It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman 8 Months Pregnant Tasered? Excessive Police Force?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
what if the shock from the taser induced early labor? what if it killed the unborn infant, what then?
this is sick, if that happened to my sons mom when she was preg, i can tell you that someone would be going to the hospital, and it wouldnt be me

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Do some Research on the Rape BDSM manuals cops use, the astronomical numbers of horrendous domestic violence cases involving Cops, talk to the women who Know what they are. I'd trust a Burmese python before I EVER trust a cop. Especially around females.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by daryllyn

They may have thought she was obese and claiming to be pregnant.

Actually had this happen to me. This lady was walking down the street talking on her phone, saw me, then asked if she could get a ride home. I politely told her no and continued what I was doing. She then asks me again, only this time she tells me she is pregnant and didn't want to walk home in the heat because of her baby. She was 'big' so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. She kept changing the directions to her residence - even told the person whom she was talking to on the phone that she had a ride...then asked him if he wanted to go somewhere after and that its OK that I'll give them all a ride. ...I stopped in the middle of the street and told her to get out - she then said that her house is just down the street - I replied 'then you don't have far to walk, get out.,

But I'm sure the lady in this video is 8 months pregnant. Hope her unborn child wasn't hurt. Even though she had enough guts to get in the face of the supposed guy that hit her car that she couldn't let the police do their job. The police officers should have used more thought in this matter...and used pepper spray instead.

Seeing one side to a story and passing judgment is dumb. Looking at this situation, without being a part of it, and using some skewed hindsight is very childish by definition.

Edit-guess the other guy in the video was her baby daddy. Saw this video from another link and didn't click on the op's link for the written info. It seemed she was also tassed on the thigh so the officer did take her being prego into account. Guess he wasn't such a bad guy after all...

Always hated Mondays..
edit on 5-4-2013 by ChuckNasty because: autocorrect

edit on 5-4-2013 by ChuckNasty because: actually read the story to the linked video.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I don't condone the force the officers used, I think it was unacceptable, other means could've and should've been used.

However, playing devils advocate, when you obstruct justice you should expect to be dealt with. I also find it ironic that you only see what the person recording wants you to see. I don't recall seeing how the whole incident started or what led up to where the video begins in the Youtube video.

I was thinking the same thing. WHERE is the rest of the video? What was happening over there, to cause another cop to have to rush in? Her being pregnant doesn't excuse attacking a cop, and all we have is her word that she didn't, as we don't get the entire video. When we can see the WHOLE thing, then, and only then, will I form an opinion. If she did, in fact, attack a cop while pregnant, SHE endangered her own child. If she didn't, then the entire video could prove that. The fact that we don't have all of it makes me believe someone is lying, to make people mad at the cops.

Well, since this was in a Best Buy lot, I would be they have surveillance videos, that will PROVE what actually happened. Anyone want to place odds to who is really at fault? I would bet we hear NOTHING from this woman after this initial story, because the videos show she did, in fact, make a move against the cop. Any takers?
edit on 5-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: just because

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I am almost speechless. If a pregnant women slapped me or whatever she did and I tased her then I would be prosecuted for assault yet he is cool to do it. The cops that a lot of American states seem to be employing have no brains at all or a very limited vocabulary, scream n shout then force. Can't reason and discuss, cops mostly create there own drama. Plus this cop has no moral compass. His mother when she was carrying him should have been tased a few times and saved the world from a new breed of SS Nazi stormtroopers

edit on 5-4-2013 by patriot20001 because: added more

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Don’t be so sure about the surveillance video. Remember the guy the cops killed coming out of a Costco there were plenty of eye witnesses that the police overstepped and basically murdered him but when it came time for it to go to court the surveillance system recordings were nowhere to be found.

Big business will always help out the Leos why would they go against their own protection. They are simply a form of paid protection no different than how mafia works.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by kimish

Let's just embed the video so you can watch it again....

The cops did not tell her to lay on her stomach.

Wrong. The cops say "get on the ground or you'll get tased". She then says she can't because she is pregnant. He then tases her, then throws himself on top of her.

