the foster care facility waving a gun and banging on the door, the Sheriff's Office said. He wasn't able to get in and fled.

OK, so the dad was arrested with drugs in his hotel room after attending an anti-government rally.
This explains a lot, but why mention the rally and not just that he was arrested on drug possession charges?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Here's what the parents look like and more details.
www.tampabay.com...

The Sheriff's Office said it had obtained a warrant for Joshua Hakken's arrest on several charges — two counts of kidnapping, two counts of interference with child custody, one count of false imprisonment, one count of burglary and battery and one count of grand theft auto.

The agency said no charges have yet been sought against Sharyn Hakken.

The children had been living with their grandparents since last year. They were taken away from their parents after an altercation in Louisiana, the Sheriff's Office said.

Joshua Hakken was arrested in a hotel there on drug charges after attending an anti-government rally, the Sheriff's Office said. Sometime after the arrest, the state of Louisiana took custody of the children and placed them in foster care.

But Hakken showed up at the foster care facility waving a gun and banging on the door, the Sheriff's Office said. He wasn't able to get in and fled.

OK, so the dad was arrested with drugs in his hotel room after attending an anti-government rally.
This explains a lot, but why mention the rally and not just that he was arrested on drug possession charges?

You know what I find extremely curious / suspect about this story?

The police finds 'drugs' in their hotel room AFTER an anti-.gov rally... Really????

Then!, The Mom & Dad both had their parental "rights" terminated by the court. (This past Tuesday)

We all know how the state gets when they want people's children.

and like these videos there are millions more...

But on Tuesday, a Louisiana court terminated the Hakkens' parental rights.

Bodie said that Joshua Hakken is an engineer who owns a business in South Tampa. Both Hakkens have been certified as engineers — mechanical for him, and civil for her — but records show both licenses expired in February.

Property records show the couple owns a one-story house in South Tampa, at 3609 S Sterling Ave., most recently assessed at $138,422.

So to recap:

We have 2 people who are not too happy with the government so they exercise their 1st admendment rights to speak agains their government.

The police right after the anti rally just happened to find drugs in their hotel room.
(how did they get in there, any warrant that we can see?)

Then the State of LA takes the kids away on Tuesday and terminates parental rights.
(This seems WAAAY too quick for a family court)

Not to mention that we are talking about 2 engineers not a crackhead from the corner. And these 2 engineers are also home OWNERS and BUSINESS owners.

Edit to remove a line that made me look like an azz to the OP.... Sorry

edit on 3-4-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Thanks for your thoughts, but if you would read my other comments, I'm certainly questioning what's exactly going on here.
I have thought about the angle of the drugs being planted because of their attendance at the anti-government rally, but they have also acted less than stellar according to previous reports. I do find it strange that they had to be found with drugs to have their kids taken away because if their other actions are indeed true, they could've been found to be incompetent parents just from those reports.

You stated:

The way you demonized these parents in the opening OP from a single 'news' report is not only appaling, it is also irresponsible.

Anyways, you are free to feel however you want about me, but the bottom line is that I created this thread to find the children and question the "facts" being reported. I thought I was making my skepticism clear, but I've been on Earth long enough to know that no good deed goes unpunished.
Thanks again for the videos and your viewpoint about the circumstances.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This article has better pictures of the boys and doesn't mention anything about the parents being anti-government or being in the possession of any guns.
www.clickorlando.com...

sorry, but i got an amber alert text to my phone stating that they were "anti-government"

do you know why the children were removed from their custody in the first place? a drug charge on the dad when he was attending an anti-government rally. if a trumped up charge was used to take your kids, (hell, even if it was for something green), what would you do?

things like this are the beginning. "oh, they were criminals", "who knew our neighbors were radical terrorists?".

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Interesting that your Amber Alert text stated that they were anti-government!
I saw the alert come across my TV screen, but it just gave a description of the kids, their parents, and the vehicles and tag number. No mention of their anti-government stance.
Thanks for contributing that important info!
It certainly verifies my thoughts and feelings about the trend I think we're going to be seeing about people being labeled as anti-government when it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the immediate situation.

Edit to Add: Check out the Tampa article I linked to for better details about the parents' actions leading up to their drug arrest after the rally.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by YapTalk

Thanks for your thoughts, but if you would read my other comments, I'm certainly questioning what's exactly going on here.
I have thought about the angle of the drugs being planted because of their attendance at the anti-government rally, but they have also acted less than stellar according to previous reports. I do find it strange that they had to be found with drugs to have their kids taken away because if their other actions are indeed true, they could've been found to be incompetent parents just from those reports.

You stated:

The way you demonized these parents in the opening OP from a single 'news' report is not only appaling, it is also irresponsible.

