It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dark skies true or false?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ive just watched the new film Dark Skies and i loved it.I am a ufologist and find the whole alien and ufo topic very interesting. It has got me thinking could any of this actually happen and if it is,would anybody come forward?
I do believe that there are alien abductions going on but like in the film im not so sure. What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
really

you've been a member since 09....

I have read a bunch of threads
from members who claim to have
been abducted... wow

was the movie any good...
don't think its based on truth
if there was any its been perverted
for ratings

when the shot gun comes out
is dood horking buckshot @ greys or what

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

Can't wait to see that one!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ironic I watched it last night and used my ATS skills to understand what was happening

I think it's just a well done movie.

False, but based in a sense of truth, for some people..

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Of course Hollywood will grossly exaggerate and over-dramatise-i think the reality of abduction is much more insidious,but audiences want to be entertained by special effects,myself included.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Wow! I loved the movie trailer and will definitely watch it, looks creepy but at the same time interesting!! I will be looking out for this one. As far as is it real, well we have ghost movies, people claim to see ghosts. We have alien abduction movies and we all know people have been abducted, are they this violent? I don't know!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jademegjosh
.I am a ufologist

And you got your degree where?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

.I am a ufologist

Is this a serious question?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

.I am a ufologist

If someone's degree were in ufology rather than physics or whatever, wouldn't you use that to beat him/her over the head?

And I like the TV series Dark Skies, on YouTube in its entirety. I'm not ready for a movie of the same name about abductions.

edit on 3-4-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Ive just watched the new film Dark Skies and i loved it.I am a ufologist and find the whole alien and ufo topic very interesting. It has got me thinking could any of this actually happen and if it is,would anybody come forward?
I do believe that there are alien abductions going on but like in the film im not so sure. What do you guys think?

A ufologist huh?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Just watched this last night.... actually a pretty good movie. It's not as well written af Signs or Third Encounter, but definitely ranks among the better alien movies. Keri Russell has really evolved into a great actor.

In regards to the alien question as a matter of fact; well, I can't say for sure I rank no more than a believer. My imagination however can't discount that aliens would have technologies similar to the ones used in the movie.
I also can easily accept the premise of the movie and found it a bit scary

But hey... Hollywood is Hollywood, and as much as I would want this movie to be some form of disclosure I think they just took what the ufo community spend most time discussing and used it to make up the film.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Yes that is what they do and I know they do it cause I have experienced it for myself and it was an experience of experiences. For those that dont believe, well it was one of the best nights I have ever had. I can see why everyone freaks out, the TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by liliththedestroyer

Wow! I loved the movie trailer and will definitely watch it, looks creepy but at the same time interesting!! I will be looking out for this one. As far as is it real, well we have ghost movies, people claim to see ghosts. We have alien abduction movies and we all know people have been abducted, are they this violent? I don't know!

No they are NOT violent, that is just movie propaganda and they like to fan the flames of fear, just like we see here on Ats, fear is what sells.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
being a good movie, i think its nothing more then just a dramatized story loosely based on some past alien abductions. you shouldn't really look to much into it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Oh, WOW!

Thanks for posting the trailer, Raxoxane! I don't pay attention to "what's on", so I didn't even know anything about this movie being out. I'll be watching this one for sure!

OP, can't answer your question until I see the movie, but thanks for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So which is closer to the truth, Dark Skies, or Iron Sky?

I'll take Iron Sky, despite its absolute lameness!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Pretty sure it's just a movie but I guess anything could happen. Thanks 4 the review though I've been undecided about this movie, I'll have to check it out, prob. rent it on dvd or just download it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47

.I am a ufologist

If someone's degree were in ufology rather than physics or whatever, wouldn't you use that to beat him/her over the head?

And I like the TV series Dark Skies, on YouTube in its entirety. I'm not ready for a movie of the same name about abductions.

edit on 3-4-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

Sorry, not serious, nor trying to be degrading...
It was just an off the cuff remark, no harm intended...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by STARTRUTH49

'' Yes that is what they do and I know they do it cause I have experienced it for myself and it was an experience of experiences. For those that dont believe, well it was one of the best nights I have ever had. I can see why everyone freaks out, the TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION ''

So what have you experienced ? I want to know. Why best nights you've ever had ? What did you do ? what happened ? did him/her/they say anything ? What have you learned/ found out ?
edit on 6-4-2013 by Choice777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

.I am a ufologist

There are any number of options to receive your degree in ufology. Try one of these fine institutions:

CSETI University of Mothology
Lloyd Pye School of Skullduggery
Richard C. Hoagland Institute for Pareidolia
and of course, the old and respected Billy Meier College of Creative Photography

new topics

top topics

join