It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman 8 Months Pregnant Tasered? Excessive Police Force?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by ThreeBears

Would you care to prove and elaborate on how this was blatant racism? Or are you just throwing that card out there for #s and giggles?

So some fat white cop tasers a black pregnant lady, with no camera evidence leading up to the incident or after, just during, and your saying there is no racial motivation?

To me that says we must at least entertain the notion that this altercation could be racially motivated.

Do you think the situation would have played out in the same fashion had the lady in question been of caucasian persuasion?
edit on 5-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Don't think the caucasion woman would've given the cop a hard time given the reputation leo has with blacks.
edit on 5-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Why not, white people can become irate also in situations such as this, especially when pregnant.

I know this because i'm married to one!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Notice nobody will touch my statement.

If this woman walked into a clinic and got that child aborted at 8 months, nobody would say a word.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bioshock

How can you have an abortion at 8 months? That would most definitely be murder!

If this is the case America has changed somewhat! I'm in the UK by the way.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

How can you have an abortion at 8 months?

If this is the case America has changed somewhat! I'm in the UK by the way.

Oh you didn't see the recent story? Please read this:

AP Calls Philly Abortion Doctor Who Snipped Spinal Cords Of Babies Born Alive “An Elegant Man”…

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The definition of "excessive' has changed as much over the years as the very concept of our civilian, community police forces...

My (late) brother was a cop in Marietta, Georgia back in the 1970s and while the job was even then dangerous, the approach to various situations was quite different than today.

The very idea of the police tasing a pregnant woman is, today, still shocking but sadly, not surprising. Much of the transformation began with 9.11 as it became the excuse for a whole host of make-overs in government, from Washington down to those in your own town.

So... while we the people may find such actions still excessive, those we elect and those they train as something akin to a paramilitary force, see it as just another day at war with those they used to protect and serve.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I wonder if the officer turned the voltage up?

After all he was tasing for two..

Being pregnant does not give you a free pass to act like a child yourself... Shut up and lawyer up, fighting the police in this situation is always a loosing battle.. They go to arrest you and one little flinch they can add resisting as an aggravate. If you have done no wrong beat them in court... This pregnant women was in the wrong and the cop got a little trigger happy. Lady did not act that way the cop would not of pulled the taser, cop did not pull the taser this would not even be a story..
edit on 5-4-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
Well, if we CAN see the video, I would bet there is more there than what we see in this one. There is SO much off with this story.

what is wrong with you? ..there's paranoid, and then there's paranoid...

1. The start of the incident is cut off. Supposedly, she's confronting someone about allegedly hitting her car, and they don't get that on video? I don't buy it. The fact that we don't see all of the footage indicates there is something they don't want us to see. Even at the start of the video we do see, she's clearly shoving at the cop, who is about pinned between the vehicles, with her and her guy (who calls her "baby mama", so no way to know the relationship), and is in a threatening situation. The other cops comes up, sees her from behind, with NO WAY to know she's pregnant, sees the other cop pinned, and pulls a non-lethal weapon to get control of the situation. Under those circumstances, based on what we do see, he's justified.

firstly, maybe there IS no more footage....you're implying that it's been creatively edited to make the cops look bad...and all because...shame on these silly people for not being able to record every moment of everything they do, for public viewing....

secondly, why does the second cop feel he needs a weapon in the first place? i'm not saying women in general are weak, but the size difference between the the officer, and the woman is plain to see...he didn't need any weapon.

2. Seems clear that the people making the video know her, and know she's pregnant. They shout it, after the taser goes off, when WE can't see it at all. The fact that they seem to know the woman, and are in the car making a video, practically screams "set up" to me. Probably for the guy that supposedly hit her car, but later to make her out to be a victim. Being pregnant isn't an excuse for bad behavior. If some guy hit her car, the simple solution is to get the plate number and call the police. There isn't a need to get in his face, as someone stated she did. That is, in fact, endangering her child, as she has no idea what that person might do. Right there, she didn't place the safety of the baby first. The video maker states he's making it, making a point of it, with clear intent to post it and make the cops look bad. Leaving off the start certainly does that, from most of the comments here. Then, they claim someone else, presumably a cop, is trying to "block" the video, all the while placing a finger over the lens, when NO ONE ELSE is anywhere near them at the moment.

no, it doesn't seem clear that they know one another..it could simply be that they saw the situation unfolding, and decided to record it....police brutality videos get lots of hits on youtube....not to mention, they make great evidence, if a case goes to court. and yeah, one of the cops was intentionally trying to block the recording, because he kept moving with the recorder, staying in his line of sight with the action.

continued next post

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I am shocked, horrified and sickened by that info dude. Thanks for bringing it to my attention all the same.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

I am shocked, horrified and sickened by that info dude. Thanks for bringing it to my attention all the same.

That's not it though, in the US some "lawmakers" (not public servants) want abortions up to age 3. And that's why when I see things like this thread I have to ask: when is someone alive? Because obviously some of our politicians don't even think a person is alive until beyond age 3. And people will actually line up in America to defend these practices and yet be outraged when a pregnant woman is tasered. The baby is alive only when the mother says so. Murder IS NOT murder in America according to Liberals.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

3. Later, we hear the video maker state he has "no ID". How convenient..... He also, supposedly, has no phone number. Gee, what was he using for the video? My guess is, based on what most people carry, a cell phone camera! So, odds are very good he flat out lied to the police.

ok, and? he had nothing to do with the situation, did nothing wrong, and understands his rights...he knows he is not legally required to produce I.D. on command, and does not have to provide the officer with ANY information, unless he is being detained, arrested, etc

people have the right NOT to talk to an officer if they feel disinclined to do so...

