It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun grabbers extatic over recent prosecutor and police killings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They cite the cases of the prison warden killed at home, the cop killed chasing down the warden's killer, a district attorney gunned down outside a courthouse and the prosecutor gunned down with his wife in his home by racist gang members. They say this proves the point that, just because you are armed, it doesn't mean you will be able to defend yourself when the bad guys come-a-calling.

Gun Myth Tragically Debunked: Texas DAs Prepared, Armed And Expecting Trouble – Still Assassinated

And that brings us back to marauding hordes. If anything defines civil unrest by an armed group, these last few months do; unrest perpetrated by a highly armed criminal enterprise that apparently is fearless to the repercussions of killing cops and district attorneys. When we realistically look at defending against a marauding horde and home invasion, it seems there is a perception that the “good guy with the gun” will, as he does in the movies, stop the “bad guy with a gun.” In three very clear instances, the victims did not stand a chance. They were armed, prepared and, by all indications, trained to protect themselves and their family. All for naught.

The point: gun enthusiasts say that they need an unlimited arsenal to protect the home, the homestead and society. Yet history has shown that it just doesn’t work that way. Folks who are on alert, who are expecting danger, still can’t stop it. The illusion that is given by gun enthusiasts is that somehow “they would.” It is a dangerous illusion.

Addicting Info

I guess they all want us to just curl up in a ball and wait to die if something like this happens to us. Remember; when seconds count, the police are just minutes away. It seems to be their latest, favorite talking point; a gun won't save you and you'd just be dead anyway so just give up your guns and die peacefully.

During the question and answer period a concerned Denver citizen asked Democratic Representative DeGette how he was supposed to defend himself under the new Colorado gun laws. DeGette smirked and mocked the senior citizen saying,

“The good news for you, you live in Denver. The Denver PD would be there within minutes. (laughing) You’d probably be dead anyway.”

Gateway Pundit

The thing is; these weren't your usual killings; they were assassinations committed by organized criminal gangs who knew in advance that their targets may be armed and showed up wearing body armor and carrying high powered weapons. They were ready to meet resistance and came on using overwhelming force to overcome their targets.

The average homeowner won't face this. Most criminals assume that their potential victims are not armed and, if they know their victim may be armed, often times will move on to the next house. The element of surprise if often what wins the day for armed homeowners. Criminals will often flee at the first sign of armed resistance and aren't prepared to face down an armed homeowner. Most times, intruders are subdued or driven off without any shots being fired.

If anything; this shows that relying on the government for our protection is ineffective. All of the examples they use are government agents who were authorized to carry firearms and trained by the government. If they can't protect themselves, what make anyone think they will do any better job when called to protect ordinary citizens?

I don't know about you but, I'd rather go down fighting and take a few of them with me than sit idly while they killed me, my wife and children. Give me a fighting chance any-day, its better than being killed while waiting for government agents to come save you.

edit on 4/3/13 by FortAnthem because:
____________ extra DIV

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

You make an outstanding point. These weren't the average home defense situations many of us have firearms, in part, to handle someday. God forbid, of course.

Normal situations find criminals who probably didn't intend to rape, murder or ravage everyone in a house on a burglary gone bad or a home invasion. Hesitation on the bad guy's part is as helpful as hesitation on the homeowner's part can be fatal.

In this case? Just as you say ...there wasn't hesitation and it wasn't some other purpose that morphed into multiple murder. They went there with only one purpose.To murder these people, as directly and quickly as possible and in as bloody a way as possible for the public message impact.

The first example, we see another case... Harris County deputy's son shoots one of two intruders and that was no illusion as the original story material would so dishonestly present home defense.

The other? They never had a chance. They were simply animals to be put down, fast and hard to the people who came to kill them. I hope they didn't have time to fully understand what was happening ...that would be the worst, wouldn't it? To look into the eyes of another and know they are GOING to leave that room alive and you aren't...and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop or change that outcome.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The average homeowner won't face this.

Now apply that to every home defense situation. You don't need guns to protect your home.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think they're also jumping to wild conclusions by assuming all these folks were armed and ready. Killings of prosecutors and prison wardens are things that only happen in the movies. Most prosecutors don't run around packing and, if they did, probably wouldn't take their guns into the courthouse where guns are not allowed.

It would be wise and prudent for them to carry off duty but, seeing as how events like this almost never happen outside of Hollywood movies, I doubt most prosecutors or wardens carry. That will probably change after these events but, assuming these guys had access to weapons to defend themselves is a giant leap IMO.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They cant use it to prove one point and not another. Mainly that gun control doesnt work. The dead suspect was a felon in possession that had just been released. Nothing short of the magical eradication of all physics would have kept a gun out of his hands.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Now apply that to every home defense situation. You don't need guns to protect your home.

So you figure just because somebody has not been in a home defense situation ever in their life, that they shouldn't have a gun?

Again, self defense situations are not 1 size fits all, I don't understand why anti gun arguments always consist of what you just said.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

They do realize that most of this occurred in Texas, right? Whether the DAs were killed despite being armed or not, their uber-liberal, gun grabbing, Jedi mind tricks have no power here!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

So you figure just because somebody has not been in a home defense situation ever in their life, that they shouldn't have a gun?

Again, self defense situations are not 1 size fits all, I don't understand why anti gun arguments always consist of what you just said.

