It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Hunters Guild

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I've visited the site for the Zombie Survival Guide, and I plan on buying the book the next time I go to Barnes and Noble. Reapers of Death sounds pretty cool. For equipment I think that leather would be pretty useful. How about we get cloaks made from leather. Under the cloaks we could hide all kinds of cool weapons like AKS-74, Tactical 12-Gauge shotgun, Uzi, MP5K, Desert Eagle and all those other fun weapons. Let's not forget japanese swords and cool sycthes though.

[edit on 11/26/2004 by cyberdude78]

Odd

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Leather sounds great as a trademark staple of defense. It's durable, easy to wear, and will put off the bite of a run-of-the-mill necrobiological entity if properly constructed and maintained.

As for the weaponry, I have a few additional recommendations. Standard ballistic rifle rounds aren't really much good against the undead; I've found that incendiary rounds, chemical weapons, and shotguns (and, of course, a good old fashioned severing of the head) work best.

7.62-caliber incendiary rounds (the sort an AK-47 accepts) can be obtained from many sources, and the Kalishnikov's relative ease of maintenance will make it ideal for field operations. The Desert Eagle sounds good as a sidearm; stopping power is important with these sort of creatures.

Every operative should be equipped with and trained in the practical use of close-combat weaponry as well; I'm glad you've all taken note of this fact. Ammunition tends to run out a lot faster than zombies do, and many hunters can tell you that a well-made sword, or even simply a solid boot knife, has spelled the difference between life and death (or undeath) on more than one occasion.

Ah, for the days of federal funding... but we will make do.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yay, salad fingers!!! (I wonder what you taste like...)

what do you mean "(p.s. I know this is all in good fun... i'm just an avid roleplayer )"???

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elija Black
sounds good to me.
Say, have you read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks?

Just what i could get offline, i haven't actually gotten the book yet

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If only the FVZA was real. That would be so cool if I could join an organization like that (a real one). I wonder if salt accually has an effect on zombies like some sort of chemical reaction or if it is just a myth. Anybody else think it would be a good idea too build a bunker? I think a nice defensive bunker with plenty of non-perishable supplies would be a good idea. Build it on an island in the middle of a small lake in Canada with one retractble bridge to the land. I think leather cloaks would look so cool, with some nice gasmasks that look skulls.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Personally just the leater outfit for me, i don't wanna give anybody anything to grab. As for weapons give me a bat and sword and i'll be okay. as for The Zombie thing, Kinda hard to find zombies, how about hunting them all. vamps, ghous, zombie, Lawyers.. errr , a bunker definetly cool. Give us some place to relaxe and rest. Also conduct experiments or imprison beasts.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
If only the FVZA was real. That would be so cool if I could join an organization like that (a real one). I wonder if salt accually has an effect on zombies like some sort of chemical reaction or if it is just a myth. Anybody else think it would be a good idea too build a bunker? I think a nice defensive bunker with plenty of non-perishable supplies would be a good idea. Build it on an island in the middle of a small lake in Canada with one retractble bridge to the land. I think leather cloaks would look so cool, with some nice gasmasks that look skulls.

Skull Gasmasks , That sounds so Cool. OF course kinda hard to scare the dead eh? PRolly wouldn't be too bad to be in the middle of a lake, Park on one side and take a boat across. As long as you always have somebody on the bunker it sounds good. But where you gonna get the money for all that.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Okay, so let's sum up here:

We have a bunch of guys wearing tight leather and capes, hanging around in a bunker for months at a time and admiring each others' weapons. Elijah wonders "what you taste like..." and bordnlazy doesn't want "give anybody anything to grab". Sounds a bit suspicious to me, dudes.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

But where you gonna get the money for all that.

Invest in defense contractors. With the way the US foreign policy is it's like investing in gold, only cheaper with a quicker payoff. Stock with Lockheed Martin is already at about $56 a share the last I saw. Invest now and it's sure to pay off with all the F-35s they'll be producing. Or we could work like mercinaries for other countries, hunting the undead for a price. Anyhow the skull gasmasks would be nice for two reasons, you can use toxic gases to attack zombies, you won't get infected by zombies chunks that fly around after blowing up the zombie. And they look cool while hiding our identities. Even if we don't scare the undead it would help our image. I nearly forgot, hazmat suits might be nice if we decide to use things like mustard gas which rots flesh.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Okay, so let's sum up here:

We have a bunch of guys wearing tight leather and capes, hanging around in a bunker for months at a time and admiring each others' weapons. Elijah wonders "what you taste like..." and bordnlazy doesn't want "give anybody anything to grab". Sounds a bit suspicious to me, dudes.

HEy BUDDY we got a "Don't Ask!Don't TEll!" policy

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Reapers of the Dead is very secretive. It's like Las Vegas, the saying goes something like this; what goes in Vegas stays in Vegas. I just took that test for the NVZA, I'm part of the assult team, shweet. I just got an awesome idea, let's go create a zombie outbreak in some place we don't like such as Green Bay or New Jersey. Then we can go in and mutilate everything thats died with in the last couple of days. I can't believe I want to blast zombies that bad.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wait Wait dude , check it out, After we kill the Zombie we take their personal effects off them. Thats how will make money. Take their wallets , watches , rings, earings, Cellphones, Other peoples digested stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
but you know on a serious note, there would be places on this planet , where people would pay us a decent amount of money to hunt "zombie's", you have to remember their are alot of very superstisious people (east indies), that wanna get rid of the problem without being directly linked to it.

Odd

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ah, you doubters will be singing a different tune when Joe Zombie is trying to tear your jugular vein open...

Until then, it's all we can to to research and prepare. We don't want to go running off half-assed on an operation like this.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well all were doing on this thread is planning with a bit of research. You know a zombie research project would be pretty cool on the research forum. For weapons lets not forget the power of a chain saw. I wonder if anti-freeze and bleech works on zombies.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Dr Ibrahim Obeidallah did some research into zombies back in 1073 AD, Jerusalem. He is the reason we know so much about zombies today.

If you watch Salad fingers, you will see what I mean wecomeinpeace.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It was a joke. No offense meant.

Personally I think Reapers Of The Undead would be a better name.
You also need a cool phrase. How about "Though the dead may rise, by our hand shall they fall."

Here's an image for your jackets/capes/avatars if you like it.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
It was a joke. No offense meant.

Personally I think Reapers Of The Undead would be a better name.
You also need a cool phrase. How about "Though the dead may rise, by our hand shall they fall."

Here's an image for your jackets/capes/avatars if you like it.

Oh yeah that's definetly cool for a logo, but i'd prefer a different reaper. and Undead makes alot more sense then dead.
[Edited on 27-11-2004 by bordnlazy]

[Edited on 27-11-2004 by bordnlazy]

Odd

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Seriously digging the picture. Just stick the name (Reapers of the Undead or what have you) on there and I'll start bandying that thing about willy-nilly.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
sounds good to me. Where did you come up with all this cool stuff?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join