It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun grabbers extatic over recent prosecutor and police killings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Now apply that to every home defense situation. You don't need guns to protect your home.

I'll apply it to a home defense situation that happened not far from my own neighborhood last summer. A woman who lives a couple miles from me was awakened at 3 AM by the sound of breaking glass. A burglar had broken a small window in her garage and squeezed through, then was prying the door open to get in the house. He had a crowbar and some other tools. She called 911 and the operator told her to either hide, run out the door, or some other options I can't remember. The woman has a shotgun. (that surprised me)

The burglar pried the door open and entered the house. The woman shot him dead. A 20-guage to the upper torso and head area.

The cops got there in around 11 minutes. The dead burglar was a violent felon. A multiple offender. He had been out of prison 2 months.

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I want to add another comment to this thread. Strangely enough, I was just surfing the radio dial and caught a Michael Savage rant, with him talking about this very subject. I'm not a fan of his, as I think he's just too bombastic. It's either his way or the highway. Nonetheless, he can make some good points.

He was talking about how the wacko liberals actually want to see people get killed by gun-toting lunatics, so they can further their gun control agenda. Sadly, I think it's true.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sagitaris

Outstanding video. I shall certainly pass it around. I currently own a firearm as I am concerned for the safety of my wife and myself. After the 2008 economic crash, my uncle lost 80% of his savings. He sold his gun collection. Two weeks later, a felon with a lengthy arrest record broke in, killed my uncle and hospitalized my aunt. His 1911 that he kept next to his couch would have prevented that.
Oh, and the alarm system worked fine. After he was shot, and the assailant escaped, the alarm company called to respond to the broken window. 40 minutes later the police showed up.
So IvanAsstikov can go to hell. Armed until I die. The same shall not happen to me and my wife.
Forgot to add my neighbor was robbed and raped about a year ago. I don't live in the ghetto. A decent area of New Orleans.
edit on 4-4-2013 by wilkinsonus because: Pertinent information for the argument of personal safety

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

The average homeowner won't face this.

Now apply that to every home defense situation. You don't need guns to protect your home.

We dont have to prove need. In fact we dont even have to discuss it. We have a constitutional amendment for petes sake which presuposes the cause for having it in the first place.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
I want to add another comment to this thread. Strangely enough, I was just surfing the radio dial and caught a Michael Savage rant, with him talking about this very subject. I'm not a fan of his, as I think he's just too bombastic. It's either his way or the highway. Nonetheless, he can make some good points.

He was talking about how the wacko liberals actually want to see people get killed by gun-toting lunatics, so they can further their gun control agenda. Sadly, I think it's true.

Sadly they know its their only hope of disarming americans and turning constitutionaly protected citizens into felons in one night.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer
Anyone who belives in sane gun laws is a 'gun-grabber'? Gee, I wonder on which side of the argument you fall? Clearly you're of the minority opinion when it comes to gun control. Fortunately, for the rest of us, and our kids, and neighbors, etc, it looks like our country is moving, slowly, towards sensible gun laws. Go 'Gun-Grabbers', (AKA - the majority of the country).

Call it sanity if you like but its also known as unconstitutional. Fortunately yous have only won a few battles in certain states. Fortunately for the rest of the nation some love for the consitution remains healthy.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Actually some of the extaticism is just the criminal "justice" system getting a little bit of what it dishes out all the time. When police knock bicyclers off their bikes, spray pepper spray in the eyes of peaceful demonstrators and shoot innocent people multiple times on their stoops or while their in bed, and the police are not charged with appropriate fines, let alone fired, then they ought to face up to the fact that there's going to be karmic payback sooner or later.

Enough is enough. I'll start feeling sorry for the police, prosecutors and the prison industrial complex overseers when they start obeying the law, and are held to the same standards as everybody else when it comes to punishments for unwarranted violence. If they want respect, they need to give it.

As for gun righters vs gun grabbers, I'm kinda agnostic on the subject; however being armed certainly didn't help the Texas DA who was recently shot and killed, along with his wife, at their home. Perhaps if he had been armed with a M60 and claymore mines, he could have stood his ground.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

The wacko liberals don't need to want it - the wacko gun nuts are all too happy to shoot at anything that looks even remotely like a threat.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

The average homeowner won't face this.

You're right.
Everyone should own a dog AND a gun. While the dog is attacking the intruder, he or she is buying you time to get your gun and take out the perp.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TownCryer

who in the world are you talking to, and what "sane" gun laws are you referring to?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by ColeYounger

The wacko liberals don't need to want it - the wacko gun nuts are all too happy to shoot at anything that looks even remotely like a threat.

Are you PAID to be like this?

does it require special training, or does your level of stupidity come to you naturally?

I really hate to be uncivil, but when reading your post that i quoted here, one can only come to the conclusion that you are either a troll, or just tragically stupid.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
First of all, the term gun grabber is ridiculous. I did not even read the thread, simply because I have enough to say about the title you selected. Even if you did not mean it the way I perceive you did, others are going to think you are talking about anyone who stands up for the 2nd amendment. In fact, those who support the 2nd amendment, no matter what negative connotations people like you give them, are still right, while the rest of you are wrong. Those who support the rights of people to "grab" guns, to have guns, etc. have the US Constitution to bolster their argument.

Not only do they have that, they have the reasoning of the Founding Fathers who put together that document. Just read the commentary by our great Founders like Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, etc. Franklin's comment about those who would give up rights for safety or from fear deserve neither freedom nor rights is just as true now as it was then. People need to realize that these gentlemen foresaw what is happening today all those years ago, and they are talking directly to our generation, given what has occurred politically and what is still occurring now.

So you saying gun grabbers are ecstatic over the killings of peoples is just ridiculous. The term you use is ridiculous, but even more alarming is that once sentence which seems to say that anyone who supports the 2nd amendment is happy over killings of police officers. What you are saying is just irresponsible and ignorant. In an attempt to get their way, despite the law not being on their side, people like this attempt to paint anyone who stands up for their right to bear arms as a monster who would as soon look at someone as kill them. And you see why I use the terms ignorant and irresponsible? And if you did not mean this, you should change your title.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by Daedalus

An ounce of prevention is worth more than a ton of ammo. If you're talking about defending your home, I'm reckoning you'd get more value from a decent home security set-up than you would from an assault rifle and the training you'd need to do anything more than blow your own foot off.

Nonsense.
I told about this on ATS a little while after it happened.These morons went past every passive security measure we have : motion activated flood lights, 3 dogs, surveillance cameras, signs telling the idiots surveillance cameras were running 24/7, no trespassing signs, my gated street, window stickers stating I have a home security system, etc... and still tried to break in my home. Alarms going off.. I confronted them with my firearm. It took the police a little under 45 minutes to get here. 2nd time in my LIFE I have had to draw my weapon in defense of myself, my children and my home. My husband wasnt home at the time... I doubt these jerks wanted to come in and ask for a snack cause they were hungry. If they pass ALL security measures, they are bent on getting in at any cost. I do not live in a "bad" neighborhood, but in real life criminals have vehicles and they come to places like ours to rob and harm people who may get in the way.

Ive never read a more idiotic post than yours concerning this issue. Not only is your advise idiotic and unrealistic, you obviously arent familiar with firearms of any kind.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

um...dude, you REALLY SHOULD read at least the OP before you post...

"gun grabbers" are ANTI-2nd amendment folks who wanna take our guns...

seriously man...wth..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join