It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Store owner arrested for using food stamps to stock shelves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

"edit: I haven't witnessed a store stock up, but I've seen people share their food stamps / WIC"
ive seen that and a WHOLE lot more

There really should be a "wic" store, this BS everyone should feel good about themselves, trying to make the cards look like debit cards, allowing to shop in regular stores, which $%$%s everyone else up behind them when they don't have enough or card wont work........

Being on assistance should be a degrading experience, one shouldn't feel like they are "like the rest of us" you should feel ashamed and disgusted with yourself,

that way you actually get off your ass and do something, not stay on it because its just like having a job, but without actually having to work.. Get rid of the car and phone programs as well.

It should only last 6 months or less and can't be reapplied for another 5 years. Yes including the grubby mothers with fatherless children and the grubby fathers with motherless children. Can't afford kids?, don't have them, its a pretty simple system, keep vaginas and penis away from each other BAM NO BABIES wow I knows riiight?

I don't care any more , IM a heartless bastard who loves his money more than lazy poor people and since my tax dollars have already gone to killing children, well hell lets just add poor people to the list as well, at least ill actually get something for my tax dollars instead of dead babies in wars I didn't want to pay for.

We should have real programs that actually find all the jobs in the nation, and bus , move, and auto fill the damn jobs whether the person likes it or wants it(bam there's ya damn assistance, now get to work), if the country find its missing 450k jobs, then they need to make an industry, build a monument or come up with large earth work projects to fill the missing industries they let go to the other countries,like all the damns that need to be rebuilt as example, why the #$%$^ should I pay any assistance, that's what SS is for, we shouldn't be supporting 18-35 year olds, mothers or not.

All the companies with factories outside the country should be paying the assistance, not us. They don't mind protecting the HQ in the country, they don't mind having some of the best bombs protecting them, and they sure as hell don't mind housing their families here, so why aren't their factories here helping support the country they love,,,,, that's right YOUR GOVERNMENT let them walk all over you and continue to do so through lobbying, off shore accounts and factories out of the country. While corporation ceo's make 450k to millions sitting on their ass protected by all the nice bombs and if the shtf tomorrow they would be the first on a jet out of here.

And no I wasn't born with a silver, platinum or mobendium spoon in my mouth , I've worked my ass off to stay off assistance, even when I couldn't find work for over 6 months, worked a 40+ hour week going through school and continue to do so. If my pathetic ass can do it SO CAN THEY..

The only people that should even get any kind of assistance are 70+ people, truly handicapped people,(not obese people with 50 diabetes excuses yet continue to eat twinkies) recently displaced people such as from storms/ catastrophic event. The system we have in all 50 states is an f ing joke used to soak us even more.. Let them distribute their own freakin wealth. The top 1000 rich people in USA could pay benefits for 40-80 million people, that pretty much fills the gap THEY created.

they should also make the punishment for crimes involving any assistance program EXTREME, when you steal from an assistance program you are stealing from hundreds of thousands of people to millions, a slap on the wrist isnt good enough, 30+ years sounds good enough to deter scum bags. 2nd offense, LIFE.
edit on 4-4-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferret

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

30+ years sounds good enough to deter scum bags. 2nd offense, LIFE.

gees, why stop there? how about capital punishment? cut off their hand maybe?

Land of the free! err.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

And you also give millionaire MP's your taxpayer money in huge salaries they don't need, for expensive cuisine they don't need, for a 2nd home they don't need, for chauffers and limo's they don't need, and for all over-inflated expenses they force you the taxpayer to provide for them, all of which they don't need, and all of which they can easily afford to provide from their excellent salaries and/or personal wealth. But you don't bat an eyelid at that?

Why should they get help from the taxpayer? They aren't jobless, broke and struggling and never will be. So why should they get anything at all from us?

I'd like to know the answer to these questions.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Bassam Abu Diab

What do you think this guys religion is?