NVM - Tablet is going crazy

edit on 3-4-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I just don't understand the mentality of the "lay down and die" crowd. Do they really think that guns are such an evil to society that we'd all be better off not defending ourselves against violence?

How can someone think they'd be better off dead than by using a gun to protect themselves?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

How can someone think they'd be better off dead than by using a gun to protect themselves?

I bet the thought has crossed George Zimmerman's mind on several occasions, since the night he took an unarmed teen's life as a result of his own poor judgement.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

you know....i love to count how many posts it takes before you lot show up.....in by the 3rd...good job...

what do you lot do, constantly refresh the trending page, LOOKING for gun threads to troll?

pathetic...go get a real job. ....anyway, in the spirit of proper discourse, what would you recommend we defend our homes and families with?
edit on 4-4-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

it's all emotion, and opinion, and stupidity. they don't want/need/have guns, so their broken logic dictates that if they don't want/need/have them, nobody needs/should want/should have them....makes perfect sense, yes?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

I bet the thought has crossed George Zimmerman's mind on several occasions, since the night he took an unarmed teen's life as a result of his own poor judgement.

oooh, look, another one...

dude, just stop.

unbelievable....as if constantly trotting out 20 dead kids to push their dumbass agenda isn't enough, now they gotta dig up trayvon?....have these idiots no respect for the dead?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

An ounce of prevention is worth more than a ton of ammo. If you're talking about defending your home, I'm reckoning you'd get more value from a decent home security set-up than you would from an assault rifle and the training you'd need to do anything more than blow your own foot off.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

dude, just stop.

unbelievable....as if constantly trotting out 20 dead kids to push their dumbass agenda isn't enough, now they gotta dig up trayvon?....have these idiots no respect for the dead?

If an asshole gun owner - who shouldn't have been allowed anything more dangerous than a spud gun in his possesion - hadn't put him in the ground, he wouldn't need to be dug back up.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

An ounce of prevention is worth more than a ton of ammo. If you're talking about defending your home, I'm reckoning you'd get more value from a decent home security set-up than you would from an assault rifle and the training you'd need to do anything more than blow your own foot off.

it is painfully obvious to me that you have ZERO experience with firearms.. provided you have an IQ somewhere north of room temperature, learning proper firearm safety is NOT difficult...and who in the HELL said ANYTHING about an "assault rifle"? Of course, if one can get a class 3 license, and acquire an ACTUAL assault rifle, and they are properly trained in it's use, then honestly, why not?....but no...we're talking common weapons owned for defensive purposes...pistols, shotguns, that sort of things...but you don't like ANY guns, do you?...i honestly don't know why i'm wasting my time, you'll just make up whatever BS argument you need to so you can feel like you're correct, even though you couldn't be more wrong..

a home security system does what, exactly?....make a lot of noise?...maybe call the cops for you, if it's hooked up properly? and what, exactly is it that you would recommend the homeowner do between the time the break in occurs, and the police arrive?

if noise was all that was needed to deter crime, then shouting, and harsh language would solve ALL of our problems, and a stern talking to would set criminals straight....if you believe that, then i truly feel sorry for you, because you are living in a naive, idealistic fantasy world that exists only in your own head...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

dude, just stop.

If an asshole gun owner - who shouldn't have been allowed anything more dangerous than a spud gun in his possesion - hadn't put him in the ground, he wouldn't need to be dug back up.

i'm not going to argue the details of that case with you, because we obviously have very different views on that particular subject.

but here's an original idea....how about debating the gun issue based on facts, and not appeals to emotion, and constantly beating people over the head with corpses? he doesn't NEED to be dug up.....i'd appreciate it if you could show a little more class than the MSM...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

When taking a look at governments that have stripped their citizens of guns. Over 100 million people total throughout all countries have been killed by their government, because those citizens were defenseless from their governments attack on them.

Yes these horrifying acts committed by sick demented individuals on American soil caused a lot of grief, but that is only the tip of the iceberg. If we take away our armor(our guns) and let them freely point their guns at us we will soon see the government making these horrible acts, and when they do it will be to late to try and protect ourselves.

AND DONT TELL ME THE CONSTITUTION WILL PROTECT US FROM OUR GOVERNMENT WHEN ITS THE CONSTITUTION YOU SEEK TO DESTROY.

Watch this video if you think guns are too violent creations for average individuals think of those 100 million people who suffered the ultimate violent act(death) from their government with no way of protecting themselves.

MAKE A DIFFERENCE SHARE THIS VIDEO! and if you still don't think guns protect us, then open a f#$%ing history book and educate yourself! Find out what happened to the people that had no way of protecting themselves. Those horrifying acts from Cambodia are 100x worse than what you saw on TV.

edit on 4-4-2013 by Sagitaris because: fixed youtube video

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
No person, armed or not, can easily be prepared for a coordinated assassination without warning by numerous individuals.

But we know this and they do too, however in their world of gun grabbing campaigns the consideration of all variables involved, as well as logic, is abandoned in the name of politics and furthering of the agenda.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Anyone who belives in sane gun laws is a 'gun-grabber'? Gee, I wonder on which side of the argument you fall? Clearly you're of the minority opinion when it comes to gun control. Fortunately, for the rest of us, and our kids, and neighbors, etc, it looks like our country is moving, slowly, towards sensible gun laws. Go 'Gun-Grabbers', (AKA - the majority of the country).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join