It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sleep Disorder Makes People See 'Demons'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
this sort of sleep disorder has been reported on since the victorian times here in england,.

with artisits depicting a black shadow in the shape of a "demon" sitting on the persons chest whilst they sleep and cannot move,

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I have to say that I agree with you. I am a Christian as well, and while I have these beliefs I don't think that influences my thinking about SP much. I did just have an episode last night though, and it was only the latest in a handfull I've had in my life (that I remember, I think most of them are repressed by my concious mind).

I found it interesting the way you talk about the number one sign that a dream is demonic is when you become aware that it's a dream. You know you're in your house and you feel like you're concious but you can't wake up. That's just how it was last night for me. I was lying there thinking that I'm awake but I can't move and struggling to no avail. I didn't open my eyes because I don't want to see anything; I never do. But I'm not even sure I could open my eyes if I wanted to. The first time I has SP my eyes were open and I couldn't shut them, but from then on I think they've always been closed.

It's interesting that I was on my stomach when this happened. The vast majority of the time I sleep on my back.
edit on 4/5/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

As I've mentioned a few times on different threads relating to this 'sleep paralysis' thing.

It is 'Succubus' I'm telling ya..... I know its not a sleeping problem but real life s h i t!!

I had it for a few years until i moved out of the house I was in and then it stopped (it stopped).... could have been to do with the house but I dont think so.... I believe it was 'Succubus' and there is such a thing... She attacks vulnerable people and has sex with them.

If this happens to you, I suggest moving from where you live.
edit on 5-4-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I suppose it could be consider real life stuff, because it does take place within our 'real' reality, not in a movie or in a sci-fi novel.

I just don't know how real it is outside of each idividual's own mind. What you see in your experience is probably not seen by anyone else who may be in the room during your experience.

Maybe it is more than just a mental manifestation. Maybe it exists in a different dimension and episodes like yours are examples of how we can enter this mysterious dimension?

Fact is, at this point, no one can disprove this, there is no way to do so. They can say it is a sleep phenomena, bt they can nt prove that it is nothing more. I think each individual appreciates the reality of the experience in different ways. Some brush it off as very wierd sleep episodes, some embrace it as a doorway to another dimension.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I suffered with SP as far back as I remember as a small child until I was around 30. I suffered an episode of at least once a week sometime's more during that whole time. I try not to think too much about the thing's I saw...mostly horrible, sick, twisted vile ..but always terrifying. No matter how many time's I survived an episode every time I experienced one I was convinced it would kill me!

I know the scientific world has an explanation, but it never sat well with me. I think mainly because those who experience it always see similar thing's and have done in all culture's across the world and in all generation's. Outside influence's don't seem to have any bearing on the experience.

These day's I don't suffer the way I did in the past. I still have episode's of SP where I can't move or talk but there are no terrifying "hallucination's" / "visitation's" whatever you wish to call them. But what as become a regular theme for me is waking in this state and seeing red writing on my wall.It's almost like I have lost the ability to read....I know the writing is there and it is word's but I can't read them. I strain really hard to try and focus and read it but as I feel myself coming out of the paralysed state the writing become's less and less visible until I can move and then the writing just disappears....It's more frustrating than scary!

I haven't heard anyone else seeing this writing on the wall during SP ...I would be really interested if I could find that someone else had the same.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Btw,i always forget,of course no one online is really privy to this-i grew up in an extremely dysfunctional,very abusive family.I was adopted at 10 days old,through the direct intervention of a FM,a lifelong friend of my adoptive parents.My adoptive father(shadowpersonin question?) was'nt even in country when my adoptive mom signed papers,she told me later in life(around 8/9) that he was furious wth her for adopting me.We were close when i was a small kiddy,though he lived apart from us-we completely grew apart as time went on.I just felt-if shadowperson was him-it was sweet of him to come visit me.If not him-manners cost nothing,eh?

I will have to read your first post again, What caught me was you thought it was your father and I could relate in a sense what I would have done, but my father was the world to me when I was young. I'm sorry about your child family situation, and the way you described it, I don't think this shadow person was your adopted father, unless there were untruths told to you about him. It may have been another entity if there is such that is/was protecting you. It definitely wasn't evil I actually wouldn't even call it a shadow person, if it gave you no fear and it gave you peace enough to give it an apology and fall asleep.
You never question why you fell asleep on it? Would you fall asleep on it again, if the experience happen tonight?
Remember it's not about getting belief, it's about your understanding of your own personal experiences and maximizing them.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

Sorry for such a long description. I think it’s important to understand the basics of sleep cycles, before moving into more complex sleep state manipulation.

I mailed you the steps to take to experience SP and potential OBE on your own. I would've posted here, but it is too long and I don't want to hi-jack the thread.

Anyone else reading & interested in learning more, let me know and I'll mail you or I'll open a new thread about it.

One of the hardest parts for me to get past were the 'auditory hallucinations'. Many people describe them as a mid-range humming sound, related to the 'electrical buzzing' feeling they experience with SP.