There's more to this story than we are told and what we see from the video

Don't care if there is, it's irrelevant to the force being used. Two men do not need a taser in order to subdue a woman, especially after she tells you she is pregnant over and over again.

Last I knew pregnant women do sleep laying down.

Not an 8 month pregnant one

police aren't robots or cyborgs, they are human just like us.

And? I'm human and I know I'm surely not going to go into a rage and taser a pregnant woman because she said she couldn't get on the ground because she was pregnant.

"Lay down on the ground." is NOT "Lay down on your stomach", or "face down". They told her to get on the ground, NOT on her stomach. Plus, at the "beginning" (meaning the part her clear FRIENDS, since the video maker can be heard stating "she's pregnant"...), you can see her pushing at the cop! Oh, and someone 8 months pregnant can, and DOES, sleep lying down. I have five kids, and always got horizontal to sleep. I also didn't go around shoving cops. The only rage I heard there was from her, yelling at the cop before the other one arrived. Again, where is the rest of the video???

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

I don't condone the force the officers used, I think it was unacceptable, other means could've and should've been used.

However, playing devils advocate, when you obstruct justice you should expect to be dealt with. I also find it ironic that you only see what the person recording wants you to see. I don't recall seeing how the whole incident started or what led up to where the video begins in the Youtube video.

I was thinking the same thing. WHERE is the rest of the video? What was happening over there, to cause another cop to have to rush in? Her being pregnant doesn't excuse attacking a cop, and all we have is her word that she didn't, as we don't get the entire video. When we can see the WHOLE thing, then, and only then, will I form an opinion. If she did, in fact, attack a cop while pregnant, SHE endangered her own child. If she didn't, then the entire video could prove that. The fact that we don't have all of it makes me believe someone is lying, to make people mad at the cops.

Well, since this was in a Best Buy lot, I would be they have surveillance videos, that will PROVE what actually happened. Anyone want to place odds to who is really at fault? I would bet we hear NOTHING from this woman after this initial story, because the videos show she did, in fact, make a move against the cop. Any takers?
edit on 5-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: just because

Not sure about the rest of the video, but did anyone else notice the sound of distress in the officers voice at the beginning? Some serious crap must have or was about to happen...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I think your forgetting here the seriousness of the taser as a weapon. It was originally brought in to disarm offenders non lethally. A woman could be brought to heel with two men just physically subduing her. This is a case of a weapon being used for compliance as was originally feared by rights groups. So basically it is a torture device for non compliance. I WILL LIGHT YOU UP BABY. and your baby. Sick

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Don’t be so sure about the surveillance video. Remember the guy the cops killed coming out of a Costco there were plenty of eye witnesses that the police overstepped and basically murdered him but when it came time for it to go to court the surveillance system recordings were nowhere to be found.

Big business will always help out the Leos why would they go against their own protection. They are simply a form of paid protection no different than how mafia works.

Well, if we CAN see the video, I would bet there is more there than what we see in this one. There is SO much off with this story.

1. The start of the incident is cut off. Supposedly, she's confronting someone about allegedly hitting her car, and they don't get that on video? I don't buy it. The fact that we don't see all of the footage indicates there is something they don't want us to see. Even at the start of the video we do see, she's clearly shoving at the cop, who is about pinned between the vehicles, with her and her guy (who calls her "baby mama", so no way to know the relationship), and is in a threatening situation. The other cops comes up, sees her from behind, with NO WAY to know she's pregnant, sees the other cop pinned, and pulls a non-lethal weapon to get control of the situation. Under those circumstances, based on what we do see, he's justified.

2. Seems clear that the people making the video know her, and know she's pregnant. They shout it, after the taser goes off, when WE can't see it at all. The fact that they seem to know the woman, and are in the car making a video, practically screams "set up" to me. Probably for the guy that supposedly hit her car, but later to make her out to be a victim. Being pregnant isn't an excuse for bad behavior. If some guy hit her car, the simple solution is to get the plate number and call the police. There isn't a need to get in his face, as someone stated she did. That is, in fact, endangering her child, as she has no idea what that person might do. Right there, she didn't place the safety of the baby first. The video maker states he's making it, making a point of it, with clear intent to post it and make the cops look bad. Leaving off the start certainly does that, from most of the comments here. Then, they claim someone else, presumably a cop, is trying to "block" the video, all the while placing a finger over the lens, when NO ONE ELSE is anywhere near them at the moment.

