It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luxury skyscraper hotel completely engulfed by fire in Grozny, Chechnya (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
U can read "OLYMP..." on the building... Olympus Has Fallen ??

hypervocal.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Im betting the building will not pancake collapse after 90 mins

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

WTC7 was not hit by an aircraft.

Where is the free fall and the "pull it" and the "stand down"?

Where, indeed? Sounds like an outstanding topic for the 9/11 forum, in fact.

Of course, it seems there can't be a story about a high rise building fire anywhere in the world anymore without 9/11 being brought into the topic as if they are related or comparable for contrast, for the enthusiasm with which topics are crossed over. Oh well.... A brave new world I suppose.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lastbaboon

Yes, Olympus...

Luxury skyscraper hotel destroyed in massive blaze in Chechnya (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

In the burning skyscrapers, known collectively as 'Olympus', is an apartment belonging to French film star and tax exile Gerard Depardieu. LifeNews tabloid reports local administration confirmed the Frenchman’s apartment is on the 27th floor, facing the so-called 'heart of Grozny'- central mosque.

... and while Olympus was burning:

Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart attend Olympus Has Fallen premiere in London

Actors Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart attend the premiere of Olympus Has Fallen, a film about a terrorist attack on the White House.

Not Gerard Depardieu, but Gerard Butler...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

I thought of that... there is no jet fuel in this event, this will be the argument (eta: one of the arguments).

And it would be a failed argument, because jet fuel burns at a lower temp than a room fire.

It would not increase the heat of the fire, all it would do is accelerate the burn speed causing solid fuel, furniture etc., to burn faster.

Of interest, however, is the peak fire temperature normally associated with room fires. The peak value is governed by ventilation and fuel supply characteristics [12] and so such values will form a wide frequency distribution. Of interest is the maximum value which is fairly regularly found. This value turns out to be around 1200°C, although a typical post-flashover room fire will more commonly be 900~1000°C. The time-temperature curve for the standard fire endurance test, ASTM E 119 [13] goes up to 1260°C, but this is reached only in 8 hr. In actual fact, no jurisdiction demands fire endurance periods for over 4 hr, at which point the curve only reaches 1093°C.

www.doctorfire.com...

Open air burning temperatures

260-315°C (500-599°F)

www.mepetroleum.com...

edit on 4/4/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
USA has some nice demolishin crews that could help bring down and clean up that mess for ya if you like..

they are soooo good they can bring down 3 towers in less than a hr without anyone knowing they are gonna do it.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
reply to post by lastbaboon

Yes, Olympus...

Luxury skyscraper hotel destroyed in massive blaze in Chechnya (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

In the burning skyscrapers, known collectively as 'Olympus', is an apartment belonging to French film star and tax exile Gerard Depardieu. LifeNews tabloid reports local administration confirmed the Frenchman’s apartment is on the 27th floor, facing the so-called 'heart of Grozny'- central mosque.

... and while Olympus was burning:

Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart attend Olympus Has Fallen premiere in London

Actors Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart attend the premiere of Olympus Has Fallen, a film about a terrorist attack on the White House.

Not Gerard Depardieu, but Gerard Butler...

scant news on this. No aftermath follow-up stories... no photos.... None that I can find, anyways.

Possible fishy goings-on:

...is an apartment belonging to French film star and tax exile Gerard Depardieu

For those who don't know, Gerard Depardieu, a beloved French film actor, just left France in a hissy-fit over the belief of being over-taxed.

S late.com article

Another article says that he exiled himself to Belgium.... link. My guess is that he has (or had now) two living locations.

hhhmmmm..... anyone smell a conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Depardieu was given his Russian passport by Putin himself.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am utterly floored and amazed that this building did not fall due to "fire" damage...

I'm thinking the Russian, Chinese, N.Korean, Iranian governments or even a well funded group of individuals who wanted to expose some cockroaches to sunlight could build a set of buildings to exact WTC specs.
Then "they" could fly a jet into 2 of them and not the third and see if even one of them came down.
It seems that with good detective work comes re-enactments sometimes, maybe it is time somebody or some people shed light in this area.
I sure hope the right people see this idea, or would that be the wrong people?

It is hard to tell in this brave new orwellian world and the newspeak.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

What would be REALLY clever is that some people find out how a building is constructed before they make themselves look kind of stupid.

Grozny Towers during construction !!!!

REINFORCED CONCRETE construction in a 3d grid ie internal floor columns you can see the reinforcement at the top of the picture to tie in with the next concrete pour.

WTC TOWERS steel with open plan floors suspended between core and outer wall NO internal columns between floors.

WTC 7 steel with open plan foyer another steel frame layout that could cause loading problems.

When you read about a building fire many on here jump to the usual quotes re 9/11, find out how the buildings are constructed before you make a comment.

It might be just the fact that I work in the construction industry and have for a long time that I bother to check details like that

top topics

<< 1   >>

join