What I hear is a little different. It's very loud and sounds like a very large piece of glass shattering. It's similar to one of those 'Rain Sticks'. A hollow stick with beads inside. When you turn it over, it sounds like heavy rain falling. Very suprising, especially when it's something you've never heard/experienced with sleep before.

Thank you for the reply and unfortunately I did not receive your email. Please create another Thread so there can be more discussion.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Hey there mysteryskeptic,i honestly don't know-i really think i would strive to stay awake harder,if it happened tonight.I would want to ask him some things,that i did'nt know to ask then.At that time,i wanted to keep on looking-but i really could not keep my eyes open.I felt exhausted,like it was almost painful to stay awake,like the staring up into his face drained me.

I wonder why such a strange-looking thing,and the way it arrived did'nt freak me out completely-it just did'nt.I remember looking from the silhouette,back to the face,back to the silhouette-trying desperately to be sure if it was my late father-it sure did look like his build,tall,slender,but not overly thin.I was Straining to make out even the slightest bit of clue,but aside from being of his build,there was nothing.And it was just patiently standing there being gawked at,not moving,no sound-till the overwhelming desire to sleep came over me.To tell the truth,i did sense almost a sort of sympathy coming from him,a sadness-but maybe that was projection from my side,i cannot be sure.In hindsight,had he sent out that vibe to me-it would not have been misplaced,thats for sure!

I did meet my biological mom once,sweet old bird,but she clearly did'nt want to talk about the past-not really fair of her,i guess-but she did tell me she had no choice but to give me up-she was young,unmarried,unemployed,alone,her own mother died when she was 10-she did'nt really talk about her own father-i got the idea that aside from the daughter she had a few years after she gave me up,she pretty much neglected to keep up ties with most of her extended family,like aunts,uncles,etc.

But when i mentioned that my adoptive mother told me the name of my biological father-that it was listed on the birth certificate as Terry Vickers-she almost had an anxiety attack-she shouted "No,no! where would she get that name from?!? No,that was not his name!" She was Really upset.When i asked her "Well do you mind telling me-what Was his name?" (which i did'nt think was unreasonable) she started blubbering:"Ohhh it was so long ago-i dont remember! I think it was Peter!" She seemed afraid,almost.

Well.I just let it slide then,most adopted kids never get to meet their birth mom,and i hated her being so panicky and uncomfortable.She seemed to have a great deal of animosity towards my adoptive mother-although i never told her of the abuse,the unhappiness,it was like she knew anyway-i felt that would've been cruel to tell her-and it was'nt like she could do anything about it at that stage-the past is done.It was good to meet with her-but there was'nt going to be much info forthcoming,that much was plain to see.

So i think,maybe it Was my late adoptive dad.Or something benign-i've heard that shadowpeople are usually terrifying,or at least inducing some fear in those who see them-so maybe this was another type of entity altogether.He sure was black as the essence of blackness though,like blackness distilled and reduced.Sort of concentrate of shadow

Btw,i did have a dream of my late father once,about 2 years ago.I was standing in what looked like the backyard of his FM friend,who gave me to my adoptive mother.He was leaning on a wall,looking satisfied and at peace,which was nice.He was dressed as in life,slacks ,and his fave V-neck jersey over a shirt, and the Indiana Jones-style hat he liked to wear.He was a farmer/farm manager,a true son of the land.He always had this mysterious,enigmatic little smile,in life,and in the dream too.I glanced back at him,he was standing a few meters off and behind me-we did'nt say a word,but it was really good to see him,it was comfortable,a nice dream i treasure.Because what i did get from him,the vibe-was that he was happy and at peace with how my life was going-as in,no worries now

edit on 5-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

how is it these researchers can state that the things people see are all in their minds? They totally discount any possibility of anything of a more spiritual or paranormal nature.

Maybe demons infest human minds... which is why such reports are taken as psychological cases. It could be a mental thing, but still a real demon. Like you said, it could appear in the vision of one person, but an onlooker may not see or feel anything.

Maybe people who experience it are in a trance like state and their minds are access a parallel dimension where those demonic beings live.

The very idea that so many people would all see the same thing seems a bit unlikely to me, if these were mental manifestations.

Exactly. How is it that so many people report those black figures? See my post here

edit on 5-4-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Very possible. I just get annoyed that some want to write off anything but some totally mental explanation, and won't consider that there could be a very real entity there.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
But what as become a regular theme for me is waking in this state and seeing red writing on my wall.It's almost like I have lost the ability to read....I know the writing is there and it is word's but I can't read them. I strain really hard to try and focus and read it but as I feel myself coming out of the paralysed state the writing become's less and less visible until I can move and then the writing just disappears....It's more frustrating than scary!

writings on walls?

Never heard of this before or experienced it myself when I had these 'night visits'.... sounds interesting and scary... not to mention frustrating. I wonder what is written.... maybe something like 'we live in the underworld hell and attack those we want with us'

I hope you can figure out how to stop this happening. I managed it by moving to a different location and lifting myself out of the depression i was in at the time. I was also in a new relationship at the time which may have helped!!

