It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't Sees Collapse Ahead - Motive for Gun Control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You know, I was listening to this commerical "interview" with David Wiedemer, guy who wrote a book about the Bubble economy and all that. He has a new book called "Aftershock" that's been out for a bit.

Well, the interview really was just a recap by Newsmax of the book and a 20 minute long infomercial about why to buy the book. Fair enough.

During the interview this guy (Wiedemer) announced he was a self-proclaimed fiscal conservative, and thus I assumed him to be right leaning... more on that later.

As a great 'teaser' they talked about the new improved version of the book that had a "previously unpublished chapter" detailing what life would be like in the post-dollar collapse America that is coming. Interesting stuff, kind of brings things to life and gets rid of the romance of Hollywood with the wars and mass riots and stuff.

But in one part in particular, he speaks about how domestic violence would rise significantly as economic stresses would push people into making rash and impulsive actions with guns:

However, we do think there will be a sharp rise in violence against
one particular group: friends and family (including co-workers). We are
already seeing an up-tick in that today. In March 2009, four separate
families were massacred, not by a stranger but by the man of the house.
We also expect to see more workplace violence. Friends and family
are obvious targets for people who are angry and distressed over
finances and work, because they are convenient and don’t take
precautions against being shot, unlike the politicians who will take pre-
cautions. So, although an armed uprising is highly unlikely, a great deal
of violence against friends and family is almost certain.

The only silver lining to this dreadful situation may be that, after a
while, people will become unhappy enough with the high levels of
violence that they consider ways of reducing it that were previously
unthinkable in the United States, such as gun control. Given the lack of
guns in Europe and Japan, we would not expect to see such a large
amount of lethal violence against friends and family there, although it
may increase somewhat over today’s levels. The anger will be there,
like the United States, but the tools to convert that anger into quick
and easy killings are not.

I found a copy online in PDF format here: Ebrowse

So the part I found interesting was as I read along, THIS LINE:

The only silver lining to this dreadful situation may be that, after a
while, people will become unhappy enough with the high levels of
violence that they consider ways of reducing it that were previously
unthinkable in the United States, such as gun control.

... so a "conservative" thinks that gun control is a silver lining... intersting.

But I also though it was interesting to think that MAYBE the reason the government is so hip on gun control isn't because they want to control us through the NWO, but because they don't want us all killing each other when our bank accounts are empty...

Just an interesting insight by this guy I thought.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

they don't want us all killing each other when our bank accounts are empty...

They don't want us killing each other?

Or they don't want us killing them?

They are responsible for putting us in the situation to begin with.
edit on 3-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

That way of thinking is assuming that the government really cares whether we live or die! They have pretty much milked all of their cows dry, thus time to shut down the farm.....

My problem with that theory, is who gave the bankers the power and authority to recklessly cause these bubbles?? Wouldn't you think if our elected officials cared an inch about our safety and welfare that they would have prevented the banks from having such power??

To think that the government cares whether the average joe kills his family or friends is nothing more than propaganda. They only care about saving their own hides when these bubbles pop! They have pretty much milked all of their cows dry, thus time to shut down the farm.....

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

It's funny (as in ironic funny, not comical) that anyone would think that gun control would be necessary to prevent family violence in a the event of a financial collapse. If someone "snaps" due to stress it seems like there would be a higher incidence of physically beating or strangling ones friends, families or co-workers to death. If one loses control of violent impulses he is more likely to express that violence physically than with a weapon- just ask any victim of domestic violence.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about that, but maybe instead of gun
control being a silver lining how about a real budget plan!

Are is that radical thinking?

Besides why would he have such little faith in humanity to believe
we'd kill our friends, and family. Does anyone know if crimes like this
was common during the great depression?

Personally I think this is another piece of the plan to enslave us.
They know our guns would be turned on them not ourselves.
So you tell the sheep the dangers that live in your home, and how
government will keep you safe.

I don't know what's sadder ,that they think we'll believe this, or that most will.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by gncnew

My problem with that theory, is who gave the bankers the power and authority to recklessly cause these bubbles??
Woodrow Wilson did in 1913, and nobody has done one damned thing about it since. I thought the charter for the fed was supposed to expire this year? What's going on with that?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

I think your overestimating people's desire to organize against the government. Desperate times make people very self-oriented. They stop looking at the greater good. How many suicides, divorce, and domestic violence stem from money matters now?

You don't think this would increase in a depression?

And while I don't think the gov has a love for us, they don't want us dead - we are the tax base man...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah a man in India with an axe killed 9 women ,because he was upset his wife left him ,if anyone believes the Government wants to get rid of guns to make the public safer ,is living in fairy land ,or a grey alien base under the ocean working with the U.S Government .If the Government gave a damn about the people ,things would be getting better and they NEVER get better only worse !!!!!!!! its purely about control ,same as in the past, and genocide .The ''people'' mean nothing to the Government ,they are just useless ,consuming masses that are an expendable anathema ,they have no second thought about peoples sons being sent off to be slaughtered in spurious wars

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If the Government really cared about saving lives, they'd be focusing on FDA related adverse drug reactions, obesity, diabetes, drunk driving, reckless driving, promoting peace amongst the people rather than division on multiple fronts, educating Americans on increased safety measures, risk management, social acceptance, respect, shall I go on?

Not taking dangerous objects away like we're children.

top topics

join