It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman 8 Months Pregnant Tasered? Excessive Police Force?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Dude, I'm not falling for the bait. :/ nice try though.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

LEO generally means law enforcement officer (not public servant)... though I may be taking his quote out of context. Just trying to answer the question.

link   
reply to post by Bioshock

You're off topic and sidetracking the thread.

link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
reply to post by kimish

What happened to physically trying to stop her? He pulled his tazer and shot before he was even close to her (you can hear it clicking away until his fat ass gets to her).

My suggestion: Quit eating at Dunkin Donuts everyday all day and get in some kind of shape so you can physically do your job without resorting to the cattle pod. (Not you.....I also mean no offense).

How's that?

edit on 5-4-2013 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

actually, no....

he already had his taser drawn by the time he got to them, but it had not been fired....he used the drive stun feature on her. in that mode, the barbs do not deploy..it's the same as a stun gun.

but you are correct about the officer not even attempting to physically restrain her....it is PLAINLY obvious that the thought had not even crossed his mind, as evidenced by him having drawn his taser immediately upon exiting his cruiser...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Dude, I'm not falling for the bait. :/ nice try though.

I'm not baiting you mate, genuinely interested to know what you mean, I have tried Google and its no help. Can you not PM me if said info is of a controversial nature?
edit on 5-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I apologize, I was simply curious. I'm glad you took the time to discuss this with me though.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

nobody is touching your comments because they are off-topic. if you want to talk about abortion, start a thread about abortion. this thread is about about the incident in the video, and associated news article from the OP...please stay on topic, or i shall have no other choice than to notify the mods.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

No harm, no foul.

Once you hit that 20th post take all that info you put in this thread into your own thread. A thread of that nature is bound to get many replies.

On topic: Has there been any updates that anyone knows of? Such as the officer losing his job or if the womans unborn is ok?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

It seems to me that if you didn't want to talk about pregnancy, you would not include pregnancy in the thread title.

Regardless, I will simply leave this thread rather than point out more hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Starting a thread on the subject sounds like the best course of action Bioshock(Love the name and the game by the way).

Only a few more posts and you can do just that mate.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bioshock
reply to post by Daedalus

It seems to me that if you didn't want to talk about pregnancy, you would not include pregnancy in the thread title.

Regardless, I will simply leave this thread rather than point out more hypocrisy.

your're silly, and your mind works in un-good ways....i can tell we'll probably meet again....

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Maybe if she wasn't throwing haymakers she wouldn't have been tazed and put her baby in danger. Sounds like she should probably lose her baby for being unstable.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozymandias121

Do you mean said infant be taken from her at birth???

That implication seems rather harsh given that this could also possibly be attributed and put down to road rage!

People do silly things, especially behind the wheel of a car. And just look at the Police mans actions. You cannot think that was an acceptable way to handle the situation.

Why take there children?

Where is there any implication that she will be a bad parent?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

If things were fair, that cop should be on trial for attempted murder.

It was an "accident" right? See it that way and they might drop it. If they can save face, they might relent. Go after them and... maybe not. That sucks. Good luck. I had a bunch of swat team all pointing their suppressed MP5s at me one day. We just stood there.

I remember thinking, "Donnn't sneeze".

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Apparently there IS more to the story than the video shows. The boyfriend of the pregnant woman was in a fight with the first police officer before the video shooting started. That would explain why by the time the video is started the officer is yelling for help from his backup and sounds panicked. The boyfriend had knocked the cop down onto the ground at one point prior to the video taping.

You can see in the video from the point where it starts that she is trying to get in the middle of the fight between the 1st officer and her boyfriend. She at the very least shoves him and then it hard to tell what she is doing as it becomes chaotic with her leaning forward/bending down towards the first cop's chest or waist and the 2nd cop comes charging in.

You can see the actual hand written police report here:

files.sj-r.com...

The State Journal Register is the local paper for Springfield, IL. Here is the link to a later article stating they were within compliance of police policies and it is where I got the link for the officer's report.
www.sj-r.com...

In a related article it seems the guy might get punished by his job for attacking the cop:
www.springfieldleaks.com...
It says he attacked a coworker a couple years ago, too. If true that lends more belief that he fought with the officer since a lot of people are only seeing the beginning of the video and judging everything based on that.

Don't fight or try to jump in the middle of a fight with the police. I feel bad for the pregnant lady getting tased, but come on, common sense says when adrenaline is rushing and fighting is going on don't get in the middle. That bystander that ran up in the video off to the side could have made the cops nervous as well if he had kept running at them and got closer than he did. They have no idea (especially the backup officer responding to the scene) what is going on. They could have thought he was going to jump in the fight, too.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh well given the information now provided, it looks like both him and her were to some degree at fault.

Still don't think the Police should have tased an 8 month pregnant woman.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bioshock
I want to state that I am by no means defending these actions, but I'm simply curious. If the baby was killed in the process, would it be murder? Because from what I've seen through all the "woman's rights" ideas, the baby isn't alive until it's born... even then it's up to the mother if she wants to have the spinal cord snipped (her womanly right apparently). So was this baby alive... or is it only alive if the mother says it's alive? Was this a medical procedure?

I'm so confused.

I think it is considered murder by laws on the books if the baby in utero is passed the age of viability. Lets not turn this into a pro-life topic. This about excessive police force and brutality.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Don't know how old you are but once upon a time there were no tasers. Big men were subdued by police day in day out. I suppose if they bought in waterboarding to get confessions you'd be their cheerleeder.

I remember that time - it was also the time when women acted like women and not huge cows. It was also the time teenage girls didn't run around in packs beating up on ladies. It was also the time when cops were stud muffins and not stuffed muffins.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

This happened here where I live. She attacked the Police Officer while he was attempting to separate her boyfriend and another man. If you're pregnant and care about your unborn, it's best to not assault an officer of the law. She made a poor choice that I hope doesn't effect her child.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Try laying on your stomach when your 8 months pregnant,its very uncomfortable and not really good for the baby.If thats resisting an officer the officer needs to have some common sense.I would like to see his wife at 8 months pregnant laying on a parking lot on her stomach and see how he would feel about it.I've had 2 kids and know I couldn't get on my stomach that late in the pregnancy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join