3. Later, we hear the video maker state he has "no ID". How convenient..... He also, supposedly, has no phone number. Gee, what was he using for the video? My guess is, based on what most people carry, a cell phone camera! So, odds are very good he flat out lied to the police.

All in all, I have a hard time believing the story we are being offered. When I can see the cop stuck between two cars, see her shoving at him, and the guy right there, and he's got to call for help, I can't see her as a victim. She was NOT, from anything I could see in the video, ever on her stomach. She was sideways, then seated. From what I could see, it did look like she was fighting with the cop, too. She could have bent and placed her hands on the car. She didn't. She could have avoided the actions that made her be arrested in the first place. Pregnancy is NOT a free pass to misbehave.

I am all for cops not going too far, and have seen some videos of serious abuse of power, and even excessive force (like that horrific strip search video). From this, I can't say this is such a case. Plus, what is all the upset from many about a taser? What is the cop supposed to do, to protect another cop? Shoot? Smack people with a billy club? They have tasers because those are non-lethal, and don't cause serious harm in most cases. If she'd done what she did in some places (Germany comes to mind) the cops could, quite legally, punch her. No, they used a non-lethal weapon, instead. Pinned cop, clearly being threatened, even in this abbreviated video, and the other guy had reason. Finally, why is there a need to bring race into this (not you, Grim)? How about people behave, and stop looking for excuses not to?
edit on 5-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: clarification

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
Not sure about the rest of the video, but did anyone else notice the sound of distress in the officers voice at the beginning? Some serious crap must have or was about to happen...

YES. He was also practically pinned between two cars, with her and the "baby daddy" (since he called her his "baby mama"), and she was PUSHING him. You can see it, even in this abbreviated video. The guys doing the video were waiting to record it, too. If she was so concerned about that baby, why would she confront some guy that supposedly hit her car (and I think that could have been a set up, too, and the original reason for the video...), instead of simply getting a plate number, and reporting it? Why shove at a cop? I have been pregnant several times, and could not imagine being so careless. She didn't even bring up being pregnant till after the guy doing the video did.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
[, more]

You say its justified but why? The taser is not for compliance like a baton, it is for armed or dangerous offenders. How can a woman of that size be dangerous? You have already started to equate a high voltage device with a pair of cuffs or batton which it is not.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
[, more]

You say its justified but why? The taser is not for compliance like a baton, it is for armed or dangerous offenders. How can a woman of that size be dangerous? You have already started to equate a high voltage device with a pair of cuffs or batton which it is not.

A woman that sized? She must be pushing 190 and is full of prego hormone. She was also being highly confrontational and noncompliant. Was the cop supposed to grab the lady by the hair? How about kindly holding her arm and plead with her to stop... How about a choke hold? Think she was lucky only to get zapped in her thigh.

It was a good thing she wasn't in a more open space...she might of charged at them.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I feel like this would worsen the trigger happyness further. I see the problem is also the "call for backup" even if there are two officers facing a child. I see this in many videos. Their comrades rush to the scene, jump out and join whatever the backup-caller does at the moment.

And its understandable.

Imagine you get a call for backup over radio. You don´t know exactly whats going on but you know one thing, your comrade is in trouble and needs your help. You arrive at the "crime-scene" and you rush out of the car, everything happens fast. In my opinion, unnecessary calls for backup are one big piece of the problem cake.
edit on 5-4-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

[, more]

A Taser IS for compliance like a Baton...it is NOT for armed offenders....thats like bringing a knife to a gun fight

High voltage is to make the offender compliant enough to get cuffs on without a struggle. More injuries to offenders occur when struggling during the cuffing procedure...skin vs steel...steel wins.

An officers decision which tool to use is defined by his perceived threat. In the video Officer #1 is dealing with the man...who is clearly fighting him over whatever. Officer # 2 responds to aid his partner and is met by the woman who is clearly resisting him...So how do the two officers "nicely" restrain either of them when they are both fighting?