Anything to bring down the US from within as to help those who want it destroy from without as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
its kinda funny in a way ...
pisses me off

but ironically funny none the less

dood is just making the system
work for him...
Just like the Bankers & Politicians do
yet no one is arresting them

Great post spoon. Think of this the next time some sports club wants to use tax $ to build or your tax $ are spent on any number of government subsidization. But then they will yank out some little store owner for public flogging like he was taking advantage of the system....I mean the poor.

The way I see this is that these cards are like cash and if the gov gives them to someone they can trade them up anyway want.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by eXia7

"edit: I haven't witnessed a store stock up, but I've seen people share their food stamps / WIC"
ive seen that and a WHOLE lot more

There really should be a "wic" store, this BS everyone should feel good about themselves, trying to make the cards look like debit cards, allowing to shop in regular stores, which $%$%s everyone else up behind them when they don't have enough or card wont work........

Yep, yep, yep. This is how the government subsidizes the economy.....by using the poor as a conduit and at the same time making themselves look like do gooders.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I am on food stamps. I also work. I drive an old truck. It had 239,000 miles on it when I got it in 2007. Probably has 500,000 miles on it now, I guess. Muffler is so loud, I can't stand it. My ears ring from working around our military jets. The muffler is icing on the cake , now. I was going to college and earned my degree. Now I am too poor to really do anything but barely survive. Not homeless because I am in public housing. Funny, I worked for a company getting contracts from HUD years ago. I was a contractor for this contractor. First month I earned 1700 bucks. A bit more than a month later, I was still waiting for my first check when I get a letter saying that the government dropped their contract because they were not doing what they were supposed to. So they went bankrupt on me. Those contractors told me that, when they took over for what used to be an in-house HUD operation, there were HUD people renting out houses that were showing as still needing to be prepared to sell or rent. I do not know if that was true, it was all hear-say stuff. Anyway it took a few years to get some of the 1700 bucks back. I took work from the next contractor to get the HUD contract, keeping a positive outlook. After a few months, I was told that I was going to get less pay for my services. So I told them over the phone that I "quit" and find someone else. The person on the other end of the line said, "But, you are our best worker." I can only suppose a CEO somewhere needed my money for a party he was having somewhere. Long story short: Now I am living in public housing that is run by HUD, and I have to wince, when I hear about the public "dole". Just throw this store owner out of the country, I say. Or put him in charge of HUD or the local government, give him a job handing out contracts for Haliburton. Same old thing, if he is really good at mishandling public monies, put him in charge and don't dis this vet for welfare help. I have to go work for the minimum wage, originally meant for beginning workers. My degree does me no good, because I work, then I am tired, then I work, then I am tired, then I work, etc, etc. Sorry, I have to go to work. I am tired. Thanks for mentioning that some on food stamps work. My back hurts. whaa. give me a handout. I don't get paid proper, but give me a "handout". I remember losing my pitifully small unemployment check because I refused to go back to work, where I felt I would eventually be run over by the forklift operators who would yell, "Go to hell," when workers said "Slow down!" I was getting paid minimum wage, but the temporary agency got their cut, you know. People were passing out occasionally. One guy was being taken to his vehicle in a wheelchair by the supervisor. There was a big pothole about six foot across in the drive. You could say that "you couldn't miss it." Well, I guess the supervisor got his position by being smarter than everyone else. He didn't miss it. Dumped the guy right in the pothole. The road was probably 30 feet wide, so he only had 24 feet of good pavement. The workers said that management didn't care about them. It was made clear that day. I could tell you a few more things about how that day was miserable, but as I said. I have to work. So, I guess I better go. When I get my check this week I will be able to pay my rent at public housing, pay my insurance for my vehicle, and get the luxury of the mystery of driving a vehicle that still goes despite my not being able to afford preventive maintenance. Well, I did put some pipe mend on the muffler about a year ago. It was not designed for heat applications. The first week it turned black. It's that fiberglass material that you could cast a leg with. Add water and wrap the pipe. I am afraid to look now. No airbags. Parking brake wont keep it from rolling down a steep hill even in gear, when parked. I can put on the parking brake and put it in gear and drive. It's hard to tell the difference. Amazes me it still goes. And how it doesn't stop when its parked. Well I really have to go to work. I guess I'll go soon. I am not supposed to get any overtime, so I don't have to hurry I guess. And my ass itches from fiberglass I am working with at work. and my back. I think I will skip the shower though. I wash and shave about every three days unless it gets bad (hold my nose, and it still stinks) Save money. I have to pay excess utilities at public housing. So best to save water, so I can use heat without worrying too much about the bill. When I left the military, I received $25,000 dollars in separation pay. The Feds and state gov took 7,000 in taxes. Then when I got my disability pay, I was going to get 100 bucks a month ( a fortune!) but my contract says I have to pay back the separation pay if I get disability. So, I won't get paid until they get back their $25,000. Not the $17,000 I got after

