It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local election...did you vote differently?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok, Presidential election aside...how did you vote in your local elections (State, City, etc.)? Much of the "real" change that can effect you happens on the local stage, and because of that I'm quite curious if ATS members stuck with a certain party locally, or voted based on the issues.

Example: If your a Democrat did you vote for any Republicans or Libertarians locally, or if your Republican did you vote Democrat or, say, Green locally?

Personally, I of course voted Nader for President, but locally I voted primarily Libertarian (Governor, Attorney General, etc.) So, how about the rest of you?

PS- I actually voted for Badnarik's mother as Lieutenant Governor of our state, and if Nader was not running I might have voted for her son as well.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Actually, vice-versa.

I am Republican. I voted straight Republican on the state level.

I voted for Kerry on the national level.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
For the state govornor Election, i voted Christine Gregiore, because Dino Rossi is a pig.

I voted Mostl libertarians for state offices. I voted Patty Murray, democrat, for senate (Nethercutt, her rival, makes John Ashcroft look liberal. SCARY!
).

There were a few local intitives on the ballot, i voted mostly for, including one to open up slot machines off the reservation to lower property taxes. Sounds good to me!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Nationally: by Party

Locally: by issue, non-partisan...

There ya go

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Varied from race to race:

President - Libertarian
US Senate - Democrat
US Congress - Democrat
Governor - Democrat
State AG - Libertarian
Gay marriage amendment - NO
State House - Democrat
County Auditor - Libertarian

B-

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Actually, vice-versa.

I am Republican. I voted straight Republican on the state level.

I voted for Kerry on the national level.
yea Val!!!!
smart lady!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I voted Bush for President

I voted for a few democrats and a few Republicans on the state level. I vote for who I think can do the job the best.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Kerry for President and a mix of dems, reps, and independents on the local level.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Mostly Dems on the local level, and primarily against incumbents...I'm a big fan of throwing the bums out...
I kept a couple that are doing a good job though...

Our big thing was lots of state amendments. Sadly, looks like the bullet train to Orlando will get killed, and I'm a big theme park fan, so this would have been a great thing to have (not to mention mean a lot to the area in increased tourism, as most prefer to STAY here, and VISIT Orlando).... But at least those amendments giving money to schools are doing well....

Looks like Martinez will get Graham's seat....sad to say, so could swing the balance of power there....in the Senate.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Bush for President
a few republicans, esp. if they WERE NOT the incumbant
several Libertarians
one or two non-partisan
Yes to marriage as a union between a man and a woman proposal

new topics

top topics

join