It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Texas escaped inmates..My neighborhood..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Texas is still is in some serious denial about their corruption

Corruption?

The Hopkins County jail might have some security issues but to call it corruption is a bit of a stretch, no? Texas has a few problems but compared to Chicago (which has REAL corruption from the top down and has for DECADES) is silly.

Criminals try to break out…so do trapped animals. People don’t like to be confined! It’s always been that way and always will. No corruption…survival instinct.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Update:
www.kltv.com... ape-from-hopkins-county-jail-schools-on-lockdown

There were no reports of break-ins or burglaries overnight on Tuesday that might have given law enforcement concrete clues of where these two have been. Hopkins County Sheriff's Office Sergeant Brad Cummings says it's possible and logical to assume they've had help by this point. He says anyone who is helping the men will be charged with felony aiding and abetting.

"The longer the search goes, the less likely we'll get them as quick as we'd like," said Cummings. "The longer they're out there, the longer the public is subject to dangerous fugitives."

Residents living near open pastures or wooded areas should report anything suspicious, especially discarded clothing or clues that indicate someone has been using survival skills in the woods. Officials say they'd rather investigate many false alarms than let the one tip that could make a break in the case slip through the cracks.

Both men have addresses linking them to Hopkins County. Investigators will be following up with the inmates' friends and family today.

Well, not much progress here..Hope something breaks soon, i'm curious to know where they are and how they got there.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Update: They have a car and a gun..Now they are armed and mobile.
www.wfaa.com...

Sulphur Springs police responded to a house break-in on Houston Street late Wednesday afternoon. The homeowners reported that their vehicle was stolen — along with a .22-caliber gun. Sulphur Springs police Chief Jim Bayuk told News 8 just before 6 p.m. Wednesday he was "fairly certain" that the thefts were perpetrated by the escapees. The gun is described as a nickel-plated Derringer. The vehicle is a black 2010 Saturn Vue with Texas plates CR6D425.

A reward for the capture of Tucker and King has been increased from $1,000 to $5,000.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Red River County here.
I know some Schools were on lock down.
One of the guy's girl friend lives here.

edit on 3-4-2013 by grumpydaysleeper because: edited

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Fugitive E. Texas jail inmates remain at-large; authorities searching for stolen SUV!!

King is 5'8", 165 pounds with black hair and hazel eyes. He also had a light mustache and goatee, but is now clean-shaven and has shorter hair. Officials are seeking a stolen black 2010 Saturn Vue that may be connected to the two inmates. It was spotted in the Sulphur Springs area on Wednesday. The vehicle's license plate number is CR6D425. A nickel-plated .22 caliber Derringer was in the stolen vehicle at the time. If you see this vehicle or either fugitive, do not approach them and call 911 immediately. Anyone with tips, clues or anonymous tips should call Lake Country Crime Stoppers at 903-885-2020. A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to their arrest.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

New pictures of Brian Tucker..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The photo above is Brian Tucker and he was awaiting trial on a capital murder charge which the district attorney was seeking the death penalty...The other guy was looking at 40yrs in prison, apparently both of the inmates did not like their future outlook. These guys have nothing to loose, so I can see how very dangerous the two can be.
New info found here at NBC 5 Dallas Fortworth News.
www.nbcdfw.com...

Tucker faces trial in the 2011 slaying of Bobby Riley of Mahoney. King pleaded guilty last month to drug possession as a habitual offender and was sentenced to 40 years in prison. "You have one who's looking at a death-penalty offense and another who's going to serve 40 years," Cummings said. "They escaped because they don't want to go serve their punishments. They don't want to face the judge and jury. They don't want to go to prison. They're a ticking time bomb. You don't know what they're going to do."

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Rest Easy....They have been caught...

The two inmates who escaped from the Hopkins County Jail on Tuesday have been captured in Delta County, according to the Delta County Sheriff's Department. The inmates were captured in Cooper, Texas.

I will add more details of the capture later when more info comes in...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Seen this earlier..Before they were caught..

The Texas Department of Public Safety has added one of the escaped inmates, Brian Allen Tucker, 45, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive list. According to a DPS press release, Tucker has possible ties to the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas.

Also, I have been watching my local news and they are waiting outside the Hopkins county jail, apparently the inmates are being transported back here shortly. The reporter said they would try and get the video as they bring them in..If they do I will try and upload it if they have it online..
So glad they are not running the streets anymore..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Here is a link to some video..I believe this story is finished...Good Night East Texas..Sleep well..

http:/ /www.kltv.com/story/21885079/escaped-hopkins-co-inmates-captured-in-delta-county?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8742753
edit on 4-4-2013 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

Thank you for the updates...and links....everyone can breathe a little easier....

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

your welcome.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here is how it went down..From my local news..
www.kltv.com...

Just before 5:00 p.m. Thursday, the U.S. Marshals Service moved in on a barn in Cooper. That's in Delta County about 20 miles north of Sulphur Springs. Inside, authorities found and arrested the two escapees. Two other people in Delta County were also arrested for aiding these fugitives. After three days of following up on tips, the Hopkins County Sheriff's Office finally got the golden phone call. Jody Johnson saw Brian Tucker and John King driving around noon Thursday heading towards Paris. "I followed them for a few minutes and thought I wonder if that's them, when I got home I called police." Johnson says the black Saturn Vue was going at high speeds. "After about five minutes, they sped off and passed the car ahead of them and they were going like a high rate of speed like ninety to nothing." Within an hour of getting Johnson's tip, authorities were able to locate Tucker and King. Delta County Sheriff's Office got a tip from a pawn shop, saying a man was trying to pawn jewelry. The person who tried to pawn the jewelry told them where the fugitives were hiding, then left in the stolen vehicle the two were driving. Sheriff Butch Adams says that tip let them straight to a barn door.

Sheriff Butch Adams says that tip let them straight to a barn door. "We got information from Commerce that lead us to Cooper, Texas where we were able to locate the subjects in a barn behind a residence as you go into Cooper, Texas," said Sheriff Adams. Adams believes the men were surprised to see authorities. And by watching video taken from an employee of a gas station nearby, Cooper residents were surprised too. Gas station clerk Harman Singh said, "There was actually people like pulling into the gas station parking lot just to watch what was going on last night outside. It was like a big show going on." "I was just full of tears because I was like, yes they're gone!" said Kali Sharpton. Two residents from the house on the same property as the barn were arrested for their role in helping the inmates stay at large. They will face a third degree felony for hindering apprehension. East Texans all around can now feel relieved, that Tucker and King are back in jail. "I'm glad they got them, you know, I'm glad that was them. I was just praying they would get them and they got them," said Jody Johnson. Both men are back in the Hopkins County Jail this morning under tight security. The Sheriff says Friday's arraignment for Tucker and King was for previous charges as well as a slew of new ones connected to the escape. Tucker's bond is set at $1.5 million and King's bonds total over $500,000. However, there is a "no-bond" set for Tucker and King, so even if they provided the full bond amount, they would not be released due to the parole violations.

No get out of jail card this time...And only got 20 miles from the jail...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join