Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The History of the Eagles 2013 Showtime Anyone else seen this?

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I just watched this long, long retelling of the history of the band with mixed in comments from the huge egos of Henley and Frye along with statements from former members. I am quite flabbergasted by all this as didn't we just go through a reunion documentary in 94'?
This just reeks of a monetary project that really begs the question of how can these guys be broke? There is not one single solitary thing in this long, somewhat tiring, retelling that the average classic rock fan doesn't know already.
The clips of the absolutely gorgeous and the booming, blossoming sexuality of a 19 year old Linda Ronstadt are worth suffering through Henley and Frye continuity telling the viewer how great they are-were-or whatever. Funny however, there are no comments from Linda in real time-just old interviews.

The Eagles are one of the best bands in history and I love all their music. It's just them individually I had problems with-anyone here old enough to remember the very early days of p2p-Napster and WinMx among the programs and how both Henley and Frye reacted?

The highlight of the whole thing (other than wetdream material from a teeny Ronstadt) is Joe Walsh who I have always liked and he comes across a sincere and quite truthful, above all the aren't I great stuff.

What do you people think?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

The Dude: Jesus, man, can you change the station?

Cab Driver: [snip] you man! You don't like my [snip]ing music, get your own [snip]ing cab!

The Dude: I've had a...

Cab Driver: I'll pull over and kick your a$$ out, man!

The Dude: - had a rough night, and I hate the [snip]ing Eagles, man

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
yeah i remember Napster (Lama lol) and winmx, ivé often wondered if i could get a retro Napster skin, just for shiz and gigz but i guess thats justs living in the past.

join