It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Peter King: US could make preemptive strike on North Korea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by Guenter

Originally posted by wrksstudios
I'm all for it. Turn them and China into glass. The world would be better off.

People like you are the cause the USA is receiving less and less respect world wide. Your arrogance to wanting to wipe off a 5,000+ yo civilization is amazing. And this from some 250+yo society of misfits, land robbers and religious fanatics that now is called the USA.

And please don't feed the BS with that 5000 +yo civilization. A civilization that in 2012 is so heartless to see their kids get invested by cars in the middle of the street and not moving a single finger to help, ignoring totally every human feeling, is not e cilivization but a barbaric tribe of cave man that doesn't deserve any respect.

And American "export of democracy" is more noble? Cave-men rather on the US side than any other part of the world. Well maybe Saudi Arabia, - big friend of the USA. Israel maybe? Very humanistic societies, aren't they?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Can you point me to a valid report of a successful long range ICBM test by NK? Lacking any actual testing of the technology we're supposed to believe that they have the capability of launching an untested missile and actually have it fly successfully and hit a target almost 10,000 miles away? First try? Without testing everything first? Given their abysmal track record this (like most of the rest) is propaganda BS.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Whats wrong Yanky Leaders... scared of a real fight?

With NK? That wouldn't be a real fight...not really. More casualties than the middle east, but in terms of quickly decapitating the regime?

No it isn't. It is completely legal to pre-emptively attack an aggressor that has made it clear that it plans to attack you.

I'm sure China, our landlord and NK's ally, would beg to differ. So would the rest of the international community.

south korea can handle them just fine on their own, and if they cant, well then south korea doesnt need to exsist on its own then.

Maybe, but would be a very bloody conflict. Also, SK doesn't have the troops or bunker busting capability to take the fight to NK. But, then again, that's why you make powerful allies.

We could defeat Russia, China at the same time. How? Naval and Air power. Now taking over their countries? Different story. Destroying most of their food, factories, water, and bases? Pretty easy, for now.

Easily? No. And, if one of them is going down, you don't think they'd use nukes? We could likely nullify China's nuclear attack for the most part (and that's likely wishful thinking), but we'd never intercept all of Russia's.... Not to mention, both China and Russia have some advanced weapons themselves (stole most of ours, after all)... Then again, the Russians gave us stealth...they simply didn't realize it when they came up with it....

Japanese, U.S. and South Korean government sources said the missile is likely the one codenamed KN-08, which the North Korean military claims has a range of 10,000 kilometers.

Everything I've seen says it is a medium range missile they are readying. Even if it is the KN-08, that range is HIGHLY disputed, and hasn't successfully tested at that. Plus, they've shown NO signs of being capable of arming such a missile with a nuke, with most analysts putting them years away from that. Besides, ONE missile coming at the US is really not much of a threat, all it would do is sign the regime's death warrant.

Can you point me to a valid report of a successful long range ICBM test by NK

Nope, and neither can anyone else.

edit on 4-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

People like you are the cause the USA is receiving less and less respect world wide. Your arrogance to wanting to wipe off a 5,000+ yo civilization is amazing. And this from some 250+yo society of misfits, land robbers and religious fanatics that now is called the USA.

Hey now, I agreed with you until you lumped me in with the "Braindead 30%" at the end there. I, nor anyone I associate with (ok, maybe a coupleof misfits) am nothing of the sort. You started out strong - ended as weak as the post to which you replied.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
I hope this isn't Iraq all over again.

Cause this could escalate beyond everyone, bad all bad!

A preemptive strike is what Lil'Kim wants. I don't know the
guy , but I find it hard to swallow that his regime believes
they have any chance what so ever. They know that if we
attack first, that gives China provocation to help defend them.

Then Russia is helping China, all the super powers become hostile
Then the smaller countries governments find themselves in a position
where they have to choose sides, and who best fits there interest.

Slippery slope, we should be talking to this guy not making assumptions
on national TV. Then you need the sheep I guess.

