It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Explains Plans To Buy 1.6B Rounds Of Ammo: We're Buying in Bulk to 'Significantly Lower Costs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by eXia7

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that those most likely to purchase multiple weapons and/or stock up on ammo because of fear driven headlines will be the ones with fear-driven headlines rammed down their throats. If I publish a story about Pepsi being taken off the shelves, you bet your ass there's someone out there who will buy a lot of Pepsi, just in case.

So it's just sensational headlines. Whew - Politicians are not focusing on restricting guns and ammunition, not passing new laws, not campaigning to pass even more?

I wasn't sure, but now we got da troof.
Thank you for clearing it up!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by penninja

Your an idiot

This thread is NOT about an ammo shortage

DHS Explains Plans To Buy 1.6B Rounds Of Ammo: We're Buying in Bulk to 'Significantly Lower Costs

Are you a liberal?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So the purchase is to be made over the next 4 - 5 years. Right now they show a figure of having 263.7 million rounds, but they still insist on purchasing up to 1.6 billion rounds. My question is, why does an agency that operates, and can ONLY operate domestically need so many rounds over the coming years? It is clear to me that they are planning for something big, it can't be denied any longer, that DHS is planning for civil unrest. Why else would they need to purchase light armored vehicles in such a large quantity?

The bids to be fulfilled over the next 3-5 years are there, we know that. But why on Earth do you insist on spreading stuff like the phantom purchase of a large quantity of light armored vehicles? Had you done ANY research on the issue, you would know that this is absolutely untrue.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I get the argument.
They're locking in contracts to purchase over a billion rounds of ammunition over a five year period, to "save money".

Doesn't this mean those manufacturers have to be prepared to meet that demand whether they take delivery or not, shifting resources away from civilian contacts and placing priority on the Gov. contracts? What's worse though is the Obama Administration and the democrat cronies under him in their continued campaign to enact new laws and restrictions are causing a run on ammo, in addition to the above.

Law enforcement agencies around the nation are being directly affected by it, but this isn't the citizen's fault.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Maybe these gun manufacturers will stop making these long term contracts with DHS now that they are losing money as they can not buy the materials to make the ammunition at a cost to allow them to clear a profit since all ammo and related materials costs have skyrocketed as a result of the large ammo purchases by DHS and the resultant spike in demand from the public.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

So the purchase is to be made over the next 4 - 5 years. Right now they show a figure of having 263.7 million rounds, but they still insist on purchasing up to 1.6 billion rounds. My question is, why does an agency that operates, and can ONLY operate domestically need so many rounds over the coming years? It is clear to me that they are planning for something big, it can't be denied any longer, that DHS is planning for civil unrest. Why else would they need to purchase light armored vehicles in such a large quantity?

The bids to be fulfilled over the next 3-5 years are there, we know that. But why on Earth do you insist on spreading stuff like the phantom purchase of a large quantity of light armored vehicles? Had you done ANY research on the issue, you would know that this is absolutely untrue.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claims? Because the DHS did set up an order for bullets, and purchases LAV's, perhaps you haven't been reading the news.

www.businessinsider.com...
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

No, the DHS did not set up an order to buy any MRAPs. If you want the real story, you go to the source itself. You dont depend on the news. Or did the news just now become the best source for everything?

Contract M67854-07-D-5032 calls for the purchase of 2,717 MRAPs by the Navy, for use by the Navy and Marine Corps. This is an $880 million contract and is perfectly visible to the public through www.fpds.gov.

The DoN is not the DHS. The DHS does have MRAPs, but only between 16 and 32 of them. Some sources say 16, some say 32. Go with the higher number if you wish, I dont care. The point is that this whole "DHS buying 2700 MRAPs" stuff is complete BS that was fabricated to cause more fear among those that are already concerned with other contracts that DO exist.

This has been explained several times across several threads here on ATS. What I say is not an opinion on the matter, it is 100% factual and backed up by all evidence that exists on the subject.
edit on 4-4-2013 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2013 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join