It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Krauthammer: ObamaCare is Arbitrary - Also 79 Senators Repeal Tax on Medical Devices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is going from bad to worse.

Krauthammer explains that making changes to 1/6th of the U.S.economy is running into

trouble. Costs are going up.

Also, 79 U.S. Senators vote to repeal ObamaCare Tax on medical devices.

Obama has vowed to veto any repeal on new ObamaCare taxes but the U.S. Constitution gives

the U.S. Senate the ability to override a presidential veto.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I noticed that Obama has not used his veto power much, maybe he is saving them
all for Obamacare?

I think congress should force Obama to veto many repeals,
that way the people might see who is really takning the country down.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I noticed that Obama has not used his veto power much, maybe he is saving them
all for Obamacare?

I think congress should force Obama to veto many repeals,
that way the people might see who is really takning the country down.

79 U.S. Senators can override a veto , so why bother?

That would just make Obama look very weak and detached.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It would put those who pass it into the spotlight, so that whomever and whichever party
are visible. When eveything crashes the guilty ones will be exposed.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Even the democrats realize that tax on medical devices is going to up the cost for everyone who needs it so I don't imagine it will stay long.

However, that is a major portion of funding that Obama is going to lose so he either has to add to the debt (surprise) or raise your taxes.

Either way, we are all getting the shaft from Obamacare which wasn't supposed to cost us anything.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Even the democrats realize that tax on medical devices is going to up the cost for everyone who needs it so I don't imagine it will stay long.

However, that is a major portion of funding that Obama is going to lose so he either has to add to the debt (surprise) or raise your taxes.

Either way, we are all getting the shaft from Obamacare which wasn't supposed to cost us anything.

A clear majority of democrats/republicans are looking at this 7' tall stack of ObamaCare

regulations and saying the same thing. "What were we thinking?"

I feel sorry for the new law school grad.

Welcome to the our law firm. Our new client requests a briefing on these new ObamaCare regs.

Please read them over the weekend and prepare a report.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I offer my Sunday Mass for Mr. Krauthammer for years for a complete healing, he's been paralyzed since his college days,! I think Charles is Awesome!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Obamacare is a bunch of crap shoved down our throats by radical left wing Democrats because they had a super majority and took full advantage. The best part is they are exempt from having to comply with it but by all means it is good for the American people. This was nothing but a power grab.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by concerto2917
Obamacare is a bunch of crap shoved down our throats by radical left wing Democrats because they had a super majority and took full advantage. The best part is they are exempt from having to comply with it but by all means it is good for the American people. This was nothing but a power grab.

ObamaCare will collapse under its own weight.

Even the democrats in the U.S. Senate can see the writing on the wall.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Also, 79 U.S. Senators vote to repeal ObamaCare Tax on medical devices.

Obama has vowed to veto any repeal on new ObamaCare taxes but the U.S. Constitution gives

the U.S. Senate the ability to override a presidential veto.

Not exactly.

79 Senators voted to add an amendment to the GOP budget plan that would repeal the medical device tax...an amendment to a bill that everyone knew wasn't going to pass...and it didn't.

This is what is called a politcal campaign vote...79 Senators would never vote to repeal the medical device tax in a stand alone bill. But they are on record now of voting to repeal it...so when they campaign their opponents can't use this against them.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

The Obama Administration has drop kicked implementation of ObamaCare until

2015. This nightmare will collapse under its own weight. Did you listen to the entire

Charles Krauthammer clip at the top of Page 1?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

The Obama Administration has drop kicked implementation of ObamaCare until

2015. This nightmare will collapse under its own weight. Did you listen to the entire

Charles Krauthammer clip at the top of Page 1?

Well first off...thanks for completely ignoring the facts I posted about the 79 Senators voting...that is always so welcomed

Second, yes...I watched that zombie talk...and he is spreading propaganda for the idiot masses that tune into Fox News. As soon as he brought up the waivers...you know he is talking propaganda and not facts. He isn't a stupid man, he knows what the waivers are for...everyone with half a brain should know what the waivers are for by now....but he still throws it out there like it is a 100% complete waiver on the entire healthcare bill, which it is not.

Obamacare is not going anywhere...it is here to stay...we can modify it...but it isn't going anywhere. And the best way to modify it is by adding in the public option. It's almost as if it was planned

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If ObamaCare is so great, then why does everyone want a waiver?

Everyone will breathe a huge sigh of relief when ObamaCare is repealed.

The whole idea sounded good in the progressives heads but the ugly details will have Obama

running away from it.

- Unpopular -

I wonder how many Americans are only working 30 hours a week due ObamaCare?

The anger will only grow as more facts / taxes arrive in the headlines.

More people, fewer doctors, very long lines..........OMG! Get rid of this disaster!
edit on 5-4-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If ObamaCare is so great, then why does everyone want a waiver?

Do you even know what the waivers are for? It's a rhetorical question because I already know you don't by the way you are talking about them.

Everyone will breathe a huge sigh of relief when ObamaCare is repealed.

The only way it gets repealed is if it is replaced with a single payer system.

The fact is that the Democrats and Obama were very crafty with this legislation...to move away from Obamacare, you have two choices...include a public option into Obamacare or go with full out single payer.

There is no going back from this...I knew this when the legislation was up for debate...I even knew that Obamacare wasn't going to be perfect (by design). And I saw that the way it is set up, it will change healthcare forever to the point where we either make Obamacare work, we include a public option, or we move to single payer.

But we will never go back to the old way...that is now done...and I'm glad for it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I disagree. ObamaCare will get repealed when the American people demand it.

Then the Canadians will breathe a huge sigh of relief.

They fly down here to the USA using their Medical Tourism option.

The Canadian Public Option makes them wait for surgery.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

I disagree. ObamaCare will get repealed when the American people demand it.

Then the Canadians will breathe a huge sigh of relief.

They fly down here to the USA using their Medical Tourism option.

The Canadian Public Option makes them wait for surgery.

Well you have fun waiting for that day.

And from what I hear, Canadians love their healthcare system.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

If it's so great, then why do they fly down to the USA using one of 15 Canadian Medical

Tourism companies? Answer: They don't want to wait 9 months for surgery.

- - - - - - - L O N G ------- L I N E S - - - - - - - - - ....take a number & Good Luck!

BTW, enjoy your flight to Texas! Shorter lines down there.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Why does what Krauthammer says hold any weight with anything

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Why does what Krauthammer says hold any weight with anything

Charles Krauthammer is revealing the truth. Obama lied to the American people.

The clock is ticking. ObamaCare will be repealed very soon.

The politicians have 1 eye on the polling data.

Americans want their 40 hours a week back! Make ObamaCare disappear or we will

throw you out into the street!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So let me get this straight. Obama put a seven foot tall turd in a box, swore up and down that it smelled beautiful and gave the American people this present. But his plan was that if he gave the gift, even if it smelled like crap and other people would have to work to contain the stench....when they do...it then becomes something beautiful and it remains titled "Obamacare"? Kinda like the "Master" taking credit for the labor of the "Slaves"...right???

Quick...someone...please...throw together a picture of a Southern Plantation with Obama sitting on the porch saying "Smells like roses" while the American people work in the field shoveling the crap he has provided us with...labeled "Obamacare".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join