It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Hunters Guild

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elija Black
Dr Ibrahim Obeidallah did some research into zombies back in 1073 AD, Jerusalem. He is the reason we know so much about zombies today.

If you watch Salad fingers, you will see what I mean wecomeinpeace.

Dude that cartoon rocked!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
That salad fingers toon is simply bizarre. lol
Here's another logo. Changed the title and the reaper.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
yeah, it is pretty weird. hilarious though. you expect his head to fall off, but instead he pulls out a flute and plays it!!

liking all the pics

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i'm liking the pic too, keep it black and white , cheaper to print

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Interestingly enough I used to use a very similar image as my avatar. The point is it's a cool looking reaper. Heres what it looked like as my avatar;

[edit on 11/29/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
yeah, I remember when you had that.

What would you have as your weapons of chioce? Namely a firearm + melee weapon.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a machete and a metal baseball bat, i would want to get my hands dirty!! take that zombie filth!!!

Odd

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My personal weapon of choice is an S&W 1911 .50 caliber handgun, but I will carry and use a pair of Heckler and Koch MP5 submachine guns if I expect to be dealing with more than a handful of zombies.

I'd probably also bring along a standard one-handed broadsword, about three feet in length; sharp enough to lop off a zombie's head with a bit of effort, but not so heavy that it weighs me down when it comes time to get the hell out of somewhere.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'd use an AK-74 (more recent version of the AK-47) and a desert eagle, or a Five Seven pistol. For blades I'd take a nice katana. Naturally I'd take all kinds of other equipment like nightvision but thats a start.

Odd

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'd definitely prefer the AK-74 to the earlier Kalishnikov rifles... good choice.

By the way-- infrared viewing equipment will be extraneous most of the time. Unless they've just eaten a kill and are still digesting strenuously, zombies do not give off body heat.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Actually zombies do give off some body heat, just not as much as non-infected humans. So infared would work, just not as well.

Odd

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Good point... perhaps, if we could modify the equipment to intensify these weaker heat signals and omit stronger readings (like those from a normal living human) we could develop an ocular device that would allow a Reaper to differentiate friend from foe in the middle of a firefight.

Sounds like something we'd want to issue to at least one man per squad, and more if funding allows for it.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Fortunatly most Russian equipment isn't too expensive since it's cheaper for them to make it than us. Plus a lot of there stuff is pretty decent. As for an IFF system it would mostly be a matter of "highlighting" certain amounts of heat. Another possiblity is caffine, if we could introduce it to their bloodstream somehow it might increase their heart rate enough to make them more noticable.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
let me join. I shall create a defensive system for the bunker:

take a whole bunch of tubes, hook them up to hoses and mount them so that they fire outside the door. hook the hose to a compressor, and have that hooked to a huge thing of propane/gasoline or whatever. Then attatch a converted barbecue lighter to the end of the rod, fire up the compressor and rig it so when you pull the trigger it fires a jet of flame. That should keep em out, if they ever get close. Then as a last line of defense id rig the whole bunker with explosives so that if only of us lives to press the button, the whole place goes bye bye.

On top of the bunker well put a computer operated changun. and also, around the base ill dump gas and should we need to activate an instant defense, ill throw a match onto the gas and poof: instant firewall.

If thats not good enough, well set up spikes all around the bunker so that when they scramble to get us, a good number of them would be impaled.

and if we feel creative, we should steal one of those old ww2 flak 88s and rig it up on a semi truck, if we need to evac. we can also mount flame throwers and stuff on holes in the side of the trailer to repel boarders. The flak cannon should deal with any horde that decides to pursue our massive apc/tank thing.

and wed need a dozer blade on the front. that would keep a clear path. ooooooh I got another idea. Mount flame throwers on the front of the semi can cause carnage while hes driving (so that he gets more glory than just a massive roadkill count.).

this is all made so that if they ever get past your guns, the bunker wont be overrun...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I'd use an AK-74 (more recent version of the AK-47) and a desert eagle, or a Five Seven pistol. For blades I'd take a nice katana.

Good call. Katanas are simply amazing for zombie killing. Can sever bone in a single blow, and is pretty light too. Shaolin spades are also quite cool, but too cumbersome for my liking.

I hear that the M1 carbine is good, especially as it was designed for use in the greatest war the planet has ever seen.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

1. P90, has a 50 round mag.
  2. Power drills
  3. Nerve gas (hazmat suits and gasmasks are easy to find at army surplus stores)
  4. The engine and rotor blades of a helicopter mounted on a truck
  5. Napalm bombs
  6. flamethrowers
  7. M2 heavy machine gun
  8. Bouncing Betty anti-personel mines

Those are just a few weapons ideas for a variety of uses.

[edit on 12/8/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think we should be a group that would protect people if the U.S.(whatever nation you live in) were to fall into complete disorder and chaos. We would be there if laws didn't matter anymore, if the police were unable to restore peace we would. I don't think the zombie thing is going to happen any time soon.

P.S. I want to join even if you don't decide to do that.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Voidmaster]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Scratch that idea. I didn't really know what I was talking about. It doesn't happen often but it happens.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
what doesn't happen often, a class 4 outbreak or you not really knowing what you are on about?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Class 4 outbreak. MOST of the time I know what I am talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join