No, that could be much worse than in Iraq, because they have nukes, missiles, and good will to use it.
They are much stronger army than former Iraqi, they have a lot of connections with Russia and China.
That could, even, involve some of that two countries into war. There is some probabilty for, not too big.
War could take an areas of Japan, and communist countries Vietnam, Myanmar, Kampuchia, they could take part in it, on the side of Korea North, too. They hate your government, politics, country, even, people.
They are, practicaly, in war since early 1950s'. They were in isolation since that time, especialy toward West, and other non-communist states. Since the beggining of 1990s', there was some try, but, you can see, something happened. If your government wants to make all from former communism to be your slaves, nothing should surprise us... Because 'communist country can ask no terms', that could produce desperate answer, with a global consequences.
Huh, I am tired of this...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This would be a bad thing to do as you'd merely prove true all the propaganda that North Koreans are fed on a daily basis.

The regime would be strengthened as they would rally against what they perceive to be external aggression.

It will also play into the hands of Islamic extremists and fundamentalist groups in the Middle East who will exploit it for their own nefarious purposes.

So basically this Senator has a severe lack of foresight and isn't being helpful by resorting to the usual American choice which is "let's bomb them."

If an average North Korean citizen was to look at the comments made by people on this site (particularly Americans) what do you think their thoughts would be?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Hey now, I agreed with you until you lumped me in with the "Braindead 30%" at the end there. I, nor anyone I associate with (ok, maybe a coupleof misfits) am nothing of the sort. You started out strong - ended as weak as the post to which you replied.

I gave that reply to the idea that China should be nuked. And I simply compared a 5,000+yo civilization to be vs a 250yo conglomerate of people. And yes a lot people do consider the USA not just a collection of misfits that multiplied over the years, but foremost an "illegal" country to begin with. So if someone wants to "nuke China" and thinks it's "cool", then what wrong with me shooting back from the other end of the argument and just call a spade a spade and say what so many think about the USA. Don't want to be lumped together with those 30%, then isolate them, including your politicians and bankers.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My opinion is that they will never surrender.
If you attack, that will be the beggining of bloody and flamely war.
You are not informed well.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Let refocuss back on N.Korea, and not on nuking others or even islamic radicals. No need for any distraction or derailment of thread.

This thread is on the N.Korea threat. NO ONE, absolutely no one, should take their threats lightly.

In the past, under grandpop kim and daddy kim, we mankind can just ignore them, let them spew and spout, and when its over, sit down over a fire and sing kumbaya.

Those days are over.

Today, Fatboy kim had inherited Plutonium nukes by deceiving a foolish and naive mankind - far deadlier than the mere hydrogen bombs dropped and tested in the past, AND is NOT AFRAID to use it.

Shall we wait for him to blow a significant proportion of innocent humans to death and the rest of mankind exposure to deadly plutoniom radioactive isotopes, then act, or give him ultimatiums/lines he cannot cross or he will be dealth with SHOCK & AWE, wiping him and bunch of senile old fool leaders in quick time?

The answer is clear. No sane human will call for appeasement now, only the insane and they should be thrown into cells with the keys tossed into the sea so that their insane ideology can no longer influence or fool others into accepting death to themselves and their loved ones.

May Fatboy kimmy know the reality of the current situation. I had expected him to throw in the towel when the B2 appeared over Korean skies. But I guess I under-estimated his and his cronies stupidity.

This game has to end at some point, and it is now, before precious human lives are lost. If his senile old hardliners wish for death, then by all means, grant them their last wish - give them guns and let them do the honors to themselves. Our world have no need of insane folks like them and is of no loss when they are no longer of our planet.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

Why China?

There's no guarantee that China will back up NK.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
When is a preemptive strike considered a first attack?
By his logic, the US can strike first if NK is about to attack SK (or the US).

Does that mean China can "preemptively" strike the US, if the US is about to strike NK ?

Considering this is in the msm, that the US is actively thinking this, China would have every reason to "preemptively" strike, before the US "preemptively" strikes.....

**sigh**

This loses logic

TBH I don't know why we can't all sought this out over a game on Battlefield 3!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
China and Russia will NOT back NK, simply because NONE of them want the world nuclearized.

If Fatboy kim is allowed nukes, then the rest of the world will equally demand they need nukes, to protect themselves as well.

Imagine Taiwan, which China considers its territory, is armed with nukes. Imagine Japan, which both China and Russia has territorial disputes, is armed with nukes. Imagine the rest of Asia which China has terroritorial disputes as well, and the middle east, all armed with mass productions of nukes and ICBMs, where do you think those nukes would be facing.