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Struggling people who accept help from the government = leech scum of the Earth
Wealthy elite accepting help from the government = no problem!

I must be in backwards land.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Actually, what he did was illegal but did not in any way change the dynamics for the American Taxpayer. The "face value" of the EBT cards remained the same.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

I'm not sure about your logic. That's like saying its OK to rob a bank, because after all, the same amount of money is still in the system. If a guy like that cheats the system this way, it would follow that he would cheat other ways as well. ITS NOT OK.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero1020
Struggling people who accept help from the government = leech scum of the Earth
Wealthy elite accepting help from the government = no problem!

I must be in backwards land.

This thread is about people cheating "the system" by buying food stamp credits for around 40 cents on the dollar, then buying groceries at Wal-Mart, marking up the prices, and then re-selling them.
You're not in backwards land. You're in "I didn't read the OP" land.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

i go to the store and have to price shop and eat crap like peanuts when i prefer cashews. then i look over and a cleanly dressed couple has a cart over the top with overpriced junkfood...paying with wic.

WIC pays for milk eggs and peanutbutter. NOT junk food.
do you mean food stamps?

Also, while on wic, it ends when the child turns 6 I believe, but if you make a verbal statement saying you cannot afford to feed your children they can override it and continue the payment. At least that was how it used to be. My best friend did this about 10 years ago..

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
All sounds good to me accept the prison sentence for breaking the law
. I live in a transition house trying to get back on my feet. Never had assistance but everyone here it seems is on social security of some sort and they all work under the table making more tjan me. I cant turn them in because they say i may have to testify and then wjere will i go? When i move out im gonna do something.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I've seen people who buy alchohol and cigarettes with thier food stamps. Thier kids came to my house to eat because the parents didn't buy food . I reported the store and the people to DHS. Told them the store has security cameras the time it happened So they could verify through video and Point Of Sale Nothing happened . When it happened again I called ,pissed off, I was told the state didn't have the funds to investigate every report. My reply was if you busted some of these (explitive deleted) People maybe you would. I knew a couple who both got 356 dollars amonth on thier cards while claiming each other as dependents. They sold the cards for pills 50 cents on the dollar. Then came to me begging for food. I have been on public assistance in the past. Not by choice. It is a good safety net. There will always be people who abuse the system. Unfortunately the states don,t seem to be willing/able to do anything about it. As for the people who say get a job. Alot of walmart employees get food stamps because they aren't paid a living wage. Get a second job... all of the money you make goes toward child care. My niece was a nurse for about three months. Because she had to pay for child care while she and her husband were at work.They lost money when she went to work It was more benneficial to them for her to quit her job and go back on welfare. Personally I think the system has failed.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
I've witnessed this more times than you can imagine. It's no wonder we're bankrupt. We live in an entitlement society, nobody wants to get out and work and earn their keep, they rather be spoon fed ignorance, and live in bliss.

edit: i haven't witnessed a store stock up, but I've seen people share their food stamps / WIC
edit on 4/3/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

I guess some people whom work hard look at somone whom has been picked up by the movie industry or music industry, driving a ferrari at 18 and there goes their moral.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
BTW, Abu added to this guys name makes him a muslim leader of some sort. This is one of the many ways the Muslim want to bring down America.

edit on 6-4-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join