All in all, I have a hard time believing the story we are being offered. When I can see the cop stuck between two cars, see her shoving at him, and the guy right there, and he's got to call for help, I can't see her as a victim. She was NOT, from anything I could see in the video, ever on her stomach. She was sideways, then seated. From what I could see, it did look like she was fighting with the cop, too. She could have bent and placed her hands on the car. She didn't. She could have avoided the actions that made her be arrested in the first place. Pregnancy is NOT a free pass to misbehave.

i'm not trying to turn this into something it isn't, but i hafta ask, in all seriousness....would you feel the story was more believable, if the couple in question had been white? i've seen some things in this thread, regarding certain attitudes, that kinda disturb me....

and yes, she was on her side, after the officer drive stunned her...and then he got on top of her....if you don't think that kind of physical strain puts a fetus at risk, then you are quite mistaken.

I am all for cops not going too far, and have seen some videos of serious abuse of power, and even excessive force (like that horrific strip search video). From this, I can't say this is such a case. Plus, what is all the upset from many about a taser? What is the cop supposed to do, to protect another cop? Shoot? Smack people with a billy club? They have tasers because those are non-lethal, and don't cause serious harm in most cases. If she'd done what she did in some places (Germany comes to mind) the cops could, quite legally, punch her. No, they used a non-lethal weapon, instead. Pinned cop, clearly being threatened, even in this abbreviated video, and the other guy had reason. Finally, why is there a need to bring race into this (not you, Grim)? How about people behave, and stop looking for excuses not to?

the fuss about the taser is that it is far too often misused....it is not a "non-lethal" tool...it is a "less-lethal" tool....and more often than not, it is used as a non-compliance torture device.... tasers are SUPPOSED to be for subduing individuals that, before tasers, would have required the use of lethal force to stop. now, it's just the go to thing...police treat them like toys...

he could have VERY EASILY grabbed her from behind, and cuffed her...there was no need to put her on the ground..

bottom line: while the video in question does not show the ENTIRE episode, from collision, to booking, it does show an instance of police using excessive force. to imply that this whole thing was a setup is silly, and indicates a level of paranoia that is approaching "unhealthy"

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

That's terrible! Which states are suggesting its ok to murder a child before they are three years old?

Because I guarantee if that's the case then there are ritualistic satanic implications!

Sounds like an old X-Files scenario to me! Eugenics much America!

Sorry i'm off topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by Grimpachi

I feel like this would worsen the trigger happyness further. I see the problem is also the "call for backup" even if there are two officers facing a child. I see this in many videos. Their comrades rush to the scene, jump out and join whatever the backup-caller does at the moment.

And its understandable.

Imagine you get a call for backup over radio. You don´t know exactly whats going on but you know one thing, your comrade is in trouble and needs your help. You arrive at the "crime-scene" and you rush out of the car, everything happens fast. In my opinion, unnecessary calls for backup are one big piece of the problem cake.
edit on 5-4-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

this is true....but then some of them go overboard...

years ago, i was out with a couple of friends, one of which was a coworker...we has stopped into work to see one of our coworkers about something..

as we were coming out, my coworker was putting his phone in his pocket, and as luck would have it, a cop was coming around the corner at just the moment my coworker was putting his silver phone in the breast pocket of his shirt, which was inside his jacket.

even though he knew both of us, because he was our normal officer (we always got to know the officer assigned to patrol the complex), he still got out of his cruiser, crouched behind his door, drew his weapon, aimed it at my coworker, and told us not to move....he calls for backup...within 45 seconds, there are no fewer than 9 cruisers, all with their lights on, some of them pointing glocks at us, some with shotguns....the most notible of which was the last officer to arrive....she was driving the wrong way on highway, cut across traffic, popped a curb. drove over a yard, and into the parking lot, gets out of her cruiser, and aims a shotgun at me.....so much crama, when she can already see there are more than enough officers on the scene at the time....all this over a goddamn cell phone...

they ALWAYS overdo it with the backup. and the event in the video is no exception.....look how many cruisers are there for just two unarmed people....it's a joke..

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Nobody answered your question because it really isn't relevant. If she had been tased in the stomach or struck in the stomach, then yeah, it would be relevant to bring up.

If you haven't done a thread on the Abortion stuff you're talking about it'd be a good Idea too. More people need informed on things like that.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Then why, I wonder, is the term "8 months pregnant" in the thread title?

Just curious.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Did you read the OP? Or did you read the headline and go strait to posting?
It states she was pregnant because A) it adds shock value to the story and B) she was pregnant and it's wrong for a pregnant woman to get tased. Bringing up abortion, to the depth that you have in this thread, is a little of topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I did read the OP and I asked the question as to why it's wrong for a pregnant woman to be tased when that same pregnant woman can walk into any clinic in this country and have the same child murdered... I mean aborted without any "shock value" added?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Don't think the caucasion woman would've given the cop a hard time given the reputation leo has with blacks.

I'm in the UK, I have no idea what "given the reputation leo has with blacks" means, can you explain please?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join