China CCP govt and Emperor Putin may be greedy, but they are not stupid. Fatboy Kim played the wrong card this time. Pathetic inexperienced spoilt kid, sided by senile old fools NK leaders.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Cannot see the comparison between Iraq and North Korea.

The West seem to build the case for invasion into Iraq and WMD themselves. Never did Saddam Hussein come out and try to declare nuclear war on US. There was a sort of uneasy peace between Iraq and the rest of the world after Gulf War 1, before US (and its puppy dog UK) went in.

It is Kim Jong Un who is coming out with all the rhetoric about nuclear war. It is Kim Jong Un who has closed the border for the North Korea Industrial complex. It is also KJU who has cheesed off his closest allies (Russia and China) that they no longer seem to want to stick up for him, their comments are completely different to warning the West out of Syria.

No-one really know how to read KJU whether this is super bluff or whether there will be action at the end - not the US and I guess not the Chinese. If I was Obama right now though, my priority would be to track any military movement in North Korea and work with the Chinese to ensure that any escalation can be "contained" i.e. does not spill to a world war.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnik

My opinion is that they will never surrender.

Sure they will. Once Kim is dead, they have no C&C, and the ground war doesn't come as soon as they hope, only the non-stop bombing of the bunkers and tunnels...while they run out of fuel, ammo, and food...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There is not going to be war in Korea. Only reason there is a north korea is china took action in 54. I do not think china wants a war.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think the best possible option at this point would be to go ahead and send the airbourne strike. rock them at their core, scare the holy terds outta their rectum and watch 'em curl up. but i honestly believe korea keeping us on standby is the elite's plan anyways.. keeps the grants goin to the military, more money printed, more weapons purchased, and the Banks reaping alllll the benefits. so dont look for anything to happen on either parts, and the only thing you really need to worry about is russia.. over there with an army so strong getting the base in the Black Sea up and running again because of all the tension amongst the continents. but this is all just my opinion..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

I hope this isn't Iraq all over again.

Add No if this is going to happen !! Nada !! there are Not Like Iraqis nor Afgahistanis

These Pepole are Brought Up to Hate and Train to Kill
Americans and South Koreans
And They are the 4th Largest Military in the World........

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

And please don't feed the BS with that 5000 +yo civilization. A civilization that in 2012 is so heartless to see their kids get invested by cars in the middle of the street and not moving a single finger to help, ignoring totally every human feeling, is not e cilivization but a barbaric tribe of cave man that doesn't deserve any respect.

And American "export of democracy" is more noble? Cave-men rather on the US side than any other part of the world. Well maybe Saudi Arabia, - big friend of the USA. Israel maybe? Very humanistic societies, aren't they?

Ouchhhhh!!! Did I hit a nerve there dude?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

maybe they are just tired of sanctions and want to stand up to big bully. chances are we the people wont know until many years after it is all said and done sadly

edit on 4-4-2013 by THEBEARDEDGOAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEBEARDEDGOAT

maybe they are just tired of sanctions and want to stand up to big bully. chances are we the people wont know until many years after it is all said and done sadly

If they are tired of the sanctions, then they should just agree to the requests of the UN - to end its nuclear programme.

UN, the West, S.Korea and China stands ready to HELP N.Korea at any time, as they had done in the past, even though N.Korea had deceived the world by quietly building nukes and ICBMs. No human wants to see the N.Korean People starved.

However, the world CANNOT trade with a nation that is hell bent of killing off humanity, or give any aid.

Give up on nukes, and N.Korea will be helped, to thrive economically, not just on charity. It only needs Fatboy Kim to end the stalinistic tyranny upon his own citizens and mankind.

Failure to do so, will only ensure SHOCK & AWE from S.Korea and USA, till the last regime's dog is destroyed totally and absolutely. They are not civillised Iraqi's Baathists party members whom could be put to use to stablise the iraqi country when change is happening. The Kim regime's courtiers and soliders are totally brainwashed and starved crazed, and will fight to the last man.

There will be NO limited exchange of gunfire at the border. Once N.Korea crosses a red line, Shock & Awe will happen.

May kimmie boy wakes up from his delusions and know what to expect. War is not a boy's game or for kids to play. Wars are meant to be won totally and absolutely with deadly FULL force.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join