It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Hunters Guild

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Not sure what kind of response I'll get, but here it goes:

I've always held a special place in my heart for when I see a zombie's brain get blown out of the back of its undead skull in the horror movies. So I began researching stories of zombies and I have found tales that date back as far as ancient Egypt. I have also heard about a Chinese zombie hunter guild called "The Brotherhood of Life."

So I guess what I'm getting at is does anyone have any information about zombie hunting guilds, and if so how would one go about joining?

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm not really jumping the gun, but i'm sure that zombies aren't real, and if they are why blow there head off, why not make them allies

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Whoa, if this is true and zomibes are real, I'd go find some zombies right away. I hope they're real, that would be wicked sick. I always thought they were real...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well if there was ever a Dawn of the Dead Scinerio I would start my ow Zombie Hunters Guild. Still it would be fun to join one, assuming zombies are real of course, my weapon of choice would probably be an M-4 or AK-74.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I have heard some about the brotherhood of life also.

I read a book called The Zombie Survival guide by Max Brooks. You really should get it if you are interested in zombies or if you are like me and just pick it up for the sake of it.The zombie survival guide website

By the way michael9_cs, you can't ally with a zombie because you can't even talk to them, let alone negotiate

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Elija Black]

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Elija Black]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The only possible way to ally yourself with a zombie is to contain it and move it to your enemies location. Even that way it's not a true alliance since you're still the zombies enemy, all that you've done is redirect the zombie to a new target.

If I was in the middle of a zombie outbreak then I would grab a hazmat suit. Get some good weapons, get friends together, find a nice hilltop location and build a small fortress. But first I would get non perishable food etc.

BTW assuming that zombies are real there are two ways to make sure that your food/water is safe for ingestion. Either place it in boiling water (in the case of water boil it) for 10 minutes, this is known to kill virtually all known bacteria and viruses. Or use bleach which is known to kill blood cells and other micro organisms.

For weapons I would recommend flamethrowers, a reliable assult rifle like an AK-47, and SMG, 12-Gauge shotgun, or a high caliber pistol. If all else fails get a nice japanese samurai sword or battle axe.

[edit on 11/20/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yay, you cant beat good old Japanese blades. The Shaolin spade would be my weapon of choice though, as it has the slicing power of the katana, but the length of a spear.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Chinese zombies are funny. Because of rigamortis (stiffening of the body after death), they hop around like kangaroos with their arms out stiff in front of them. If you hold your breath they can't sense you. Taoist monks stick pieces of paper with special Chinese characters on their foreheads to paralyze them.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
If you hold your breath they can't sense you.

Sense? where did that come from? What happened to the good old fashioned six?

Actually, thinking about it, that might be an explanation as to how come zombies don't attack other zombies.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Elija Black]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Zombies might find other zombies a bit repulsive. They probably just prefer fresh meat, a bit like normal humans prefer their steaks. So that would also explain why zombies don't kill each other. Holding your breath might work unless they see you. In that case hope that their eyes have rotted out.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
yeah, I suppose. It appears (from research) that zombies aren't mainly reliant on a single sense as humans are.

This is why zombies are still a threat in the dark, as they can still hear and smell, but hopefully not taste, as you dont want to de dead/undead (i presume).

What are we going to call ourselves then?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What are we going to call the zombie hunting guild then?
We need a name before we get started.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah it would be fun being in an zombie hunting guild. I always wanted to see what resident evil would be like in reality. For a name I would suggest something like the Dark Raptors, Reaper's Sycthe, International Society of Zombie Head Blasting or Paladins of Life.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i'm for it, if we get to wear MotorCycle leather(No way a zombie will bite through that!), as for names the Zombinators! or Fighters of the undead, Vegetarians against Cannibalism.? The Pink Flamigo's

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Reapers of the Dead, White Reapers' , Red Reapers', etc etc, Or

Humans
Against
being
Eaten
or H.A.B.E.

[Edited on 24-11-2004 by bordnlazy]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
H.A.B.E sounds funny, but thinking about it we want to inspire fear, not be comedians.

Reapers of the Dead sounds good though. It says what we do, and it sounds cool too.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Initian should be Killing a zombie without any help. OF course most ghouls and Zombie's so to speak are entwined with vampire folk lore. and You barely hear about any stories now a days. Cept in small countries out in the BoonDocks.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Reapers Of the Dead is definetly cool and have an angel with a Scythe on the logo would rock

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
sounds good to me.
Say, have you read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks?

Odd

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I've read the survival guide, and am an assault squad member in the provisional FVZA (www.fvza.org), proudly serving this nation against the necrobiological threat since 2001

I'd love to join your operation... I bring with me an extensive inventory of technologies assembled in my garage with the knowledge and experience that many years fighting the undead will bring.

"If it bleeds, we can kill it... and if it doesn't, we'll give it hell."

Rock on, guys.

(p.s. I know this is all in good fun... i'm just an avid roleplayer
)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join