Anyways, you are free to feel however you want about me, but the bottom line is that I created this thread to find the children and question the "facts" being reported. I thought I was making my skepticism clear, but I've been on Earth long enough to know that no good deed goes unpunished.
Thanks again for the videos and your viewpoint about the circumstances.

Don't get me wrong afterthought, I am in no way saying that your intentions were bad. I really hear you, it's about finding the children safe and sound.

As a matter of fact, I'm about to edit that line from my op as it was out of line since I did not read your other postings. Please accept my apologies.

With that said, we are talking about 2 engineers whose children were taken away when there is not 1 mention of abuse anywhere I have read. At least i haven't found any.

I am currently going through the Tampa clerk of court's site where we can search all records and nothing there either so far.

Something stinks to high heaven on this one according to what I have read so far and we all know how the State feels about anti-government people, 2nd amendment supporters, preppers, returning combat veterans etc etc

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

It's all good and apology accepted.

I'm taking it all with a grain of salt and it's becoming extremely difficult to believe the news and the details they're reporting.
We're seeing A LOT of bad reporting and details that contradict each other. Each news story I linked to is extremely different. Are they armed or aren't they? Are they stating that they're anti-government to make us assume that they're armed and dangerous? What kind of drug(s) were found in the hotel room?
So many questions. I keep checking for updates hoping to hear that the kids have been located, but nothing yet. Hopefully when they find them, which I truly hope, we'll start learning more about these people and what they've done exactly.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by YapTalk

It's all good and apology accepted.

I'm taking it all with a grain of salt and it's becoming extremely difficult to believe the news and the details they're reporting.
We're seeing A LOT of bad reporting and details that contradict each other. Each news story I linked to is extremely different. Are they armed or aren't they? Are they stating that they're anti-government to make us assume that they're armed and dangerous? What kind of drug(s) were found in the hotel room?
So many questions. I keep checking for updates hoping to hear that the kids have been located, but nothing yet. Hopefully when they find them, which I truly hope, we'll start learning more about these people and what they've done exactly.

According to TBO the father was busted for marihuana and a 'dangerous substance', whatever that means - they also there child endangerment in there because the weed was in the same room as the kids.

In comes DCS and takes the kids away. but this happened last year?

Not to mention that they say that the father went with a gun to the children's foster care after they were taken away (but before they terminated his 'rights') and des not get arrested for that? WTF!

My question is, if the father is the one that got busted with weed, why did the mother ALSO lose her parental rights?

This stinks more and more...

I can see the PTB, "Take that! You anti-government btard!" "You need to be governed and never be free!"

PS. Nothing in ANY Florida county clerk of courts on the father of these children. If I find anything in LA I will post it here.

PPSS. Check out the FB comments on the TBO story I linked above, I'm not the only one thinking that this stinks.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Another thing...

Grandma might be in on it. Who in their right mind would shun their adult daughter?

Also, if these "anti-govenment" were in fact arrested in LA and I'm sure filmed by the police department, where in the hell are their pictures?

Not the DMV pics that they are using in the kidnapping reports, but their mug shots from their LA arrests?

Even mugshots.com, bustedmugshots! . com etc do not have these pics

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yep...pretty menacing looking anti-government parents.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So I found the father's arrest and we all know how extensively the news report anti-government people in the news.

Without further ado, here's the report

That is quite a big article about being "anti-government" ain't it?

Here is that newspaper report, see how long it takes you to find the blurb

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

It is strange and you're right that there's no mention of the mother doing anything wrong, so why is she having her rights terminated?
If he did show up at the foster care waving a gun to get in, this is very strange indeed and I'm wanting to know more about this.

For the record, I still don't ever feel that it's OK to kidnap your own children unless there very critical circumstances exist. I would only advise this action once the parent has concrete evidence for why they did it so the evidence can be demonstrated once they are able to get it to authorities who will listen to them. Good luck with that though.

Edit to Add:
That little blurb is pretty tiny! Trying to find out more about LA and if they have a record of government and police corruption (more than we usually see), I am reminded of the incidents after Katrina.

Strange things are definitely afoot!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

I think you're right about grandma. I know quite a few kids that shun their kids, but such a professional as she was? Not to mention, who in their right mind ties up their mother?
Maybe it was all a ploy and grandma allowed herself to be tied up as part of the ruse.

I'd like to add though that Florida isn't an easy state to get out of. There's really only two ways out, which is through Jacksonville or the panhandle, but they're going to have to go quite a ways to get there. Plus, with spring break being done, they won't be able to blend in with a bunch of other travelers unless the snowbirds are heading back.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is the best article yet about the situation.
www.heavy.com...
Scroll down for the photos of grandma's house, her car, and other pertinent details.
I find it fascinating the father was in the Air Force and registered on Adam Kokesh's website. Be sure to check out what he posted.
It certainly seems as though he was being watched. Especially for the fact that he was a veteran. We all know that the government has already labeled veterans as terrorists.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join