The taser resolved the threat as quickly as possible...unless you think he should have used the baton to inflict blunt trauma?

Officers dont differentiate what you say to them when you resist or fight....in fact they have no reason to believe a word you say while fighting them....would you?

Also they are not the be all know all authoritarian addicts you think they are...when you respond to a scene and see your partner fighting with two people what are you supposed to do...get everyones biographical info before you act? thats crazy.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

[, more]

The cop was clearly pinned, and she was at the least shoving at him. He was in a threatening situation, and we do not know of there was a weapon or not. Even if not, two people, one cop? Would you seriously think the second cop hitting her with a baton was better?? Really? One doesn't have to be armed to be dangerous. Plus, size isn't a factor. I have known some pretty small people that were VERY dangerous, if the need arose. Heck, at 5'5", I have intimidated people, if they were threatening a friend or family member. Bruce Lee wasn't a very big guy.

The cop was stuck between the cars, with two people crowding him, and one of those very belligerent in her behavior. He called for backup, and the other cop saw the BACK of this woman, and the first cop stuck there. He didn't strike her, which definitely would have been called excessive force, and he didn't shoot; he used a taser. Non-lethal. Painful, but with stopping power, which is the entire point. Pepper spray would not have worked from the back. If she didn't want that result, she should have kept her hands to herself, stopped yelling at the guy, and acted in a calm and rational manner.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Look im not saying that the Officers actions here were right or wrong.

What i am saying is that Law Enforcement personnel respond to all manner of call outs....and they never know quite what it is they are walking into..starting crap with them is never going to end well.

They are not omnipotent...they rarely know all the facts. There is absolutely no way for them to know who is pregnant, has a heart condition, only has one lung, foot, kidney, whatever.

They are trained to deescalate the use of force whenever possible...but that doesnt mean the are not going to react if threatened in any way.

They just people dealing with the expectations and hollywood know it all judgement our society throws at them. And along the way the try to resolve our crap peacefully if they can, and forcefully if they must. They are certainly not going to make everyone happy all the time doing it. But if you chose to get physical you will not like the end result.

Now, are there those in uniform who may abuse this? sure. But the same can be said for any in power in any profession.

All im saying is stop expecting the police to take peoples bull#. You wouldnt.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
what if the shock from the taser induced early labor? what if it killed the unborn infant, what then?
this is sick, if that happened to my sons mom when she was preg, i can tell you that someone would be going to the hospital, and it wouldnt be me

Just think of the neurological damage a Taser charge could cause to the unborn baby's system?

Somebody should take said Taser weapon to the officers nether region!

Not once, not twice, since three times the charm!

Zap that Bacon!!!
edit on 5-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Cop 1:" Help Help!"

Cop 2: "im on the way"

Cop 2 arrives: "Maam , Sir please stop fighting my partner...Ooow and me too"

Man: "argh rargh farfle no!"

Woman: "Dont touch him, i LOOOVE him! NOOO"

Cop 2: " Maam i intend to use my taser, but first can you stop hitting me and provide me with a medical history so i know its 100% safe to do so?"

Cop 1: "WHAT?"

Man: :argh rafle garfill kill you!"

Woman: "Noooo (punch shove kick)"

Cop 2 : "This is REALLY important Maam, i need to...ooow that hurts!....Is OK to use a taser on you?

Cop 1: " Dude are you kidding me?"

Cop 2: " No, man, i have to...oww damn that hurts....to ask before i use this thing....remember were not supposed to defend ourselves...just....crap my eye!....just everyone else! What if theres some issue this combatant person has and i cause some kind of INJURY? Nevermind the injuries were sustaining...thats OUR JOB!!!"

Woman: (punch shove kick)

Man: (punch shove kick)

Cop 2: "Sir, would you stop hitting us if i gave you my gun and let you be a cop?"

Cop 1: "Thats Right Maam, I have a shotgun in my car, ill give it to you if it will make you feel better about all this...were here to serve and protect you....even while youre fighting us!"

We Have Really Become This IDIOTIC?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Instead of standing there yelling "she's pregnant, she's pregnant", they should have tackled those cops and beat the # out of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join