Last night, I started to have an experience of floating above my bed and started to move toward the window.... but again I got scared and woke up! I know this is totally different but thought i'd share.. I've had these happen before but always wake up out of being scared even though I don't want to be scared (if this makes sense). I think my subconscious tells me to wake up but my mind is with the other self going with it or the other way round.
edit on 6-4-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

R U Greek by any chance?
There is a whole cosmology in your post.

Reminds one of my favorite books by a nature medium based in San Francisco titled War in Heaven.
Author: Kyle Griffith. Publication 1988 - you can read it over the net at bibliotecapleyades for example.

What happens after death. Souls are enticed by agents of Theocratic bundles posing as dear old grandmothers... But you should simply chose to reincarnate. Here or elsewhere.

Check it out. There are similarities. If this is a tradition in your country, it is a damn good one.

Kokatsi

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I believe in the worlds after death, I grow up with these things, it was a routine for me, till I got 12-13 y old (stopped with a couple of exceptions)... Then I changed... now I am 30+++++

I never had any sleep paralysis, but I had similar experience in a raw, for about 1 year till we moved house. When I was 4-5 (between that) every night I was trying to go to bed, many entities visited me, between 6-7-8 huge anourmus entities surrounded me and protected me for the entire night... every night for about 1 year. During the night, dark things with AN EXTREMLY bad mouth, even today after SOOOOOO many years, never heard such a bad mouth in my life. Was trying to get near me, but the big entities, strangely, made a circle around me and they were talking in a strange language, more like... whispering but VERY BASS voice.. I was scared of them, but when I grow up, i realised that they protected me.

Dont worry, I said that to my parents (at that time) everyday and we also visited doctors, but the doctor said I was extremely fine, I was doing it to take their attention but that was not true... lol After we moved house, we learned that the block we moved out from, was an old cemetery long ago. That was not the only time ive experienced things, but I do believe, or " know " both sides. I have some experiences... I dont bother with paranormal though...

The last experience with vision (to see it) was, 6 years ago, I was a visitor in a house for a week and I saw a man inside the house looking at me, he was normal! I mean, materialisd, I didnt felt anything, I pass next to him and just that momment, I thought that its RUDE not to say "hi" introduce my self... I turn my head to his side, just a second after a pass next to him and his was not there, I paniced all my friends in the house did to and we searched, but nothing... That gave me the creeps because he was normal! not a vibrant or spooky looks. It was the last time, I want to believe. (and I left the next day, didnt make it for the entire week)

But I also have to say, that most of the entities u may see, from a personal perspective, are evil, dark ones, dark is everywere in this planet.. I ts rare to see a " lost soul", or most of the times it may be dark entities, pretending to be " lost souls", they love to manipulate. So I dont bother (at all, about paranormal), the reason is, if they manipulate u, YOU will manipulate others and thats the goal... We have to focus our selves, as humans, in other things more important...

just gave you a clue, about it.. but I never experienced a MORA.. (shadow man)

Its not because I am Greek, its because I am dislexic... I try to fix them up, but I always have spelling grammar problem

edit on 12-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I dealt with this most of my life until the last 5 years or so. I was clueless as to what it was until I started doing research. When i joined ATS I learned that it was more common than I thought. I have since learned tips and tricks to keep it away, such as sleeping on my stomach or side. It is more likely to happen when sleeping on your back, or in cases of extreme stress.

I've had plenty of sleep paralysis in the past and it always happens when I lay on my stomach. I've tried to get it to happen while on my back and could not. I love the experiences though. It's only scary the first time.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Stories may be scary to read, but far more scary to experience. I lived through about 15 -20 years of this. It came and went whenever it wanted, I'd normally get a feeling around dusk that it was going to be one of those nights.
I am not really bible religious, but I believe in a creator and found that asking for help from God or saying the Lords prayer usually works in ridding them for awhile.
The problem I had was that I was always tired, and obviously lack of sleep made me more tired. Which meant I would get drowsy, fall asleep and be attacked, I think they actually drain you of energy in some way, they are parasitical and IMHO exist and are not some psychological disorder.

Asking for help from god was just you building your own confidence. You could have asked for help from kermit the frog and it would have sent them away.
I don't understand why people are so afraid of these experiences. I was scared the first time for obvious reasons but after that i'd instigate them myself. I've watched my room turn red and fall apart, i've watched a dark figure in a wide brimmed hat come into my room and towards my bed, etc.. Once i realized none of it ever did crap to me i just found it interesting to watch and play out. in fact i've projected and amplified my own horror onto said things and turned them into kittens. God had nothing to do with it but my consciousness sure did. I can't wait for the next time, maybe i'll pop out of body and chase them down!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spacemanjupiter

Its funny, you remind me Boggart in Harry Potter. Boggart was the magical creature that took shapes from our fears and they used the spell : RIDICULOUS

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join